Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

With amazing pictures, Jack Sparrow is better :clap

jacksparroxpf.jpg

jacksparroxpf2.jpg

Pics by CharlesSong.

Love it in those pictures and i for one can't wait to get this. :rock

Love it in those pictures and i for one can't wait to get this. :rock

:exactly: :goodpost:

This piece is really impressive and oozes hints of the ride and movie. The fabrics and paint looked really awesome in person, plus the overall presentation is really great. This is easily one of my most anticipated pieces.

You'll have to pry him from my cold dead order list. :wink1: :hi5: :wave

:exactly: :goodpost:

This piece is really impressive and oozes hints of the ride and movie. The fabrics and paint looked really awesome in person, plus the overall presentation is really great. This is easily one of my most anticipated pieces.

I think that is what I like most about it. It really picks up the essence of not just the character but the property as a whole.

doesn't look like Deep to me. The eye's are off.

I don't see how people doesn't see Johnny Depp in this, everyone that I've showed pictures of the portrait to has said it's a dead ringer. Granted they're probably not compulsive obsessive fans, I'd say Sideshow hit a homerun on this one for likeness, presentation and capturing the attitude of the character.

I got him with my points! :yess:

Barbossa with monkey next please!!!

Maybe some at comic con did not like it and canceled?
Looks great to me.

A number of factors, I'm sure some related to comic con. I'm sure some people ordered it and wanted it when they did but the new things unveiled at comic con meant more to them and they'd rather put the money towards that stuff.

The down side for manufacturer's putting up preorders and having a long delay between reveal and shipping is other things will come out and lure people to those and people can't buy everything, so they cancel things. You can put cancellation penalties in place but that could mean getting even less orders. It's a tricky situation how you handle it to best support business. I've been buying from Sideshow since 2006 and it's always been like this so it must work out to their satisfaction.

I don't think they mind the cancellations, for most items there are always plenty of people on the waitlist. And even when that isn't the case very few items stay around on second chance for long.

I'm sure some people ordered it and wanted it when they did but the new things unveiled at comic con meant more to them and they'd rather put the money towards that stuff.

I suppose, but it's Captain Jack! For me, best movie character in some time. And one helluva statue to boot.

Didn't expect to get him so soon.

Last edited:
Back