Sideshow Stormtrooper 12" figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love these Stormies but my favorite rendition are the Sandtroopers. I can't wait for that one. I hope he comes with the sand-like base that came with "Maul's Balls."

But these Stormies look FANTASTIC!

oh you know we will get sandies at some point.............:rock

I'm trying to understand the mad rush to order the regular editions right now from SSC...? Vader and the Stormies will absolutely be available (and much cheaper) from our friendly board-recommended vendors, if any of you are so inclined to get the normal editions. I will patiently wait for next Friday to secure the exclusives. I've never understood ordering from Sideshow direct for regular editions. You're paying more for less. At least with the exclusives you get an extra piece to justify the cost. ::shrug:: Say what you will about customer service and whatnot, but guys like Dark Shadow are just as helpful in fixing any problems with stuff.

I don't mind paying more buying direct from SS. The main reason is their stellar customer service. Even if the littlest thing is unsatisfactory, you can get it replaced.

Also, you get it faster directly from them.

I'm trying to understand the mad rush to order the regular editions right now from SSC...? Vader and the Stormies will absolutely be available (and much cheaper) from our friendly board-recommended vendors, if any of you are so inclined to get the normal editions. I will patiently wait for next Friday to secure the exclusives. I've never understood ordering from Sideshow direct for regular editions. You're paying more for less. At least with the exclusives you get an extra piece to justify the cost. ::shrug:: Say what you will about customer service and whatnot, but guys like Dark Shadow are just as helpful in fixing any problems with stuff.

You're correct, and I agree with you. For me its a psychological issue, really. I ordered mostly as a safety net, but will probably either cancel and reorder from a retailer or (in the case of Vader at least) try and get the exclusive.

I too ordered with the safety net mentality, but if I am able to snag an exclusive trooper to go with the regular one, I get the two I wanted, and I get to have some more diverse display possibilities!

I have no problem spening the extra coupe bucks to go with Sideshow for these. I mean I might as well reward the guys who made the dang thing and since I have become very picky in what I order lately they are actually loosing a lot of my money for the stuff I don't want anymore so I gotta keep them afloat as best I can. :)

I'm taking my chance on the exclusives since the rest of my figures are exclusives.

But buying from SS gets you reward points and unequaled customer service if there is a problem.

There are other things to be a cheap ass on, collectibles isn't one of them.

I'm taking my chance on the exclusives since the rest of my figures are exclusives.

But buying from SS gets you reward points and unequaled customer service if there is a problem.

I agree! I have never had a problem with Sideshow. I would even pay more to buy from them direct due to their service.

I'm cheap whenever possible, 10% savings and lower shipping is enough to get me to go elsewhere for non-exclusive items. But I only buy from good sellers (like Darkshadow or AlterEgo) that way I know if there is a problem I'll still be taken care of.

But really 10% per figure and saving $4 on shipping adds up pretty fast. Its like for every 10 figures I buy I get one free :rock

Actually I would think collectibles would be one of the first things I'd be a cheap ass on. They're not exactly necessities.

But I agree with galactiboy that buying from reputable dealers is important. As far as I'm concerned the service from BBTS is every bit as good as Sideshow's, for example.

I just ordered the Stormtrooper,Darth Vader and Rebel Trooper!
:chew
I now canceled Vader & the Stormtrooper and will wait for the shiny gold sticker version!

Last edited:
Just ordered
Vader x1
Stormtrooper x1
Rebel Trooper x1
man im going to be broke
they didnt offer flexpay
is that not a option anymore?

Back