SKAAR, Son of Hulk, 1/4 scale!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost twice the weight of Doom PF..:panic: hope you can pick one up down the road :1-1:

The sheer fact they are not hollow tells that this statues are perfectly executed will never be replicated again. IMO, nothing will ever surpass the original Hulk or Doom PFs.:lecture

They will be topped some day. Maybe not by price but as time goes and technology gets better the detail and complexity of these will get better and better. Hell Skaar, DP, and Batman all have more detail in them then the Hulk PF. These statues appear to be going through the exact same progression that comic book art did from the solid forms of Kirby to the more detailed renderings of Keown, Lee, and the like. The old guard started it all, but the younger crowd refined the art over time.

They will be topped some day. Maybe not by price but as time goes and technology gets better the detail and complexity of these will get better and better. Hell Skaar, DP, and Batman all have more detail in them then the Hulk PF. These statues appear to be going through the exact same progression that comic book art did from the solid forms of Kirby to the more detailed renderings of Keown, Lee, and the like. The old guard started it all, but the younger crowd refined the art over time.

Only time will tell....but I wouldn't hold my breath that it will surpass them.

:exactly: yes the comics did the exact same thing. That's what got me back into them the bada$$ art from the 90s. :clap

Only time will tell....but I wouldn't hold my breath that it will surpass them.

Well in the opinion of many Skaar surpasses the Hulk PF by quit a bit. A would be willing to bet a New Doom PF could be to the original what Skaar is to the Hulk PF, which is a significant leap in detail and complexity. Then again maybe it won't take another Doom, maybe someone like Apocolypse will get the job done.

Last edited:

Well in the opinion of many Skaar surpasses the Hulk PF by quit a bit. A would be willing to bet a New Doom PF could be to the original what Skaar is to the Hulk PF, which is a significant leap in detail and complexity. Then again maybe it won't take another Doom, maybe someone like Apocolypse will get the job done.

Do you own a hulk PF? :lol

Do you own a hulk PF? :lol

You know I should qualify it all with the line, "when I see the pictures", however, I can honestly say that I have NO interest in ever owning that particular sculpt. Even if I had the money GIVEN to me I wouldn't buy that one. I would buy the Avengers Maquette or the up coming WWH to go along with a Skaar. Hell that or buy a Red Hulk Comiquette or two and have one done up as a custom Green. However, That is just me and what I prefer.

The opinion of many? I am only seeing the opinion of a few on the net. I bet anyone who owns the Hulk PF and Skaar would not pick the latter over the former.

I love my Skaar but I am fine in saying he isn't perfect. Having a buttload of accessories doesn't automatically make it a better sculpt. Otherwise Liefield is the best artist ever. The eyes, the teeth, the highlights and shading of the skin tone all fall in the Hulk's favor. The bands on Skaar's feet and wrists are pretty flat in their paint application as well.

As for Doom, it will be very hard to top it with another Doom. The throne alone for the original Doom PF has so many intricate details it is stunning.

I do think everything can be surpassed in time, but it will be long while before we see anything top those two pieces.

Last edited:
Here's a high def vid with a close up of the face on Hulk PF and it's great paint job

[ame]https://youtu.be/-zeLV6WsSms[/ame]

The eyes and teeth are outstanding

You know I should qualify it all with the line, "when I see the pictures", however, I can honestly say that I have NO interest in ever owning that particular sculpt. Even if I had the money GIVEN to me I wouldn't buy that one. I would buy the Avengers Maquette or the up coming WWH to go along with a Skaar. Hell that or buy a Red Hulk Comiquette or two and have one done up as a custom Green. However, That is just me and what I prefer.

I see you don't like "Monkey Man" either...GOOD JOB! Believe me you are not alone it your dislike on this monstrosity.

I see you don't like "Monkey Man" either...GOOD JOB! Believe me you are not alone it your dislike on this monstrosity.

When I first saw pics of the hulk PF, I also did not like the look of it. Only after I saw this in person did my views changed drastically. The sculpt is absolutely phenomenal. How this statue captures light is absolutely astounding.

No, he is definitely not alone. As much as the owner's of the PF don't like to hear it, there are quite a few peeps that aren't enamoured with it. However, whether you like it or not, there's no questioning the quality of the PF. That's one very well made statue.

See for me it is totally a mater of personal artistic preference. I am a child if the 80s and 90s when comic book art made the jump to becoming more detailed because the printing processes got better. The Hulk PF is obviously inspired by the old guard, mainly Kirby or course, and as such is generic and under detailed in my opinion. Now Skaar looks like a Dale Keown or Paul Pelletier drawing realized in full 3 D to me. I have seen two different statues at two different LCS, and I can say without a doubt they were both flawless. They had no paint problems or teeth problems, and the banding on the arms and wrists were perfect. If you take away all of the accessories from this statue the level of detail in the anatomy and the complexity of the muscle interactions simply blows the original Hulk PF out of the water. Skaar is the best action pose and sculpt I have seen, and over all it is the best "Hulk" statue I have seen when you figure in the picture factor I mentioned before. Now some of that is opinion, my preference in art, some of that is fact, the muscle complexity etc, but in the end I don't mean to upset those who love the Hulk PF. Many of them may be the Kirby faithful, and he was the KING of the Monkey Man Hulk. So if that is the art they prefer then the original Hulk PF would be their "perfect" Hulk. I just find that Skaar is along the lines of my preferred type of Hulk depiction.

Having the Hulk PF I can say that it is not "under detailed" by any means. Would it look better with sculpted pants? Sure, but cloth aside, the sculpt looks very realistic. As for a new Doom PF topping the original in detailing, I don't see how that would be possible. The Doom PF is like a '59 Cadillac and that has never been matched.

a lot of people simply do not understand this type of thinking.... :monkey1

Oh you mean the people who think that because they have an opinion it is actually FACT... Yeah the Internet is full of them. I also do realize that some people are very proud of their collections and feel a need to defend their favorite pieces, and on occasion how much they spent on them.

a lot of people simply do not understand this type of thinking.... :monkey1

Everybody's getting on my nerves...
Everybody's stupider than me...
Why can't you do things...
The way that I do...
'Cause I am right and you are wrong. :)

This livley debate is making me even more interested in getting Hulk to go with Skaar now. Maybe some day.

Back