1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you shine a light on the eyes, are they transparent of just painted black like the rest of the helmet. With the HT SpaceTrooper you can see a hint of green in the plastic when light hits the eyes.

They look just painted black to me. I tried to shine a light through in my review and couldnt see any transparency.

UPS are hopeless.

Was meant to be delivered today, but they changed their mind 15 minutes ago.

It'll be two weeks tomorrow. So much for 'Expedited' delivery. :lol

Bastards!!!

That is unfortunate. I am concerned after getting my HT Spacetrooper I will be disappointed in the SS Tie Fighter Pilot.

It would be nicer if the eyes had a different hue, but don't let that one detail deter you. They are pretty black in ANH. It really is a nice figure and definitely holds it's own next to my Hot Toys Troopers.

latest

If anything, the helmet is probably too glossy :lol

Edit: Hmmmm, wonder if anyone can do some custom decals for the lettering on the front of the mohawk...

Second edit: Screen used helmet eyes look just like SS's.
REAL TIE FIGHTER PILOT

Bastards!!!

It would be nicer if the eyes had a different hue, but don't let that one detail deter you. They are pretty black in ANH. It really is a nice figure and definitely holds it's own next to my Hot Toys Troopers.

latest

If anything, the helmet is probably too glossy :lol

Edit: Hmmmm, wonder if anyone can do some custom decals for the lettering on the front of the mohawk...

Second edit: Screen used helmet eyes look just like SS's.
REAL TIE FIGHTER PILOT

There a few versions of the TIE Pilot, look in this thread, I posted the details. I'm quite sure SSC will make (one or all of) the others too some day

Bastards!!!

The Pilot arrived about three quarters of an hour ago.

I hadn't mentioned how long I'd been waiting, but as he reached the door the driver just came out with it and apologised for the delay: "We've had this since the 20th of November. I've no idea why."

They look just painted black to me. I tried to shine a light through in my review and couldnt see any transparency.

I shone a white LED onto them and it's clear that the eyes are painted grey and are quite distinct from the rest of the helmet. They're also a separate piece that's inserted into the helmet.

Also discovered that the arm communicator is just inserted under the edges of the pocket and not glued in - as it just fell out while changing gloves.

This is another good figure from Sideshow, with excellent tailoring etc.

23130588339_520d762271_o.jpg

22870250334_e50bbdb654_o.jpg

23390055202_5afb0f1777_o.jpg

23498574115_5f9cf0f56b_o.jpg

23390061342_88dc6bf34a_o.jpg

23130590129_babc07bf07_o.jpg

The Pilot arrived about three quarters of an hour ago.

I hadn't mentioned how long I'd been waiting, but as he reached the door the driver just came out with it and apologised for the delay: "We've had this since the 20th of November. I've no idea why."

That really sucks....I'd file a complaint to get my shipping refunded. That's two weeks of playtime you'll never get back.....

I received my TIE pilots and the eyes are definitely a different color than the helmet - a dark shimmering grey almost. On that note, I freakin' love this figure. I need to futz with the coveralls and come up with some good poses but otherwise this little dude is amazing right out of the box. The Kenner vintage style blaster for the exclusive figure is an excellent addition. I'll try to get some good photos tomorrow outside and post.

2015-12-03 19.30.42.jpg

I shone a white LED onto them and it's clear that the eyes are painted grey and are quite distinct from the rest of the helmet. They're also a separate piece that's inserted into the helmet.

Also discovered that the arm communicator is just inserted under the edges of the pocket and not glued in - as it just fell out while changing gloves.

This is another good figure from Sideshow, with excellent tailoring etc.

23130588339_520d762271_o.jpg

22870250334_e50bbdb654_o.jpg

23390055202_5afb0f1777_o.jpg

23498574115_5f9cf0f56b_o.jpg

23390061342_88dc6bf34a_o.jpg

23130590129_babc07bf07_o.jpg

Wow - these pics make me excited for this fig again.:gah:

Great pics, Kuat...you're right. ..it looks like a great figure ... I'll see for myself next week. ...

I think it might be Sideshow's least problematic figure...evah! :lol

Was expecting to have to pad the waist, but didn't fancy removing the helmet and armour and risk damaging the hoses. It doesn't seem much of an issue on display.

The sculpting is really good on everything - from the glossy helmet, armour and chest box, to the weathered boots and gloves. Tailoring is excellent, as expected after getting Luke X-Wing.

The helmet is a good match scale wise with the HT Stormtrooper lid. Almost as if SS might have used one as the base sculpt.

This figure is really growing on me. It looks great. Just ordered the HT Sandtrooper last night, might have to add this guy next.

Long live the Empire!!!!! :)

Back