1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking no on this guy.

You could always wait for the Hot Toys version.

tie-pilote.jpg

I'm basically in the "figure looks great, Kenner gun kicks ass, glad it isn't $240" camp BUT....man maybe I am just getting too old for this or something but 200 bucks for a TIE Fighter Pilot figure? I don't know. I'm leaning more and more toward having a small handful of main characters that I cherish rather than emptying my bank account to get every cool looking background figure.

$200 still goes a long way in this world depending on how you spend it. So does $180 with a coupon or whatever. I'm thinking no on this guy.

:exactly:

It's the one major issue with this whole "HT does the main/human characters, SSC does the cool background characters/droids/helmets" idea... how many people will buy a $200-240 Ree Yees, Hoth Rebel or Dengar? Or, if we're talking SSC releases next year, $220-260?

There used to be that old concept of "army building" with SSC's SW military figures... no longer, I guess.

Even 2-3 years ago, I don't think anyone would have believed we'd be paying $200 for a TIE pilot and $240 for a Luke X-Wing. Maybe if they came with a cockpit...

It's the one major issue with this whole "HT does the main/human characters, SSC does the cool background characters/droids/helmets" idea...

People who think that are mistaken. And I laugh at them every day. ;)

Umm... based on the HT stormtrooper, HT would hit a TIE pilot out of the park.

I'll be getting the two pack. They look "OK." So far not as good as some of the custom/mashups we've seen from collectors, but that could be due to futzing and photography. So far it's troopers and Chewbacca for me from HT, while SSC provides two more main characters, Han and Luke in Hoth gear.

If you want to make an observation about what's been announced so far and work some kind of pattern it's "Hot Toys does the re-releases and Chewbacca, Sideshow does whatever with incomprehensible schedules"

Last edited:
I'm basically in the "figure looks great, Kenner gun kicks ass, glad it isn't $240" camp BUT....man maybe I am just getting too old for this or something but 200 bucks for a TIE Fighter Pilot figure? I don't know. I'm leaning more and more toward having a small handful of main characters that I cherish rather than emptying my bank account to get every cool looking background figure.

$200 still goes a long way in this world depending on how you spend it. So does $180 with a coupon or whatever. I'm thinking no on this guy.

I agree 100%. Not sure he's worth it to me to put any type of money towards the character.

Bought. I have a $20 coupon that came with my Batman that was already expired. Chicky said she'd honor it and I found where it is going right now.

Would like this but I'm in the camp where I've been priced out of background characters.

I will keep the Scout Trooper to go with a Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper, and that's it for my OT Imperial Forces.

I will keep the Scout Trooper to go with a Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper, and that's it for my OT Imperial Forces.

No Sandtrooper? Backmassage trooper? Bloopertrooper? How about Darth Vader's dog walker? The Pooperscoopertrooper.

That's my favorite. I might have to get that one when offered. Or just pose mine with hand to head, looking down, after it happens. Now the Shametrooper.

Price is about right (for 2015) and EX Kenner gun is ****ing sweet! I love the boots and gloves, actually. Wish it was ANH body style, but no one seems to do that one

Looks fantastic the gloves are a bit weird, one of my favourite troops and will compliment my 1:1 very nicely, really would like to build a tie fighter cockpit interior to fit a detolf shelf for this guys but that's above my skill set lol....

Yeah, these prices are out of control. And there's really no excuse for it.

It isn't important enough character for the price to be in my collection. I can find Marmit for half the price.....It looks great so when a deal is available, I may bite.

I'm glad the figure turned out well for those who wanted it, but I'm way priced out. I think the figure is only for people who really LOVE tie fighter pilots. Everyone else keeping walking. :lol

Only thing I'm waiting for from Hot Toys is Jedi Luke. And maybe a Kylo Ren (sith from VII trailer) figure whenever the new movie drops.

how many people will buy a $200-240 Ree Yees, Hoth Rebel or Dengar?

I need a damn Dengar. The bounty hunters are iconic.

Ree-Yees?? Well, my collection is based around Jabba's Palace. . . but, naw.

I would pay SSC's ridiculous prices for a Dengar, just to fnish that set. Hopefully, with their 3PO body they'll get to 4-LOM soon.

Back