1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice profile "pic"! BrBa ref or just physics?

I received my TIE pilots and the eyes are definitely a different color than the helmet - a dark shimmering grey almost. On that note, I freakin' love this figure. I need to futz with the coveralls and come up with some good poses but otherwise this little dude is amazing right out of the box. The Kenner vintage style blaster for the exclusive figure is an excellent addition. I'll try to get some good photos tomorrow outside and post.

View attachment 227039

Tie just got delivered a little while ago. This and AT-AT driver are prolly my favorite designs from Star Wars. These pics are straight out of the box, no futzing. He looks solid and the body is nice with tight joints. Suit is well tailored and the black helmet bits and armor are nice. No chips or scratches. My only complaint is for the price we paid, SS should have included a holster for the Kenner gun.

tie_pilot_02.jpg

tie_pilot_03.jpg

tie_pilot_04.jpg

tie_pilot_05.jpg

tie_pilot_06.jpg

tie_pilot_07.jpg

tie_pilot_08.jpg

tie_pilot_09.jpg

Nice pics, Evilface.

What kind of base did he come with? Is it just a plain black hexagon stand, or did it have some kind of design on it?

If just plain black, you should come up with a decal of the Empire symbol or a Tie Fighter window...

Plain base with the Star Wars logo underneath :lol

Glad to see so many getting this and loving it. It really is a great figure and one of sideshows best in recent times. Keep the pics coming.

Arrived today. Somewhat surprised Sideshow chose to go with a tall body on this one. They appeared to be more on the short side next to Vader in ANH. Also, what's up with that hairy chest and rubber parts? Seems like the factory went with whatever body they had in stock for that production run.

Other than that, a solid figure. Chest box and helmet are nice and shiny and boots are a lot softer than Luke's which helps when it comes to futzing the figure. Still a work in progress but here are a couple shots. Upper left arm pocket is giving me a hard time.

005.JPG
006.JPG

For the folks that have both this and Luke, do you think the TIE Pilot gloves would make an improvement on Luke? Not sure I'm sold on the two-part ones Luke has.

This group of shots bears repeating. ....well done, sir! Figure looks great...C'mon, Tuesday!

[ QUOTE=EVILFACE;8273263]Tie just got delivered a little while ago. This and AT-AT driver are prolly my favorite designs from Star Wars. These pics are straight out of the box, no futzing. He looks solid and the body is nice with tight joints. Suit is well tailored and the black helmet bits and armor are nice. No chips or scratches. My only complaint is for the price we paid, SS should have included a holster for the Kenner gun.

tie_pilot_02.jpg

tie_pilot_03.jpg

tie_pilot_04.jpg

tie_pilot_05.jpg

tie_pilot_06.jpg

tie_pilot_07.jpg

tie_pilot_08.jpg

tie_pilot_09.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Sideshow are sending me a replacement helmet. Can't wait to get it and take some more shots of this guy.

Figure looks great. Got him on flex pay so should have him by end of month. Pretty excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this is already in stock at Popcultcha and on the 15% discount for today.

Seems no need to order from SSC direct anymore with the local suppliers getting the figures at around the same time now.

So this is already in stock at Popcultcha and on the 15% discount for today.

Seems no need to order from SSC direct anymore with the local suppliers getting the figures at around the same time now.

Depends if you want the exclusive version of figures. Some exclusive accessories are better than others.

Depends if you want the exclusive version of figures. Some exclusive accessories are better than others.
True, but even then sometimes PC have stocked the ex version of figures like the Hoth Luke.

Some ex's are worth it, some aren't. I guess it all depends on what it is worth to each buyer.

Back