Sideshow Scum and Villainy Limited Edition 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're in the UK, The Good The Bad & The Robots announced a little while ago that he's now an official Sideshow UK retailer.

He's got the regular Greedo (£279 + £15 delivery) and Ponda (£269 + £15 delivery) listed already.

However, I did the math, calculating Sideshow's price plus estimated shipping of $30 (it's generally been a little less), plus 20% VAT on item + shipping + $15 courier fee.

The figure I ended up with was almost identical to Lee's price once converted to dollars.

At that rate you're still better off ordering direct from Sideshow, getting the exclusives (likely delivered a lot sooner).

Better still, I'm hoping Kit with list the regulars since it'll work out cheaper for those where the Ex isn't very substantial.

I'm in for all of them. This is Star Wars for me, various aliens from cantina. Iconic beyond anything new. I'm looking forward to adding official Devorian one to my collection, too bad there is no Gran. Maybe someday :)

IMG_1878.JPEG
493319-IMG-1545.jpeg

Hammerhead is a great figure. I wonder if the Gamorrean Guards will get a 2.0 from SSC or a release from HT.
You'd think it would have popped up in that silhouetted Jabba goons preview line-up if so. Maybe problems with re-manufacturing the old unique Gammy body and they weren't willing to pay for a new jumbo body or even a major update.

With the 40th anniversary of ROTJ now over you'd think the chances of a HT gammy are pretty low, and they really haven't shown much interest (at all) in such second or third tier OT creatures generally. It blows me away HT didn't do Greedo (possibly the best selling OT creature beyond Chewie and Yoda) over the past decade+.

Yes, the original Hammerhead is one of Sideshow's best. It blends in nicely with the more modern figures, so not sure why they didn't do an easy re-issue on that one...
He's still a background character as opposed to Greedo, Ponda and Evasan. While Devil Guy and Snout Spy aren't my personal favorites I do appreciate to see them releasing previously unmade characters. Now bring on Spiderbear, Wolfman, Brain Guy and Horn Guy...

The nostalgia from the OT is too strong for me to pass on this line, particularly New Hope.

There are some characters I may pass on but not the first film’s figures.

He's still a background character as opposed to Greedo, Ponda and Evasan. While Devil Guy and Snout Spy aren't my personal favorites I do appreciate to see them releasing previously unmade characters. Now bring on Spiderbear, Wolfman, Brain Guy and Horn Guy...
Probably one of the coolest background characters in SW ever though.

I'd say SSC Hammerhead is one of my top ten all-time SW figs. It has a few inaccuracies, the paint could have a notch more subtlety and the outfit could use slightly more poseable fabrics, but it has so much shelf presence and holds it own alongside anything HT. If they updated it, I'd just switch the old one over to my SWHS display.

My guess is that it likely has the same re-manufacture issues as the old Gammy (which has a unique body and exposed arms/legs like Hammy) - there are legs and arms to re-engineer to fit any updated body so it was likely too expensive to do. As a bestseller, you'd think Hammy would be a really obvious one to do over Labria and Garindan, just like Gammy over Barada or Klaatu Skiff.

53950842359_0593f44b29_c.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say SSC Hammerhead is one of my top ten all-time SW figs. It has a few inaccuracies, the paint could have a notch more subtlety and the outfit could use slightly more poseable fabrics, but it has so much shelf presence and holds it own alongside anything HT. If they updated it, I'd just switch the old one over to my SWHS display.

My guess is that it likely has the same re-manufacture issues as the old Gammy (which has a unique body and exposed arms/legs like Hammy) - there are legs and arms to re-engineer to fit any updated body so it was likely too expensive to do. As a bestseller, you'd think Hammy would be a really obvious one to do over Labria and Garindan, just like Gammy over Barada or Klaatu Skiff.

53950842359_0593f44b29_c.jpg
Did you repaint your Greedo?..

Back