SKAAR, Son of Hulk, 1/4 scale!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everybody's getting on my nerves...
Everybody's stupider than me...
Why can't you do things...
The way that I do...
'Cause I am right and you are wrong. :)

This livley debate is making me even more interested in getting Hulk to go with Skaar now. Maybe some day.

Lol yep there is the attitude :rotfl. I know you were joking by the way.

It is also speaking in absolutes like... There will never be a better statue then Doom. Of course their will be a more detailed statue some day that many think is better then Doom. Now those who own him will argue about it because they are proud to have him... And that is totally okay. (Edit: others may feel differently though and that just has to be equally okay). I do wish that people realize that some of us differ in our opinion, and that there are no REAL absolutes when it comes to opinion.

Last edited:
Don't get all defensive. No one here made it personal. You whining about entitlement of opinion yet you are not permitting others to have their opinion that these older pieces are simPly better

Don't get all defensive. No one here made it personal. You whining about entitlement of opinion yet you are not permitting others to have their opinion that these older pieces are simPly better

No no... I didn't say that anyone here was doing that. However, I have dealt with it elsewhere. I apologize if that was the impression I was giving or how my words read. Sorry about that.

right....now you're putting down andy b :dunno

Ummm I was totally joking dude, and exaggerating. :rotfl

The sculpt For the Hulk PF is exactly what it was meant to be, a sculpt that harckens back to the masters of old like Jack Kirby. Andy B did exactly what he set out to do. I just prefer the vision and sculpt for a Skaar because of my preference in artistic style. savy?:lecture

Ummm I was totally joking dude, and exaggerating. :rotfl

The sculpt For the Hulk PF is exactly what it was meant to be, a sculpt that harckens back to the masters of old like Jack Kirby. Andy B did exactly what he set out to do. I just prefer the vision and sculpt for a Skaar because of my preference in artistic style. savy?:lecture

So you're putting down Jack Kirby?

The muscle detailing and paint job (shading,little details like different color finger and toe nails) haven't been matched on any other Hulk statue,miles ahead of the com and from what I hae seen, maquette too (but I'll wait till i have mine in hand to make a better judgement).
You keep going on about lack of detail on the PF which I find wierd because the muscular detail on the PF is outstanding imo.

So you're putting down Jack Kirby?

Nope, but if I had to choose between a Hulk comic drawn by Kirby or a Hulk comic drawn by Keown or Pelletier and I pick the latter. Again personal preference in style and detail level. I recognize the contribution that Kirby made to the medium,.

The muscle detailing and paint job (shading,little details like different color finger and toe nails) haven't been matched on any other Hulk statue,miles ahead of the com and from what I hae seen, maquette too (but I'll wait till i have mine in hand to make a better judgement).
You keep going on about lack of detail on the PF which I find wierd because the muscular detail on the PF is outstanding imo.

I have kind of said my piece on that one m8... Do you own Skaar or have you seen him up close? I freely admit that I am making judgement for the PF based on pics and videos.

I have kind of said my piece on that one m8... Do you own Skaar or have you seen him up close? I freely admit that I am making judgement for the PF based on pics and videos.

I own the Skaar and I absolutely love it too(posted this pic earlier in the thread)but I still prefer the paint job on the Hulk PF.

022.jpg

I Love Skaar he's one of my favorite statues. I'm not a big Hulk fan I like the new maquette and the red Hulk and Grey Hulk comq. The rest of the Hulk stuff idk but thats just me imo

Personal preference is totally subjective.

Yes, it is subjective, however things like intracacy and amount of detail are quantifiable and can be determined. Gaudi's Cathedral is obviously more detailed than say the Washington Monument regardless of who prefers which.

Nope, but if I had to choose between a Hulk comic drawn by Kirby or a Hulk comic drawn by Keown or Pelletier and I pick the latter. Again personal preference in style and detail level. I recognize the contribution that Kirby made to the medium,.

Relax I was teasing

Yes, it is subjective, however things like intracacy and amount of detail are quantifiable and can be determined. Gaudi's Cathedral is obviously more detailed than say the Washington Monument regardless of who prefers which.

Then being honest and having studied anatomy just from the pics above I can say that Skaar is Cathedral and the Hulk PF is the monument.

I was talking more about your assertion on the Doom PF. The entire thing is intricate, there is no way for SS to make a more detailed 1/4 Doom short of giving him the pope's hat and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, which would not really be accurate to the comics.

I was talking more about your assertion on the Doom PF. The entire thing is intricate, there is no way for SS to make a more detailed 1/4 Doom short of giving him the pope's hat and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, which would not really be accurate to the comics.

I would say though that people always say things can't improve or get more detailed and they always do with new technology, and new techniques.

Back