1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_inline_njh9tuqWkR1qjhons.png

:lol

I love this pic. I may use it if you don't mind.

Lol..yes, sorry about the incomplete post. I should really wait until the kids are in bed! Then I could actually finish a complete thought! Anyway, I don't post much here but keep up fairly well on the hobby. I've been a fan of SSC for many years and have a decent SW collection. But like alot of you, I'm disappointed about the price increases, quality and wacky shipping costs that are all over the place depending on how exclusive the figure is. I love the OT, but just couldn't justify Sideshow's price on such a bare bones release. There are probably many like myself who never cancel orders, so hopefully this sends a message. I like Hot Toys but don't want them to be the only game in town for SW 1/6th.

There we are. Figured there had to be more. :)

I have a ton of pre-orders right now and am very tempted to cancel all in order to just see first hand reactions. I'm sure tons of these figures will still be available next year if I end up truly wanting one. Just need to remind myself that the exclusives on a lot of these are inconsequential. That said this is still one of the cheapest I have on order and it does look great. :slap

Have you started picking up some of the HT figs?

There we are. Figured there had to be more. :)

I have a ton of pre-orders right now and am very tempted to cancel all in order to just see first hand reactions. I'm sure tons of these figures will still be available next year if I end up truly wanting one. Just need to remind myself that the exclusives on a lot of these are inconsequential. That said this is still one of the cheapest I have on order and it does look great. :slap

Have you started picking up some of the HT figs?

I agree on the exclusives, the scout trooper being one of the few exceptions. You are probably right about availability, but this one really isn't that much cheaper then the rest of the pack. It does look good, but with so many releases hitting about the same time this is one of the weakest offerings. I'm by no means one the those SSC haters, but you have to admit that Hot Toys fit and finish is much better. I guess like most folks, just try to get as much bang for the buck that I can.:gah:

As far as Hot Toys, the answer is yes. I have the OT stormtrooper single and 2 pack. I also have the spacetrooper, New Order stormtrooper 2 pack and squad leader on order. My collection mostly focuses on armored figures, but I did break down and buy Bespin Luke when he came out.

Didn't see this one posted. Crappy photo so it's not even worth judging for me yet. Can't see the materials, the shine or shape of the helmet due to lens distortion and lighting.

Something weird with the right eye lens.

This one looks good. I just ordered using the $20 coupon. I am sticking only to OT characters, so this is a must have. He will look great next to the AT-AT Driver.

Agreed that this one looks good. No good to me without a pilot Luke, so I'm a little iffy given my feelings about that release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good but not at the top of my buy list. Will probably pick this up later on.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

This one looks good. I just ordered using the $20 coupon. I am sticking only to OT characters, so this is a must have. He will look great next to the AT-AT Driver.

Which $20 coupon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back