1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious to see how the Tie Fighter pilot will come out and what (if any) accessories it'll come with. I'm sort of interested depending on the price but it isn't exactly an essential character for me.

Yeah, I'm sort of interested but I find that unless TIE pilots are lit just right he just looks like a silhouette. The ATAT driver and stormies etc have that great contrast of colors but TIE is a bit too monochromatic.

It's nice SSC browned up the eyes to make it pop a bit though, but it's going to come down to the gloss versus matte/cloth on this guy - both the Marmit and Hasbro versions didn't quite have enough gloss to really set it off and looked a bit flat because of it.

Are the only variations in the helmets? How many are there?
Yes, as far as we can see on screen, the only variations are markings on the hero helmets.

Three main ones if I'm not mistaken (mohawk, cheek, and tears), my personal favorite being the widow's tears. Medicom did it on their Backstabber figure, though the markings were too silver for my liking.

Jolly Rogers Squadron - Helmet

Are the only variations in the helmets? How many are there?

Excepting the all black stunt/background version there are 3 known hero variants:

tie-variants.jpg

Yeah, I'm sort of interested but I find that unless TIE pilots are lit just right he just looks like a silhouette. The ATAT driver and stormies etc have that great contrast of colors but TIE is a bit too monochromatic.

If I want an all-black trooper I'd take this over the shadow trooper, that's for sure. Pretty iffy on both, but interested to see what this one goes for.

The same footage was used in both ANH and ROTJ. Both the old Medi and the Marmit are the unpainted "background" helmets just as the SSC. Only the close up helmets from inside the TIE-fighter had the extra highlights.

If I'm not totally mistaken and have it backwards the pilots in ROTJ had an extra hose on the breathing apparatus that the newer Medicom Backstabber has but not the SSC version.

$200 and minus a future $20 code.

That's my hope... at that price I'm in. If it's $220 I'm less inclined to buy day one.

Whoa, I love learning new things about SW (especially things like those helmets that were "out in the open" all along.) Thanks man! :rock

Same here... I knew about the backstabber from the Medicom figure, but didn't know about the other two. Great thing about SW is there are always new things to notice. Every time I watch the films I find some small detail I've missed before, or make a connection between scenes that is new to me.

Whoa, I love learning new things about SW (especially things like those helmets that were "out in the open" all along.) Thanks man! :rock

Ditto. I love this trooper and never noticed the detail. That's awesome. I looks like though we're getting an idealized one? I'm sure it's been mentioned before but I think it'd be cool to get the Kenner blaster to go with this one.

TieFighterPilot1.jpg

Not crazy about the finish on the prototype in comparison to the screen grabs that seem more matte finish or even compared to the gloss of the shadow trooper.

Back