1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bottom two are soo cool looking, the top one is meh, I would prefer an all black. Medi botched the widows tear look by painting the molded "tear" on the helmet gray as well. Let's hope that Sideshow can release a couple that has the correct paintjob.

Yeah, that really sucks that the Anovos helmets don't come in that bottom one's style. It's my favorite one.

Excepting the all black stunt/background version there are 3 known hero variants:

View attachment 158113

Here's another interesting anecdote about these...

At least 2 of the original TIE Pilot helmets no longer exist in their original form (not even in the Lucasfilm Archives). The reason? They were re-painted and used as the AT-AT Drivers in TESB.

I'm sure that was two of the all black helmets. The two AT-AT helmets are accounted for, one is privately owned and reviewed on Star Wars Helmets, and the other was stolen from someone called "Mr Star Wars" and supposedly (this sounds like total speculation though) repainted black.

Interesting.

Yeah, lots of screen-used props in the Archives were discovered to have been re-purposed, including some ANH Rebel Fleet Trooper helmets that were modded and painted black for Imperials during the Death Star II hangar shots in ROTJ.

Here's another interesting anecdote about these...

At least 2 of the original TIE Pilot helmets no longer exist in their original form (not even in the Lucasfilm Archives). The reason? They were re-painted and used as the AT-AT Drivers in TESB.

And there is only one AT-AT Driver helmet left, in the hands of a person I know about. The other one has been stolen years ago.

But there are original screen used TIE Pilot helmets repainted as well. An example photo:

TIE_Pilot_Screen_used_repainted_hero_1.jpg

Fascninating stuff... guess it makes sense. Hard to predict then how valuable items like this might one day become or that SW would be such a juggernaut. So rather than go through the trouble and cost of casting a new helmet, just repaint the one you already had :lol Just like some of the aliens in the Cantina being reused from other films.

The worst offense, to me, is when Lucas took the original Luke Landspeeder prop out to Tunisia for an "Easter Egg" background shot in TPM... and painted it lime green. :horror

Thankfully, an ILMer has since restored it back to its original state, but holy crap how stupid.

The worst offense, to me, is when Lucas took the original Luke Landspeeder prop out to Tunisia for an "Easter Egg" background shot in TPM... and painted it lime green. :horror

Thankfully, an ILMer has since restored it back to its original state, but holy crap how stupid.

Now that I did not know... and yeah, that is totally ****ed since by then you know what you have and it's place in history. He really has no respect for his films :huh

I heard that in the AOTC arena battle if you look closely you can see someone in the background burning the original 1977 negative of ANH. Apparently Lucas thought that would be a fun little treat for eagle-eyed viewers.

I know.... I could easily apply the white stripes onto the helmet but still I would have hoped for SSC offering alternate helmets. :D

Kenner blaster is pretty cool. $199, huh? Hmmm. that's right at the threshold for me. I'm gonna have to wait and think about it.

So hold on a second... Don't include a blaster or lightsaber with Pilot Luke, but include not one, but TWO blasters with this guy, one of which isn't even based on anything seen in the movies in the hands of any character. eesh.

I think I'm in for a set of loose gloves whenever they hit TA. ;) It's a pass on the figure though.

Back