Sideshow selling QMx Serenity!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eh, i just sent a quick e-mail update on the status. hope to hear something this week. the next step is to find the appropriate display case for this thing!

Well, no matter what, you guys will get her before me. Going to be interesting to see all the pics and what configuration everyone went with.

At least it is starting to get close for all, which is really the harder wait part.

"This message was sent to you at the request of the fX model company to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package(s) may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment. To verify the actual transit status of your shipment, click on the tracking link below or contact the fX model company directly. " :banana

That's sweet news Stampe. Seems to confirm that the first batch of 20 are starting to be finished and shipped off.

Plus with yours being in the #40's, mines getting near near to being built. If only the pre-order time didn't stuck so much and I was fully awake at the time, I would have got in sooner, haha.

I also received the shipping notification from UPS. QMx sent an email also, listing the item as shipping in "Edition # 4X Standard configuration. Signature Plaque." I'm hoping that this means that they followed my request for Inara's shuttle to be on the correct side of the ship. It would be a pretty big downer to get the final product and see that they didn't pay attention to my emails. I will remain hopeful.

see message below for my status update. even though my number is 01x, I am assuming my ship was from the first batch of ships made that was rejected. that must be why mine has yet to ship while the second(?) batch in the edition size in the 040s is.

i also hope my configuration was noted for Inara to be on the correct side. i am also curious why i paid with a cc but i am not being chanrged until now. did some of you get charged right away with the order?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Kirk:

Based on your edition number your order will be in the next build batch. I will be contacting you over the next few to get your cc info so we can process your order

regards

Jessica

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 10:17 AM, kirk fredrichs <[email protected]> wrote:
hi jessica-

i just wanted to do a quick check on my order status for serenity. the order information is below. please let me know when you get the opportunity.

thanks, kirk

--- On Fri, 10/30/09, Concierge_Jessica <[email protected]> wrote:

> From: Concierge_Jessica <[email protected]>
> Subject: Serenity Edition Number
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Friday, October 30, 2009, 11:06 AM
> Hi Kirk.
>
> Congratulations on the purchase of Serenity – The
> Big Damn Replica! This e-mail is just to confirm that we
> have received your preorder and to let you know that, based
> on when your order was confirmed in the system, your number
> in the edition is 01x.

Last edited:
i also hope my configuration was noted for Inara to be on the correct side. i am also curious why i paid with a cc but i am not being chanrged until now. did some of you get charged right away with the order?

At the day of pre-order, you had 3 payment options, one was the layaway, so none of us did that. The other two were CC payment, however, you could choose to pay via CC right then (and it got charged then) or choose to have the CC charged when Serenity was ready to be built (that was the listed recommened option at the time).

It sounds like you picked the charge when ready option, I however, and it sounds like a couple others here did as well, selected to be charged right away, that moved us up the build queue order. I guess I may even be ahead of you boochy, even tho your edition number is way lower then mine.

As for Inara shuttle (the one in flight), I do remember looking over some of the epsidoes (can't remember if it was the series or movie), but based on the checking I did, I came to the conclusion that the shuttle in flight on the standard build, was Inara's and hence left that like it was. Is it possible that she has changed sides during the series and or movie.

At the day of pre-order, you had 3 payment options, one was the layaway, so none of us did that. The other two were CC payment, however, you could choose to pay via CC right then (and it got charged then) or choose to have the CC charged when Serenity was ready to be built (that was the listed recommened option at the time).

It sounds like you picked the charge when ready option, I however, and it sounds like a couple others here did as well, selected to be charged right away, that moved us up the build queue order. I guess I may even be ahead of you boochy, even tho your edition number is way lower then mine.

As for Inara shuttle (the one in flight), I do remember looking over some of the epsidoes (can't remember if it was the series or movie), but based on the checking I did, I came to the conclusion that the shuttle in flight on the standard build, was Inara's and hence left that like it was. Is it possible that she has changed sides during the series and or movie.

guru - you are probably right. oh well, we all pay in the end, right?
i think i confirmed the inara side via the serenity blueprints. i do have them handy right now, but i believe it was shuttle No. 1 that was inara's. that is the information i used (although i have not checked in a while and may go confirm again).

maybe i also need to pull out the dvds again... :rolleyes:

guru - you are probably right. oh well, we all pay in the end, right?

true, tho I did get a great exchange rate at the time :D

i think i confirmed the inara side via the serenity blueprints. i do have them handy right now, but i believe it was shuttle No. 1 that was inara's. that is the information i used (although i have not checked in a while and may go confirm again).

maybe i also need to pull out the dvds again... :rolleyes:

I've got those blueprints as well, will have a look also when I get home and see if I can nail down an ep and time stamp where it's referenced.

I went back through my emails and I found that QMx had already answered my question back in October. It had been so long that I had forgotten.:duh

"...we've decided to move Inara's shuttle back over to the starboard side in the standard configuration. Hopefully, we'll be able to update the website photography to reflect that soon."

This was the way that I viewed Inara's shuttle when checking multiple episodes. It was shuttle number 1 and it was on the starboard side. As long as they kept the builds with this spec, everything should be fine.

Then again... the newer pics don't necessarily reflect this change... and now I am cautiously concerned again. Oh well. I guess I will find out in 48 hours.

Last edited:
hmm, OK. Well, checking the blueprints and yes, shuttle no 1 is on the starboard side. I'm going to have to go back and check some eps to review which one Inara goes towards, regardless of which number shuttle it is.

Mind you, I'm not too fussed either way, I have both my shuttles out in full view, just one of them is to be in flight. SO maybe thats Inara's, or maybe it isn't.

On looking at Ep 9 (Out of Gas), around 25:25 mins in, you first get confirmed that shuttle 1 is Inara's.

Then, about 30seconds later, you have Mal and Inara walking down what I think is the Port side of the ship in the hanger bay as they head towards Inara's shuttle, ie number 1.
So based on that, unless things changed, they have it the wrong way around in the blueprints.

On looking at Ep 9 (Out of Gas), around 25:25 mins in, you first get confirmed that shuttle 1 is Inara's.

Then, about 30seconds later, you have Mal and Inara walking down what I think is the Port side of the ship in the hanger bay as they head towards Inara's shuttle, ie number 1.
So based on that, unless things changed, they have it the wrong way around in the blueprints.

I recall watching that episode and confusing myself with the "walking down what I (thought) was the port side of the ship," but then I looked to where the hanger door was. It turns out that they were walking on the starboard side of the ship whenever they were walking to Inara's shuttle. There are to sides to the hangar bay. The confusion comes in the fact that the actual hangar door (the big one) is in the front of the ship (think Barn Swallow from Serenity.) The opposite side of the hangar bay just has a regular door.

Another episode that demonstrates the shuttle side is "Our Mrs. Reynolds." The scene where Saffron is trying to escape in shuttle 2, while Inara's is on the opposite side of the ship (starboard.)

.......and yes this is getting way geeky, but heck, for over 2 grand of cost, I think we can get a little geeky. :p

I recall watching that episode and confusing myself with the "walking down what I (thought) was the port side of the ship," but then I looked to where the hanger door was. It turns out that they were walking on the starboard side of the ship whenever they were walking to Inara's shuttle. There are to sides to the hangar bay. The confusion comes in the fact that the actual hangar door (the big one) is in the front of the ship (think Barn Swallow from Serenity.) The opposite side of the hangar bay just has a regular door.

Another episode that demonstrates the shuttle side is "Our Mrs. Reynolds." The scene where Saffron is trying to escape in shuttle 2, while Inara's is on the opposite side of the ship (starboard.)

.......and yes this is getting way geeky, but heck, for over 2 grand of cost, I think we can get a little geeky. :p

how could they have this mixed up? she is a real ship, right? i mean, how could it change from episode to episode... :rolleyes:

hmm, OK, I'll have to have another look and check it out, along with the "Our Mrs. Reynolds." ep and the blue prints.

EDIT: yup, OK, I see what you mean. The blueprints are correct, Inara's shuttle (#1) is on the starboard side.

Last edited:
Nope :( The tracking number said it was "out for delivery" yesterday so I stayed home from work but later the status changed to something that translate to: UPS or customsservice requires inspection asap and some more stuff.
And this despite that an earlier update said that the delivery had cleared customs. The delivery day now says 19th (today). I'm gonna stay home as long as I can to see if the stastus changes to "out for delivery" and hopefully I can get off work for the day so I'm here to receive it. Fingers crossed

Back