Sideshow selling QMx Serenity!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really the worse time isn't it Stampe. It's just so close, one is all excited and yet you just can't get you hands on it for another day.
And what's worse, she's with 'customs', that's going to scare me more then anything when the time comes, "Keep your filthy hands off my Serenity...."

Here's hoping for good news real soon and that you have a quality camera :lol

It's really the worse time isn't it Stampe. It's just so close, one is all excited and yet you just can't get you hands on it for another day.
And what's worse, she's with 'customs', that's going to scare me more then anything when the time comes, "Keep your filthy hands off my Serenity...."

Here's hoping for good news real soon and that you have a quality camera :lol

Excatly :cool: I kept updating the status every 15 minute and my door bell did ring once with a delivery but that was "just" the Faith Tooned Up Television Polystone Statue exclusive. I couldn't even get excited about that.

As for the camera - I only got a cheap crappy one and I'm not any good at using it.

Some quick pictures.

Notice the last. There's clearly something broken off - marked with red in the last pictures:(:(:(

Other first impressions: it really really looks good but considering the size it's not very heavy, mainly made of - well I don't know the english work for it but I call it hard plactic.

Some quick pictures.

Notice the last. There's clearly something broken off - marked with red in the last pictures:(:(:(

Other first impressions: it really really looks good but considering the size it's not very heavy, mainly made of - well I don't know the english work for it but I call it hard plactic.

In a way, polystone is a type of hard plastic, since it's a resin, but as it's not actually solid all the way through, that would make it somewhat lighter.

Overall the paint work and detail look fantastic, tho yes, I see that 3 of the little spikes aren't there, somewhat disappointing. Are they in the packaging or just missing completely and is there a clear break off point, or are they something which is glued on underneath. If it is, then it may not be a case of broken, but just not attached in the first place.

Even so, I'm sure QMx will sort it all out.

Overall the paint work and detail look fantastic, tho yes, I see that 3 of the little spikes aren't there, somewhat disappointing. Are they in the packaging or just missing completely and is there a clear break off point, or are they something which is glued on underneath. If it is, then it may not be a case of broken, but just not attached in the first place.

Even so, I'm sure QMx will sort it all out.

I can't fint the broken off pieces in the box but they are very tiny. And yes - there's a clear break off point: the end of what's left of the spikes are white and it's not a sharp but flat end.

Any advice as to what I should do (besides write them :lol )? A replacement is probably out of the question

Well it would appear that QMx ignored my emails to them requesting the the shuttle in take off mode be Inara's. They went with the shuttle 2 taking off. Grrrr....

On a positive side, everything seems to be together (aside from the antennae.) I'm still angered at the lack of care on their side for customer requests (they even replied that they would make sure it was Inara's.) The question becomes, do I send it back for this reason?

I will post some quick pics when I get them sized up correctly. I had to do this fast, as I have to get back to work.

...and I'm sorry that you had something arrive broken, Stampe. I have four of the antennae broken also - pretty similar to yours.

Here are some thumb nails connecting to shots....

Overall the painters did a fantastic job. If my only issue was the antennae, I think that I would just ask QMx to send some replacement ones that I could glue in place myself. I'm really wavering on the shuttle business though. Maybe I am overthinking it, but the fact that I made sure I specified the side and number, and they ignored it, annoys me.

Broken antennae

Saffron's Shuttle Escaping? Meh... Shuttle 2? Really QMx? What happened to concierge service?

More overall shots...

Nice detailing on inner bay with shuttle removed...

But clunky silver hex screws attach the reactor panels....

Last edited:
It doesn't seem to be holding up that well with these new pictures, the paint looks kinda low-quality, and there's a few mistakes where fine details are messed up with the casting. Plus where's the smaller pipes on the reactor?

And really, a screw to hold in the reactor flaps? I thought this was supposed to be the quality of miniature that they use for filming, there's no way they could pass that off in a movie.

And stuff arriving broken is just sad.

In any case, I thought shuttle number 2 was on the right and Inara's shuttle was on the left?

It doesn't seem to be holding up that well with these new pictures, the paint looks kinda low-quality, and there's a few mistakes where fine details are messed up with the casting. Plus where's the smaller pipes on the reactor?

And really, a screw to hold in the reactor flaps? I thought this was supposed to be the quality of miniature that they use for filming, there's no way they could pass that off in a movie.

And stuff arriving broken is just sad.

In any case, I thought shuttle number 2 was on the right and Inara's shuttle was on the left?

Inara's shuttle is number 1 and is on the starboard side. They have the right shuttles in the right places, they just goofed on which is supposed to be launching.

The paintjob is actually pretty good, considering it is a model of this size. The details are done very well. I'm dumbfounded that they went with shiny screws for the flaps, but heck, even those could potentially be removed, and the flaps glued in place (like a real model - and like the gallery pictures on their website.)

I'm still in a weird place about the whole experience. I'm not sure what I will choose. I'm curious how the others who bought this feel.

Well that's all rather disappointing and not really acceptable.

I've got some photo's of the assembled but unpainted kit and those antenna spikes and their are not included of the main cockpit part. So they are glued on separate, which I guess means in this case, those have broken off at some point, rather then completely coming off.

Stampe, at this point I'll email (assume you already have) and see what they say. I take it you don't have those screws holding the reactor flaps and that everything else is fine.

The lighting system works for both of you, right?

uc7, I'd be asking some serious questions and frankly I'd expect them to pay to have it shipped back and fixed. They confirmed the configuration that you requested, but then didn't do it. Those screws with the reactor flaps just look silly and nothing else till now had them. Which also means there is a hold now there.
The antenna shouldn't be broken and I take it they also aren't in the packaging, so it happened before hand.
Plus, I thought the builders plaque with Nath's signature was meant to be on the base, put I can't see it on yours. Is it just some little separate thing.

I'm starting to get the feeling that QMx got rather behind the building schedule that they had in mind, things have all backed up and now mistakes are being made.

We are very sorry to hear about the issues with your Serenity Artisan replicas but please rest assured that QMx stands behind it’s products 100%.

We take great care to ensure your Artisan replica arrives to you in the condition in which it was packed. Unfortunately, we have little way of telling how roughly the cartons were handled by the shipping partner we use for the delivery of your replicas. We can tell you that they were not packed for delivery to you damaged or broken on our end.

Your 100% satisfaction is guaranteed with our QMx Concierge Service. Please contact me by PM directly with your order number, name and phone number and our QMx Concierge Representative will contact you as quickly as possible to take care of your replicas issues. It is our goal to make sure you are completely pleased with the purchase of your Serenity - The Big Damn Replica.

We take great care to ensure your Artisan replica arrives to you in the condition in which it was packed. Unfortunately, we have little way of telling how roughly the cartons were handled by the shipping partner we use for the delivery of your replicas. We can tell you that they were not packed for delivery to you damaged or broken on our end.

Tho of course Andy, in the case of uc7, it's not just some broken bits (which I guess is possible they were broken in the shipping and being very small bits, are sitting on the bottom of the crate, or got flicked out when opened), his has a few other issues. Which while I'm sure will all be sorted out, is somewhat unfortunate for all involved.

Since mines not shipped yet (or building started), I've already emailed Jessica about these issues. One thing I did bring up, which I'll mention here, is wanted a couple of hi-res photo's of Serenity before being shipped. That way one could make sure everything was covered and is OK, plus it would provide a before and after images (since we would all take unpacking photo's) to help with any insurance claims, etc. Thus proving any damage was done in transit.

On a side note, I always thought those little antenna spikes and maybe the reactor flaps (if open) would be the most likely damaged parts in shipping. Such extreme, high points of Serenity that just screams "damage points for breakage".

Welcome to the Freaks board btw, wish it had been under better circumstances.

We are very sorry to hear about the issues with your Serenity Artisan replicas but please rest assured that QMx stands behind it’s products 100%.

I'm sorry if any of my posts seemed like any kind of bash against your company. The reason I was posting my information here was to get opinions by others with respect to my next step. Overall, your Firefly model is representative of what was pictured on your site. I do like the paint applications a lot. The screw-on flaps I could do without, but maybe it's a learning experience with a newer product line. They were a bit of a surprise considering they were not in the gallery photos on your site.

As for tiny bits of breakage, I don't expect your company to have much control over that. In fact, I would be fine with gluing replacement antennae on the ship myself.

My biggest sadness emanated from a lack of communication on the ship request. I will PM you with my details, as requested.

I think we can work together to make this work in a cost saving manner that satisfies everyone. Perhaps you could send out some new pre-painted reactor flaps that don't have screw holes, and some replacement antennae so that I could glue everything in place.

I did more research on the shuttle thing, and while Inara's shuttle was on the starboard side for the TV series, your company was correct that they identified her shuttle as number 2 for the movie (in a deleted scene.) In other words, I should stop obsessing about stuff like this as the director didn't.

I look forward to your upcoming "mule" model. Hopefully you can give is some sneak peaks as the process continues.

Last edited:
Before this turns into a QMx bashing I would like to say that all my modifications was as req. And I didn't make up my mind untill the very last minute.

And the model was pakced very well in the box/crate. I can't tell if the spikes/antennas was broken off before packed or during the shipping but they're very fragile. I will be satisfied with some replacements I can glue on myself, so expect a pm/mail soon.

As for the ship herself .......... I've been looking a lot and closely at her during the weekend and she is a very beautiful piece of art. Lot's of details but most important: she looks and feels "right" A used and almost worn-out ship that has been through a lot. And that's excatly how it should be. I can almost see Kaylee hard at work in the engine room.

If my first post sounded a bit disapointed it was only because I focused too much on the broken off antennas.

Someone asked about the signature plate: it comes with glue on the back and you can then place whereever you want.

I think we can work together to make this work in a cost saving manner that satisfies everyone. Perhaps you could send out some new pre-painted reactor flaps that don't have screw holes, and some replacement antennae so that I could glue everything in place.

I wonder if the reactor flaps are a two step process and the last step was missed. They are glued in place with the screws to hold them while the glue dries. Then the screw's are removed, hole filled and painted over. Just a thought I had which would explain the screws in the first place.

I did more research on the shuttle thing, and while Inara's shuttle was on the starboard side for the TV series, your company was correct that they identified her shuttle as number 2 for the movie (in a deleted scene.) In other words, I should stop obsessing about stuff like this as the director didn't.

Well that's hardly surprising, things get changed and switch around all the time. This is why I was never really fussed about which one was called Inara's shuttle. I do want one in-flight and one docked but which side each is on, I'm not that worried about.

Back