1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
346189d.jpg
[/QUOTE]

i remember when first time HT shown the proto of bespin luke. ppl complained how his hair look like beiber hair.. man how the production turned out better than the proto.. meanwhile in other company..... proto > actual.

anyway if tie fighter price is going to be 150$ i will buy 2,,,

man how the production turned out better than the proto..

Man, how nothing changed between proto and final on Bespin Luke and sometimes folks are just done in by problems with specific photos. This is actually a compliment to Hot Toys that they have their production process down to be able to reproduce, at scale (in quantity) essentially the same sculpt and paint application.

A lot of people have an art background BTW, including this guy (and engineering too). :wave Let's forget the whole percentage thing - I think it's preposterous. I'm also not one to forgive poor quality because of price. When something is bad, it's just bad, there's no excuse.

We agree that everyone has to step up their game and it would be ideal and an enormous win for the consumer if everything displayed well together. I'm hopeful, but that's about as far as it goes. Both companies have shown that there can be issues displaying even their own products together, let alone those of another producer. What you've mentioned as a possible gentleman's agreement is surely spelled out in a contract and I'm sure it's binding. These guys aren't operating multi-million dollar distribution and licensing deals based on handshakes.

I accept that you prefer the HT Bespin Luke to SS's Hoth Luke, but I don't think there's any question about which one looks more like Mark Hamill from ESB, nor which one looks more photo-realistic. Maybe Sideshow's contracted factory won't pull it off in the end, who knows? But hand it to Trevor Grove for having produced hands down the best Hamill likeness ever seen in 1/6 scale.

So then we're really not that far apart in our thinking after all. :hi5: Sometimes folks take this stuff far too seriously, when we're all just expressing opinions, comparing notes and trying to find out the latest info. Anyway, I'm hoping Hoth Luke turns out great. Given that we're now going to be routinely paying $200+/figure these companies need to earn our money.

$200 and minus a future $20 code.

those 20 codes are basically free shipping. all of the 1/6th scale figures are now roughly $21 shipping. i don't understand that being that they have a deal in place with UPS. I can send the exact same box back to SS for less than what they charge to ship it to me. insurance, signature..yeah all that. SS is now rolling profit into their bank accounts by padding shipping charges. those $20 codes are becoming a bit of a charade.

those 20 codes are basically free shipping. all of the 1/6th scale figures are now roughly $21 shipping.

Within the US there are still a number at $10 and $15, plus many with free shipping.

Typically SS's shipping prices are lower than counter rates and it wouldn't be possible to match them without a volume agreement in place with one of the couriers. YMMV of course, but I can't match their prices sending anything back to them the same way they sent it to me.

If you want conspiracy theory material though… Deluxe Vader ($250 item, large box heavy) $10 shipping. R2-D2 ($150 item much smaller box and less weight )$15 shipping. Crazy right?

They were complaining about the BD sculpt hair. That was the Beiber hair.

$T2eC16d,!ygE9s7HKL!RBQg+s1pekQ~~60_35.JPG

LOL my bad..nevertheless i still think that HT have better production control in term of improving their proto to actual figure than SSC.

LOL my bad..nevertheless i still think that HT have better production control in term of improving their proto to actual figure than SSC.

They have excellent production to be sure, but I don't believe they have improved in production versus prototype on any figure I can recall.

David Prowse is around 6'6" - 6'7". Costume would put him around the 6'10" mark.

I don't think he was ever that tall. I stood next to him a couple of months ago and he was barely taller than me. I'm 5"11, he can't have been more than 6"1. He's not in good health and has shrunk but not by that much. I think the costume made him a lot bigger than he really was.

I don't think he was ever that tall. I stood next to him a couple of months ago and he was barely taller than me. I'm 5"11, he can't have been more than 6"1. He's not in good health and has shrunk but not by that much. I think the costume made him a lot bigger than he really was.
Much taller than 6-1
star-wars-casual-cast.jpg

Back