Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

The close up is better, still not spot on. But it is plenty good enough. And the rest of it is outstanding. :clap

I think what is causing that is the fact that the full shot used a flash, and the close-up didn't. In-camera flashes always make things look flat, and obscure texture and detail.

Trust the close-up in this case. For my money the likeness is there.

Both shots are pretty weak for showing off a sculpt, even the room lighting shot, his face is all just about 1 toned as far as light and shadow, there's no definition at all to the shape of the face, it's almost like if you saw Johnny drawn as Jack for a Disney cartoon.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/jdMaLof_oK0&hl=en_GB&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/jdMaLof_oK0&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nice video of Capt Jack here. :rock

Some photos from Cool Toy Review.

IMG_3584.JPG

IMG_3585.JPG

IMG_3587.JPG

IMG_3588.JPG

IMG_3589.JPG

This is one of the pieces I saw getting the most love at the con. There was always a group of people around the Jack PF :rock

No surprise there. Great character and a great figure. If the sculpt were slightly better it'd be perfect.

This is one of the pieces I saw getting the most love at the con. There was always a group of people around the Jack PF :rock

When they set up the rest of the booth they forgot one important thing, he's Captain Jack Sparrow, saavy.

I'm not digging the chin either. The braids of his beard start too far down and make his chin look funny. Like beefcake superhero chin.

The more I look at the pictures, the more something seems off to me.

I'm gonna skip this one.

Back