Sideshow Storm Shadow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as the pro has come into it's own, i find myself debating a truetype swap on Storm shadow, JUST to get the hot toys style ankle articulation. Anyone else planning the same?

As much as the pro has come into it's own, i find myself debating a truetype swap on Storm shadow, JUST to get the hot toys style ankle articulation. Anyone else planning the same?

I have the same debate myself. But for me is the height difference. I feel that if I change one to a TT, I have to change them all to keep height consistency. What stops me is that, if say I change them all to a TT and they make Roadblock for example, I would then have to find a taller body than a TT.

I have the same debate myself. But for me is the height difference. I feel that if I change one to a TT, I have to change them all to keep height consistency. What stops me is that, if say I change them all to a TT and they make Roadblock for example, I would then have to find a taller body than a TT.

There's that and the accrued cost of picking up a TT every time a figure's released. And what about the women when they're released? To my knowledge, HT has no plans to release the female TT. Then there's the skin tones to worry about too. You up for painting every figure? All headaches I'll easily pass on, unless, like Snake Eyes, there's actually a visible need for it. :lol

Trying like hell to not to have to cancel this figure. He's literally the one 1/6 figure I've been looking forward to most this year, and that's inculding Vader the Predator and the Don.
I'm likely to swap him onto a TT for the hell of it but mostly because I've got a few lying around.

Of that group, Vader will be easier to get down the line than Predator, Godfather and Storm Shadow.

Agreed. Even if Vader becomes scarce I figure there's still any of the other versions to be made, all which I actually prefer to the ANH look. The Pred. is definitely second on my list after Stormy, but damn if the Cobra Ninja isn't the bees freakin knees of bad guys even if he's not really a bad guy. Arashikage FTW! :rock

dang wasn't expecting this so soon, I have so much processing these next few weeks. I decided instead of flexpaying both of them, I cancelled the reg kept the exc and will order through an e-tailer for the regular, will save on tax and a few extra bucks and won't have to worry about for another month or so.

There's that and the accrued cost of picking up a TT every time a figure's released. And what about the women when they're released? To my knowledge, HT has no plans to release the female TT. Then there's the skin tones to worry about too. You up for painting every figure? All headaches I'll easily pass on, unless, like Snake Eyes, there's actually a visible need for it. :lol

Even so, the Hot toys hot angel bodies are VERY easily had on E-bay, for around the same price as a regular truetype. I'm not worried about the height, or boy skin tones either, close enough is good enough for me. My only concern is articulation. ...

Even so, the Hot toys hot angel bodies are VERY easily had on E-bay, for around the same price as a regular truetype. I'm not worried about the height, or boy skin tones either, close enough is good enough for me. My only concern is articulation. ...

Fitting hands and feet are a pain in the ass too. That's why I canned my Femtrooper. I might actually take up the project again with the Jennifer Dragon body, but the female TT just turned out to be too much of a hassle when it came down to it. :(

I've had no issue with my ignight Kunoichi on a Hot angel body... but meh, I guess that would be easier. as far as the femtrooper goes, I'd suggest a Cy girls, or ZC girls body. it works better. Though I did halt production on mine untill the Eva body comes out, might like it more.

as for hands, what kinda trouble did you have?

I've had no issue with my ignight Kunoichi on a Hot angel body... but meh, I guess that would be easier. as far as the femtrooper goes, I'd suggest a Cy girls, or ZC girls body. it works better. Though I did halt production on mine untill the Eva body comes out, might like it more.

as for hands, what kinda trouble did you have?

:( I was trying to Abby Chase hands. They didn't fit. I tried to mod them, made a mess. Tried to fix the mod, made a bigger mess... I don't really want to talk about it. Not my best day in customizing, I can tell you that. :lol

Same here. I know of one place that still has regulars available, but I'm willing to take the chance of missing it to wait and see if mine converts.

I wonder if we throw some virgins in a volcano...

can't imagine this being harder to come by than the cc, which is still available from Hastings even after super discounts. IMO the exclusive is very unnecessary considering all the other weapons are cooler. this isn't like CCs staff. i'm going to hold out a little while see if he comes available at Hastings or something.

can't imagine this being harder to come by than the cc, which is still available from Hastings even after super discounts. IMO the exclusive is very unnecessary considering all the other weapons are cooler. this isn't like CCs staff. i'm going to hold out a little while see if he comes available at Hastings or something.

I really want the chucks though. Besides, I'm OCD about my collecting. All my other Joes are Ex. so this one has to be Ex. too. :lol:lol

Just because the chuks were part of the original figure and that figure was my favorite figure in my entire childhood, the exclusive is absolutely necessary.

I will never understand how I missed this. :banghead

I have the exclusive. na na na!! :D

PS: and i dont even want it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back