Sideshow Storm Shadow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they did mention that Beachhead was in the works so I could see him being the next Joe and Firefly the next Cobra. Of course we might see another Cobra Trooper mixed in between though, but those guys don't really count.

Yes, I imagine he will. :)

firefly.jpg

fireflyprogress.jpg

I normally buy 2 of each, but I would buy 3 of him just to open.....yes I am a MOC/MIB collector :rolleyes:

I would only buy a third of Firefly.

One I keep sealed FOREVER

the other either I break down and decide to display it or sell them off when and if they become worth it to sell.

I am a pretty big diehard Joe fan, so I don't think this is too uncommon for diehard fans of a property :banana

With figures this expensive, I would imagine that it is fairly uncommon, though perhaps not uncommon amongst some boardies here (an extreme subset of the population of Sideshow collectors), particularly the poor souls suffering through some manner of OCD.

I do this with Minimates for some illogical reason, but they cost $7 for 2, so it is easier to justify buying three packs than a $120 12 inch figure.

lol. why would you buy 3 when in 2 years you could probably buy the same figure for 1/2 the price?

Buy 1 now to open and enjoy, wait until the prices tank like most 1/6 figures do, and then buy your MIB.

lol. why would you buy 3 when in 2 years you could probably buy the same figure for 1/2 the price?

Buy 1 now to open and enjoy, wait until the prices tank like most 1/6 figures do, and then buy your MIB.

:lecture :lecture. I'd maybe buy an exclusive to keep sealed and a regular to open and display. Any more than that and it seems like a waste of resources.

Nobody bids on those ridiculous $900 Celtic Predator auctions. :lol 90% of the toy market ATM can be had at or below retail due to the recession. There are exceptions, but they're just that: exceptions.

Man I really want Celtic and Scar but no way in hell would I pay $900.

I figure that Pred 1 Predator will have more long-term value than any of the others. . .

Back on topic, though, Storm Shadow rocks! Can't wait! He could kick some serious Predator butt.

well then techincally I shouldn't buy ALOT of stuff, I bought the palisades statues for full price, now those things are almost impossible to give away. Toys are pretty much the same thing, and alot of other statues are the same way.

Now, I can get them, return them if they are damaged and have 2 nice and minty figures in the box and won't have to worry about getting them 2 years from now, if at all I remember them.

:lecture :lecture. I'd maybe buy an exclusive to keep sealed and a regular to open and display. Any more than that and it seems like a waste of resources.

I was originally going to do this, but I just can't justify opening a $100+ figure. I have done loose toys/12" and I just end up losing interest and selling them for much less than what I paid.

I sold the exc snake eyes though, I just didn't care about the dagger hand. So I have 2 regulars of him.

Theres a difference to buying something to enjoy (which the first 1 I consider falls into that) and buying multiples to store away in the storage space.

Buy the one you'll USE now. Then buy the multiples down the road if you think you need them. Buying a whole bunch of multiples of something just to lock them away is silly. But its your money go nuts.

I think its funny you can justify spending $100 on the box but not for the figure though! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back