1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually looking forward to this more then HT chewie and Vader

Dunno about more than Chewy for me, but TIE pilot is definitely toward the top of my list overall. It's a truly awesome looking figure.

If people want an uber-accurate Kenner pistol for their 1/6 SSC pilot, they can get the GG Jumbo fig...

Imperial-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-Jumbo-Kenner-Gentle-Giant-011.jpg

The original lil' man has sharper details than the blown up version. :lol

The original lil' man has sharper details than the blown up version. :lol

The GG figures are also really matte. Like matte-matte. Their protos often seem the correct shininess, then the prod piece is not.

It was an awesome idea for a line but they continue to drop the ball on pricing, adding to/redoing the vintage sculpts, height discrepancies (Blue snaggs was a giant,) capes, matte finish... did I leave anything out?:lol I still love Boba though.

I think $200 is too much for this figure. Scout is $190 and comes with more and a diorama base. I'll wait for release, so much Star Wars in 2015/2016 and we haven't even begun with Ep VII figures!

i feel the same way....too bad, i think SSC will pull this as a good figure. but yea the price is turning me off.

Sad thing is that we won't even care then as we'll be anticipating TFA 2017 releases

If people want an uber-accurate Kenner pistol for their 1/6 SSC pilot, they can get the GG Jumbo fig...

Imperial-TIE-Fighter-Pilot-Jumbo-Kenner-Gentle-Giant-011.jpg

Maybe it's the angle, but it looks like the shoulders of the GG are too narrow... not one of their better efforts.

I just want the original 3 3/4" versions. I can just press my face right up against them to super-size.

:lol :lol Repped

And while it's a fun idea, it doesn't make sense to pay $90 for a big reproduction of a figure I can buy loose for $20. Now of course that's not for all of the vintage Kenner, but a pretty big chunk of them are pretty inexpensive.

Yep. maybe this Tie Pilot will push a few more collectors over to the buy side of the fence. Just getting the Tie now as it's been on my want list for some time.

on a side note, noticed they went for a quarter release date instead of a month release date this time.

Back