Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

Yeah, I can't disagree with your analysis, I just don't think Sparrow will be one of the ones getting the cut. Also, what do you think about them doing it this way? I don't like it, I loved the excitement of SDCC, but stretching it out over the month...seems less special.

Since I still haven't been able to go, it's just about the same experience for me, but without the fear of missing out on stuff because we're all ordering at the same time. We'll still get show shots, and I think it'll still be exciting.

I am puzzled by it though, wonder why the change, it seems like the formula's always worked, that's why I'm unsure what the booth'll be like this year, maybe they'll have less of a presence than in the past. They're not going to the Star Wars con this year, which surprised me too. Maybe just being there for people to walk up to is enough and a smaller booth is all they need. We'll see soon.

Aww, that sucks they aren't going to be a CV. It is here in Orlando so I may go, I was hoping to finally get to meet some of our VIPs. :(

What they need is a hardcore pirate movie. Yea Pirates of the Caribbean was good but it was also too Disney. We need a pirate movie about raping and pillaging...dark, gritty and grimy.

They actually do make a hardcore Pirate movie....just not the hardcore you're talking about...can't wait for this PF...

I canceled this a little while ago as well. It's a great piece. But, I have limited my collection to just Dark Knight and Lord of the Rings.

There is nobody that has made a PF scale of the DK Joker, correct?

I canceled this a little while ago as well. It's a great piece. But, I have limited my collection to just Dark Knight and Lord of the Rings.

I have recently cut my collection back to LOTR and select Horror licenses (Buffy, Universal Monsters, The Dead, for example), but there is no way I would ever pass up the Captain Jack Sparrow PF. No way, no how.

Jack Sparrow PF's so perfect. I think he's the best PF from SS in this year.

i know its because there is going to be a ton coming out at comic con, but up until now it has felt like a light year for sideshow

I think it looks great in person. I can't wait for the release. It was kind of hard to get goods pics, but here they are.

P1070269.jpg

P1070275.jpg

Other than the likeness (which I feel they missed the mark), it looks like a nice piece.

Its funny but to me he looks more like Johnny in the close up than the full shot. I still can't wait to get him.

I think what is causing that is the fact that the full shot used a flash, and the close-up didn't. In-camera flashes always make things look flat, and obscure texture and detail.

Trust the close-up in this case. For my money the likeness is there.

Back