1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the folks that have both this and Luke, do you think the TIE Pilot gloves would make an improvement on Luke? Not sure I'm sold on the two-part ones Luke has.

I only have the X-wing Luke figure and think the 2-part gloves work great. They look like a single piece regardless of the hand position. Another benefit is that you get the added wrist articulation which is lacking on the one piece TIE pilot gloves.

I read in a previous post that the TIE boots were more pliable, so those may be a consideration for updating the Luke figure. (Although I don't expect to see too many poses where this figure would not be pretty much in a museum pose.)

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I like that the TIE boots and gloves seem to match in terms of the weathering (not that it necessarily makes sense to have matching boot/glove weathering), so thought I would do both or none if I picked up Luke. Good point about the wrist articulation.

Well I got mine yesterday. I really love this character, but I have to admit that opening the box was kinda underwhelming. The design and tailoring are top notch, but really feels bare bones. The 2 extra left hands in mine are almost identical. Is this the same for everyone?

Well I got mine yesterday. I really love this character, but I have to admit that opening the box was kinda underwhelming. The design and tailoring are top notch, but really feels bare bones. The 2 extra left hands in mine are almost identical. Is this the same for everyone?

He's minimalist. But he's also a class act.

One of the left hands is more closed and distinctly intended for supporting the rifle. I wanted him holding the vintage pistol so I holstered the rifle and gave him a left fist.

He's minimalist. But he's also a class act.

One of the left hands is more closed and distinctly intended for supporting the rifle. I wanted him holding the vintage pistol so I holstered the rifle and gave him a left fist.

OK. Then I got two opened left and not a "cupped" left hand to support the rifle. The Kenner Blaster is just Awesome. I pulled the holster around to his left hip and have him griping the Kenner blaster in his right hand.

OK. Then I got two opened left and not a "cupped" left hand to support the rifle.

That's a bummer. :(

You can see the difference in finger positions in this promo photo:

100294-imperial-tie-fighter-pilot-011.jpg

qbomb71 said:
The Kenner Blaster is just Awesome. I pulled the holster around to his left hip and have him griping the Kenner blaster in his right hand.

It is good. It also feels right, and not just an homage to a Kenner toy.

When I had Sideshow's Bib Fortuna on display I always had him holding the Kenner staff - because it felt and looked right, as if it was something he had but we just never saw it on screen.

I received mine on Friday. Very impressed and like the additional height! Looks nice next to the taller Darth and shorter Spacetrooper. Just waiting for my case with LED lights to shine some light on the shiny black helmet.

That should be accurate since Luke is supposed to be shorter.

Still feels the Tie pilot is too tall. Not that it wouldn't be accurate but expected him to be on a short body. Looks good next to other imperial troops though.

I wasn't expecting this kind of size difference between the two.

FullSizeRender_zpsoke9catv.jpg

Yeah, that does look a bit too much difference, but the TIE Pilot body to me seems a poor choice overall - the arms seem slightly too short and upper body/thighs seem a bit big (even Luke's shoulders look too bulky/broad in that pic, but maybe it's just a futz issue.)

Not sure why they went with one of the muscle bodies for that - must have been all they had available. It has a fused/sculpted neck too so I'm guessing head articulation isn't as good as it would have been with a segmented neck, not that he's an action pose figure though.

I imagine the TIE pilots about Luke's height. He may be short for a stormtrooper but not for a pilot. Besides, go look at the TIE pilots walking behind Vader -- they're pretty short. Really short.

It's not a movie accurate photo anyway. Everyone knows Luke was standing on a box in every single scene. Add the box and it's perfect.

Great pic, Jay....

Just got this today...snapped a couple quick shots at work...right out of the box, no futzing.

This figure is great....excellent detailed flight outfit, well-rendered helmet and gear....really like the look of the molded gloves and boots...good texture here.

The helmet and the chest box really sell this figure...just looks amazing.

Body's a little loose, but not to the point of falling over...but he won't be displayed off a stand. Gonna be fun getting some creative shots with this one....

Now I want to scratch enough together to pick up Luke...if he looks as good as this one does in front of me, I'd really enjoy it.

Great job, Sideshow...now I cant wait to see the AT-AT driver next year...

[Crap photo alert]

Just picked this guy up this evening - overall pretty impressed! (although the rifle did disintegrate right outta the box).

Tie pilot.jpg

Back