1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a damn Dengar. The bounty hunters are iconic.

Ree-Yees?? Well, my collection is based around Jabba's Palace. . . but, naw.

I would pay SSC's ridiculous prices for a Dengar, just to fnish that set. Hopefully, with their 3PO body they'll get to 4-LOM soon.

I've resigned myself to getting background characters in 1/12 scale.
Can't quite decide if the TIE pilot and AT-AT driver are important enough to warrant the 1/12 treatment. $20 v $200 is difficult, especially since the Black series TIE pilot is pretty fantastic.

Whatever happens, I think I'll cancel the HT Shadow trooper and maybe pick this up later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It isn't important enough character for the price to be in my collection. I can find Marmit for half the price.....It looks great so when a deal is available, I may bite.

This figure is superior to the Marmit. The chest box is noticeably too small on the Marmit TIE pilot (same with chest box on the Marmit ATAT driver,) the pipes are terrible (ATAT driver pipes are even worse,) the hands are badly posed and the jumpsuit is noticeably inferior to the SSC jumpsuit. The pipes on the SSC look incredibly accurate and even appear to realistically move with the head. The boots - not that big of a deal - are much better on the SSC.

The Marmits also have the hassle of trimming armor, hair dryers and gluing/assembly (even for the trigger grip gloved hands) though the TIE pilot is easier than the nightmare of the Marmit sandtrooper. SSC is lift it from the tray and onto display.

These new SSC flight jumpsuits (Luke X, TIE pilot) are incredible in the scaling of the fabric. The pockets seem to have no thickness, making them look more like a full size suit.

I need a damn Dengar. The bounty hunters are iconic.

Ree-Yees?? Well, my collection is based around Jabba's Palace. . . but, naw.

I would pay SSC's ridiculous prices for a Dengar, just to fnish that set. Hopefully, with their 3PO body they'll get to 4-LOM soon.

Dengar would be worth it. He has a ton of gear and armor and would likely have been in the $180 range even in the old pricing. That said, the hasbro version is pretty great even with some minor customizing, and I just bought mine an MG-42 (correct gun) so I can wait on Dengar until SSC is ready.

I just made myself a Ree Yees (didn't know about Enaud's custom head so made my own,) so I only bring that up hypothetically.:lol

It is odd SSC hasn't continued the hunters but I guess once you get to Dengar there's that risk of fewer takers (though he's pretty badass so would be a nice figure,) and my guess is the Medi or Hasbro 4-LOM and Hasbro Zuckuss will have to suffice. Don't think those will happen. Even though they have the protocol body it just seems risky to do 4-LOM, especially with the 1/7 Medi version hanging around for years.

I've resigned myself to getting background characters in 1/12 scale.
Can't quite decide if the TIE pilot and AT-AT driver are important enough to warrant the 1/12 treatment. $20 v $200 is difficult, especially since the Black series TIE pilot is pretty fantastic.

Whatever happens, I think I'll cancel the HT Shadow trooper and maybe pick this up later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm actively trying NOT to buy more Black Series figs. I got a little addicted to those over the past months and need to stop. 1/6 collector only.:lecture

Though the $20 I paid for the 1/12 white Fett (which is a stunning figure) sure beats the 1/6 SSC white Fett price and I got a second Biker/Bike (another stunner) for $21 which is about 1/20 of the SSC Biker/bike. Anyway... back to the $200 TIE pilot...:lol

Just saw the pics, I'd rather have two of these guys flanking Vader than two stormtroopers. Looks awesome.

This figure is superior to the Marmit. The chest box is noticeably too small on the Marmit TIE pilot (same with chest box on the Marmit ATAT driver,) the pipes are terrible (ATAT driver pipes are even worse,) the hands are badly posed and the jumpsuit is noticeably inferior to the SSC jumpsuit. The pipes on the SSC look incredibly accurate and even appear to realistically move with the head. The boots - not that big of a deal - are much better on the SSC.

The Marmits also have the hassle of trimming armor, hair dryers and gluing/assembly (even for the trigger grip gloved hands) though the TIE pilot is easier than the nightmare of the Marmit sandtrooper. SSC is lift it from the tray and onto display.

These new SSC flight jumpsuits (Luke X, TIE pilot) are incredible in the scaling of the fabric. The pockets seem to have no thickness, making them look more like a full size suit.
I have the Marmit TIE pilot and I can attest to that.

It's not a bad figure but the helmet is fiddly, the hands awkward, and the suit isn't great. I'm confident Sideshow's will be superior given the benefit of time and progress in 1:6 scale techniques.

Are there any cons that they still do? "Widow's Tears" (or is it "Back Stabber"?) seems to be a natural choice for a variant. The other two (Mohawk/cheek) are both forgettable, I think, but the teardrop design is pretty cool.

Anyway, great figure. Love the helmet and flight suit but sadly have to draw the line somewhere.

No, I don't believe so.

Though Star Wars Celebration Anaheim is coming up in April, and Gentle Giant, Hasbro, Marvel and other licensees will have exclusives there. Sideshow didn't even participate in the last 2, though (but those were in Orlando).

I've seen a lot of people happy with the Ex and was wondering why? I know it was on the old Kenner figure but it was made up by Kenner and never in the movies or EU (AFAIK) so it seems a bit pointless. Nostalgia?

I think $200 is too much for this figure. Scout is $190 and comes with more and a diorama base. I'll wait for release, so much Star Wars in 2015/2016 and we haven't even begun with Ep VII figures!

Though Star Wars Celebration Anaheim is coming up in April, and Gentle Giant, Hasbro, Marvel and other licensees will have exclusives there. Sideshow didn't even participate in the last 2, though (but those were in Orlando).

I bet they don't do this Celebration either. :monkey3

Nostalgia.

The reason we are all here.

Repped!

Looks fantastic the gloves are a bit weird, one of my favourite troops and will compliment my 1:1 very nicely, really would like to build a tie fighter cockpit interior to fit a detolf shelf for this guys but that's above my skill set lol....

Photos of the 1:1... please! :)

I love the fig but not crazy about the price. I'll wait for a coupon or might use points that I was saving for another scout/bike

Back