Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

It's a nice option to have, not the first thing I'd have thought of for an exclusive, but it has the ability to add to display options and is relevant to the character and piece, plus it's something real from the films and not a total fabrication.

Y'know, I can't help it but when I'm reading all these comments about how it doesn't look like Jack Sparrow and how the accessories are bad and whatnot, that these are the same types of complaints we were hearing when Sideshow was releasing the KOTCS Indy PF.

All of those haters ended up eating crow, as the finished product far exceeded everyone's expectations. I see no reason to doubt that the finished product here will also blow everyone away.

I look forward to posting pictures of mine when it arrives, and making all the haters drool. :D

I agree, Have faith in Sideshow! They'll do their best! that said at first I did not see alot johnny in the preview pic... but day by day and with the release of the new pics it really is Johnny!!! I do love the figure IT's Awesome!!! cant wait to have Jack in my collection one of the figure I've always wanted! I personally don't think the face need to be tweaked... I like the way it looks right now.

What do you guys think of the EX for this piece?
Too me it's a mreh sort of EX and it's one I can definitely live without, as well as the fact this PF comes with two different Hands anyway, which is pretty cool

Hmmm.....are you complaining? :D

The Exc is kind of blah but I got one since its always good to have more display options. But if I had missed it I wouldn't have been too upset.

Any guesses on just how many of these will be made? The exclusive sold out in like 8 minutes but when you are talking about such a popular character and the fact that disney also promotes their new sideshow products-there could still be quite a bit of the exclusive

Any guesses on just how many of these will be made? The exclusive sold out in like 8 minutes but when you are talking about such a popular character and the fact that disney also promotes their new sideshow products-there could still be quite a bit of the exclusive

My guess is 750. That seems to be the norm for popular characters.

I think this sculpt looks a lot like Johnny Depp, like 92% on. If anyone saw it they would immediately recognize it as Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, so in that they have succeeded, but it could be better. The paint color on the skin looks like he is badly sunburned, though. I haven't found any pictures where his skin was that dark. As I recall, he was always pretty fair skinned.

Last edited:

what's fascinating to me is the need for some people(not saying you Darklord) to have their opinion/taste be validated universally, or else they'd feel bad. that seems to show a lack of confidence in their own taste. i mean, if you trust your own taste enough then no matter what everyone else says to the contrary shouldnt bother you much. or should it?

seconded.

From my point of view it's not so much the validation of opinion, (I know my opinion is far superior to anyone else's :D). And if I'm not happy with a piece, I will post about that too. It's more of a defense against unfair maligning of a piece that is actually really great.

One of my constant battles is convincing Sideshow and other collectible companies that forums are a GOOD thing that help get the word out there, rather than a bash hall where people go to just dump on their products. If there are a lot of repetitive, non-constructive bashing about a piece it not only drives away the artist who might otherwise have come on the board to comment, but also makes it less likely that the company would use the forum as a resource for ideas (which we know both Sideshow and Hot Toys have done).

I miss the old days when alot of Sideshow people used to post around here. Can't say that I blame them for avoiding us now.

Those were the days when even the worst of critics would offer intelligent, articulated feedback rather than referring to sculpts as mongoloids and treating the artists behind the piece like a group of monkey's that don't know their head from their butt.

l now think this thread is pointless, one person like it the other doesnt,another likes it another doesnt then the argue.enough,he will be great when released end of story,and every one who says they dont like it,when they post pics of there collection we will see jack on there shelf,so enough.

l now think this thread is pointless, one person like it the other doesnt,another likes it another doesnt then the argue.enough,he will be great when released end of story,and every one who says they dont like it,when they post pics of there collection we will see jack on there shelf,so enough.

Then you must think pretty much every thread in this forum is useless?

Those were the days when even the worst of critics would offer intelligent, articulated feedback rather than referring to sculpts as mongoloids and treating the artists behind the piece like a group of monkey's that don't know their head from their butt.

I AGREE....:whip

I'm torn on this piece as to whether I should go with the Ex. or the regular. While the gun would be a cool extra to have. I don't think I'd want to display this piece with anything other than the compass. In the video, Joe says that they tried to go with the accessory that best told the story of Jack Sparrow, well to me the compass best encompasses (pun) who Jack was, a pirate on the high seas with nothing but the wind and a crazy compass to tell him what direction the next adventure was.

I agree, I'll either display him with the compass for the reason you mentioned, or the coin in honor of the plot of the first movie. I just don't care for the pose with the gun personally. My motto is any money I save is money toward another collectible.

I'm curious, what's the meaning of your sig, "Just say no to convention sketches"?

I'm torn on this piece as to whether I should go with the Ex. or the regular. While the gun would be a cool extra to have. I don't think I'd want to display this piece with anything other than the compass. In the video, Joe says that they tried to go with the accessory that best told the story of Jack Sparrow, well to me the compass best encompasses (pun) who Jack was, a pirate on the high seas with nothing but the wind and a crazy compass to tell him what direction the next adventure was.

If you're not an EX ho like me (or if you're not a flipper), then I'd just go for the regular.

If you're not an EX ho like me (or if you're not a flipper), then I'd just go for the regular.

I agree. I got the Exc (for $5 more what the heck) but the regular is just fine and if you can save some money by getting it from another dealer then I say go for it.

The Exclusives don't bother me at all. Sometimes I think they should be better but for 10 bucks more, specially if I have the flexpay option, why not get the exclusive?

The difference is that if you can live without, then might as well get on a 10% discount somewhere else. That's why I think that Sideshow really should offer better Exclusives like Leonidas and Besrserker so you will buy from them first to try to get the Exclusive. But if your thought process is to not even try the exclusive because it makes no difference for the piece, then most of us will prefer saving and getting it cheaper somewhere else.

The reason I get the regular Form Sideshow is because of awards and the flexpay, but some retailers are starting to offer that so Sideshow is better start to make better exclusives so to draw people to get from them first...

BTW, I love Jack Sparrow and I will get it....

If you don't like it, well..... don't... :)

Cheers

Bear

Back