1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never noticed until you pointed out. I'm sure Sideshow would honour a return/exchange.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I decided to take a punt , I'm glad that I did
I got him pretty cheap as well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 327
This is a very nice figure, though I'm guessing - based on the ANH Imperials theme from SDCC - it's likely HT will do this guy fairly soon. Probably see these guys in RO also.

Did they have it out on display? Last time I went to the one near Grand Central it was just boxed up. The helmet looks fantastic in all the pics I've seen.

James the Cat, your Vader looks killer in those pics, did you do some of the mods?

As for the pilot, he's still pretty reasonably priced on the secondary market, not as much as the TFA figs though.

Did they have it out on display? Last time I went to the one near Grand Central it was just boxed up. The helmet looks fantastic in all the pics I've seen.

I went to the one near Times Square and they had it out on display, right next to the TFA pilot so you could really compare them. The guy let me handle it too for a good look. The helmet is terrific. The whole figure is, but as stated many times, he's too tall. Also, the oddly almost gray color of the plastic boots and gloves looked wrong against the rich black uniform. Those boots and gloves should be jet black (grayish helmet tubes too). That's the main reason I haven't picked this up yet. It like its a nod to the old Kenner/Hasbro figure -- which I want no part of.

I was still thinking of picking one up and painting the boots and gloves when I heard rumors that HT wasn't going to do pilots... but this SDCC has clearly shown that rumor is likely wrong. HT has a real knack for troopers so all those nits should be corrected when they do theirs.

And since Sideshow is offering tomorrow's prices today, the HT pilot will likely cost the same or even less 6 months from now.

Last edited:
I went to the one near Times Square and they had it out on display, right next to the TFA pilot so you could really compare them. The guy let me handle it too for a good look. The helmet is terrific. The whole figure is, but as stated many times, he's too tall. Also, the oddly almost gray color of the plastic boots and gloves looked wrong against the rich black uniform. Those boots and gloves should be jet black (grayish helmet tubes too). That's the main reason I haven't picked this up yet. It like its a nod to the old Kenner/Hasbro figure -- which I want no part of.

I was still thinking of picking one up and painting the boots and gloves when I heard rumors that HT wasn't going to do pilots... but this SDCC has clearly shown that rumor is likely wrong. HT has a real knack for troopers so all those nits should be corrected when they do theirs.

And since Sideshow is offering tomorrow's prices today, the HT pilot will likely cost the same or even less 6 months from now.
I should check that Midtown out some time. I always go in and browse around looking at the figures for a while when I have time before a train, and then feel guilty and buy some comics I don't need. :lol

I still don't think we'll see the TIE's that soon from HT, I think that is in fact why they introduced the ones they did. Sends a message of what they will produce without just showing up with the same thing. But if they're making the gunner, then the TIE Pilot is inevitable. I would think they'd move on to other films and then swing back around at some point but Chan seems to have a love affair with ANH so who knows.

I think the only thing that held me back on this one is the height as you said, and how the outfit flares at the hips. The suit is nicely tailored so I just have the impression that adding a shorter body to the mix might ruin some of what makes it look good in the first place. They could have easily just made this the exact height as Luke, seemed like it would have saved a few bucks, but they made the outfits and bodies different, and the boots are different sizes to match the different scales. And then obviously the gloves are different. It's interesting how the Vader deluxe gloves were made, they were one-piece and pleather and looked more realistic than any of these plastic ones that are being used now.

I'm looking into swapping the stock tall body this came with with the sideshow x wing Luke body. I've been comparing pics of the stripped down bodies and the wrist and ankle joints look exactly the same so the gloves and boots should swap without a problem. The neck joint might be a little bit short though. What do you guys think?

Can any of you take some pics of the two figures side by side so I can get a better size comparison??

Thanks

Just ordered one if these with a $25 I got from another order. Pretty excited honestly and I know sidrshow is releasing another version from rogue one and I hope it's as good as this came out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I like the looks of the RO version but one is all I need though so I'll just stick with my OT Pilot. I padded his waste a bit but other than that he's stock. Unfortunately the helmet on mine had a paint flaw but it's not too noticeable.

IMG_9056.JPG

Looks amazing very stoked to get this in. I may just stick with this guy but having two would be sweet.

I'm looking into swapping the stock tall body this came with with the sideshow x wing Luke body. I've been comparing pics of the stripped down bodies and the wrist and ankle joints look exactly the same so the gloves and boots should swap without a problem. The neck joint might be a little bit short though. What do you guys think?

Can any of you take some pics of the two figures side by side so I can get a better size comparison??

Thanks

I actually did this very thing- swapping out the pilot's body for Luke's. Major improvement in height and proportions.

All of the parts (gloves, boots, and helmet) fit perfectly. I do suggest adding some padding to the torso (I used the Old Ben undergarmet) and a fabric neck seal or a bit of black paint to cover the little bit of Luke's flesh colored neck post showing in the back.

Here he is next to a tall Hot Toys trooper.

https://rs19.pbsrc.com/albums/b168/eriksmask/20161230_210522_zpsa0lt8brb.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Looks amazing very stoked to get this in. I may just stick with this guy but having two would be sweet.

It's a great OT figure. SS did a nice job and with a mod or two he's awesome. You'll love it!

Also Cocoboloboy, I love your display base! Where did you get/make the custom name plate??? I'd love to get some for the non HT figures I have on display.

Thanks! I made the base and bought my decals from EVILFACE. Here's a link to his decal page.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...le-hell-stand-decals-updated-12-27-a-305.html

Back