1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine in on Monday... a really excellent figure. The base body seems really good on this one and I was happy to see I could get a nice range of motion from the head and tubes.

I can see some feeling the the figure is a bit bare-bones, but I can't really think of much else to include apart from some extra hands. The Kenner blaster is a great addition and one I'll use for display. I feel like Sideshow should just stick to this type of figure; the price point is fair and they're putting out solid work.

I really like the look of this but it will have to wait until after I get the Sandtrooper and Vader.

i just got this and i think its just too tall. its taller than all other SW troopers. otherwise i like it.

i display this sans weapon. these guys don't carry weapons. i can understand SS adding them to say they came with something, but honestly, this figure deserves a bare bones approach. i think this figure would have been perfect at the $150 mark.

Part of the extra height over a HT regular Stormtrooper comes from the boots, which have a heel. And then his helmet which is a Stormtrooper helmet with another section placed over the top of it.

I quite like the variation in height, though I wouldn't have minded if they'd made him shorter. That would be in keeping with the WW2 pilots that inspired Lucas - Otto Skorzeny at 6' 4", for example, was turned down by the Luftwaffe partly for being too tall.

I'd be curious to see the outfit on a shorter body but seeing the pilot side-by-side with Luke that would perhaps be too short (just thinking in terms of ease of swap, since the boots are likely compatible).

Mine came with the E-11 holster on the left hip. I assumed this was a correct position but had not researched it. Is there a correct position? I am guessing they didn't carry a E-11.

Awesome pics Jedi Bear! Gives me some ideas on posing. Really loving this figure more and more. I'm gobsmacked by the amount of Imperial troopers coming from HT and SS - it's amazing!

Anyone do a body swap yet? I was thinking about picking up a short stormtrooper body if I get this but I want to know what would be involved with the neck, foot, and hand pegs...

Anyone do a body swap yet? I was thinking about picking up a short stormtrooper body if I get this but I want to know what would be involved with the neck, foot, and hand pegs...

If you want one that short, your best bet might be the Luke X-Wing body as chances are the pieces are likely to fit on that pretty well. New body is supposed to be nice too. It's inexpensive at Toyanxiety. Might need the body padding to go with it though too. I'm waiting for pics of body swaps on this trooper, think it looks a bit tall in stock form. Tops I'd be happy with it level with the tall stormtrooper cause as Kuat mentioned the helmet is taller on this figure so that would make him technically a touch shorter.

Tops I'd be happy with it level with the tall stormtrooper cause as Kuat mentioned the helmet is taller on this figure so that would make him technically a touch shorter.

Yes, up to the eyes it matches a HT Stormtrooper helmet. Then above the brow section it's as though they placed a crash helmet on top which makes him significantly taller. It's not easy to measure, but maybe half an inch?

So if a regular Stormtrooper was 6', the helmet on this pushes the Pilot to 6' 3". Add a bit for the boot heels and he's pushing 6'4".

His actual height to the top of the crest on the helmet is 32cm (just over 12.5"). Which would make him 6' 3.5". So essentially he seems to be about the same height as a regular trooper under the suit.

Another detail, with reference to Luke's flight suit:

I tried the code cylinders in the pockets on TIE Pilot's arm, but not only are the pockets a much larger scale, but they also lack the extra lines of stitching that hold the cylinders tight on Luke's arm. Just one more little detail that Sideshow put into Luke that makes him such an impressive figure.

Ordered the exclusive, I had to have that kenner pistol. No way I will ever use the standard blaster or holster with the pilot. Coupon almost covered the cost of shipping :mad:. Looking forward to displaying this guy with the other troops, looks like a nicely done figure.

Me and Mini-me...

WP_20151215_20_48_55_Pro.jpg

I was just at the Hot Toys Star Wars Showcase at Time Square Mall at HK island. TFA TIE Pilot figure was by far the best looking out of all the new stuff.:)

Skipping on the Sideshow OT pilot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back