1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've been looking at this figure for a while and decided to place an order. Did a "Best Offer" on one and it was accepted! Free shipping to boot.

I'm already planning on replacing the body with a shorter one and filling out that mid-section. Finally glad to have an OT Tie Pilot joining the collection.

Received in my Tie Pilot today and definitely Sideshow's best attempt. They really need to just stick to Armored figures because that is there strength.

My SS TIE Fighter Pilot and it's replacement SS Luke body arrived yesterday.

I really like the figure, as Sideshow has done a good job with this one. My only gripe is the lack of extras. You get 2 extra pairs of hands. That's it. Oh, and a generic black base. They could have at least added the Empire symbol or a TIE Fighter window symbol to the top of the base and dress it up a bit. I didn't get the exclusive version, so no Kenner pistol for me. I would have preferred having that pistol holstered than the massive blaster rifle.

But what you do get is fantastic. The only reason for swapping out the base body is to bring it's height down to what I remember in ANH, as two pilots flank Vader as he orders them to their ships.

I did stand him next to the HT Han Solo figure and they were comparable in height, so it's not like he towers over the other figures.

All in all, glad I finally picked him up.

EDIT: The tight waist was not obvious in hand.

SS TIE Fighter Pilot.jpg

Still so wary of ever buying sideshow again. Looks like they are doing their troopers right, but ehh. I cant bring myself to buy.

Looks great!

I'll continue to support Sideshow with their troops as long as they keep it up with them. Unless there's drastic differences, I don't think I'd ever need another TIE pilot or AT-AT Driver, for example. Sideshow at least uses decent bodies now. Figures like the Stormtroopers were no brainer to buy HT versions of.

Decided (for now) to keep the stock body and simply replaced the boring black base with the one that came with X-Wing Luke. It basically breaks up the all-black display and looks nicer with the figure.

TIE Fighter Pilot SS.jpg

I like it F&F. Having a base that's not black makes the figure pop a bit more. I kept the body stock on mine too. Just padded the waist a bit.

I got a $30 coupon today and am thinking of using it on one of these two, or maybe R5-D4. It's a hard choice to make, I like all of them.

I personnally went with the Tie Pilot first because he's a more important character, we see him a bit more and does more than the other two. I'd go with the AT-AT driver next. Which I would get if I had the funds...

I personnally went with the Tie Pilot first because he's a more important character, we see him a bit more and does more than the other two. I'd go with the AT-AT driver next. Which I would get if I had the funds...

Makes sense, and as much as I like AT-AT Driver I'm leaning towards the TIE Pilot, although R5-D4 is the least expensive of the three.

Back