1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much taller than 6-1
star-wars-casual-cast.jpg

Sorry i meant he can't have been more than 6"1 when i last saw him. I think he was about 6"4 when he did Star Wars, not the 6"6-6"7 often quoted.

Sure because sites like imdb is known for false info

Plenty. IMDB is not more credible than this forum, because it's precisely the same kind of people providing the info. It's an open database. There were plenty of actors in the movies that were at least as tall as Prowse. Peter Mayhew was much taller than 6'1" - Prowse was marginally taller. 6'4" max is believable. 6'6" not bloody likely.

Anyway, we were all having some fun with the height jokes, who cares how tall the actor is? Completely irrelevant to the character height if that's what people are trying to get at again. Notice Carrie Fisher's height? She (the actress) is much shorter than Princess Leia (the character). This is all kind of like trying to guess R2 or Yoda's heights based on Kenny Baker and Frank Oz's heights.

Last edited:
Plenty. IMDB is not more credible than this forum, because it's precisely the same kind of people providing the info. It's an open database. There were plenty of actors in the movies that were at least as tall as Prowse.

Anyway, we were all having some fun with the height jokes, who cares how tall the actor is? Completely irrelevant to the character height if that's what people are trying to get at again. Notice Carrie Fisher's height? She (the actress) is much shorter than Princess Leia (the character).
wait how does the the actors height not matter in relation to the characters height? Especially to a scale obsessed person like you.

And the official answer 6-7 straight from his mouth in his own site.

Plenty. IMDB is not more credible than this forum, because it's precisely the same kind of people providing the info. It's an open database. There were plenty of actors in the movies that were at least as tall as Prowse. Peter Mayhew was much taller than 6'1" - Prowse was marginally taller. 6'4" max is believable. 6'6" not bloody likely.

Anyway, we were all having some fun with the height jokes, who cares how tall the actor is? Completely irrelevant to the character height if that's what people are trying to get at again. Notice Carrie Fisher's height? She (the actress) is much shorter than Princess Leia (the character). This is all kind of like trying to guess R2 or Yoda's heights based on Kenny Baker and Frank Oz's heights.

That doesn't make much sense man. Sorry.

wait how does the the actors height not matter in relation to the characters height? Especially to a scale obsessed person like you.

Have you seen the movie Star Wars? Have you seen any scenes where Leia stands next to Vader? Now look at the photo above. More examples… Have you ever seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies? The Hobbit? Any movie starring Tom Cruise? A movie is make-believe. A character can be any height the filmmakers want them to be, it doesn't matter how tall the actor is. Back to Star Wars: Yoda, R2.

So I'll ask again, why does it matter how tall Prowse was? I can't even remember why it came up (in this thread) other than as a joke - which you've ruined BTW. :thwak

I agree with Pixelpiper. It might not make sense to some, but it matters. Movies are an illusion. Actors are part of that illusion. People like Robert Downey Jr. are short but they do their best to mitigate that onscreen. Actors wear lifts, flats, stand on boxes, are filmed at angles, positioned at odd distances, etc. It's more important that they appear larger than life on screen. That's why a lot of times people say "wow, s/he's shorter than I thought!" when they see a celebrity in real life.

So it does not really matter what it says on IMDB or how it looks on screen. This is all fiction, make believe, an illusion. Magic of cinema, if you will.

Really, for things like this, if it looks and feels right, that's more than good enough. If you want collectibles as near to the movies as possible, you're better off collecting replicas based on screen used props.

So you were held back a lot? Or are you saying she was a Doogie Howser type? I don't get it.

Clearly I'm saying that she is 10 years older than is being claimed on IMDB. Now, whether it's a genuine typo (I doubt it) or whether they have been supplied the false info doesn't matter. IMDB stats cannot be taken as always being 100% accurate.

So it does not really matter what it says on IMDB or how it looks on screen.

One correction. I'm saying it doesn't matter about real life, but it ONLY matters how it looked on screen. ;) Richard Armitage, who played Thorin Okensheild in the Hobbit movies is 6'2" - would anyone argue that the character should be 6'2" tall?

In the SW movies, the film makers went to some effort to make Vader not appear too tall. This is the opposite of what you'll see many fans claim when they say Vader towered over everyone. This is not the case at all. However tall Prowse was, on screen the film makers made sure that various other characters were not dwarfed standing next to Vader. They used boxes and creative angles, plus forced perspective throughout the OT as MyenSHi mentioned. Plus some other tall actors of course. ;)

Vader had a fear-inducing presence not necessarily because of his size but because of his other attributes. He was ruthless and of few words, shrouded in mystery even from the people working along side him. Robot? Man? Magic? Is he just going to be upset or is he also going to kill you when you tell him the news?

Last edited:
A lot of people don't know that IMDB is updated by contributers, the same as wikipedia. You have to be invited to become one for IMDB so it is more accurate but don't treat it as gospel.

Back