SKAAR, Son of Hulk, 1/4 scale!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, anyone not knowing who Skaar is are Marvel Poseurs. Do not buy this statue, poseurs.

And go read some comics.Poseurs.

Sad thing is most of the statue collectors don't read comics......it boggles my mind when they have never heard of some of the characters Sideshow has made products of .Why bother collecting comic book statues if you don't even read the comics. :slap

Also, anyone not knowing who Skaar is are Marvel Poseurs. Do not buy this statue, poseurs.

And go read some comics.Poseurs.

Yeah because Marvel comics didnt exist prior to 2008.

:slap:sleep:sleep:sleep

Skaar is a relatively new character, for Sideshow's sake they need as many "poseurs" as possible to break even on this statue. This elitist attitude is pathetic.

Trying to find if they lifted this off some art that was done before.
This looks a tad close...

detail.jpg

How I wish it was base on that cover drawing(by Carlo Pagulayan) but I think SSC's Skaar is base on the artist Ariel Olivetti's drawings.

Alot more statue collectors do need to read more comics. I mean you don't have to be a marvelite or anything but at least know some of the background behind what you buy. Also you are supporting the original medium for it. Thats just me though.

Sad thing is most of the statue collectors don't read comics......it boggles my mind when they have never heard of some of the characters Sideshow has made products of .Why bother collecting comic book statues if you don't even read the comics. :slap

Alot more statue collectors do need to read more comics. I mean you don't have to be a marvelite or anything but at least know some of the background behind what you buy. Also you are supporting the original medium for it. Thats just me though.

I don't read comics anymore (well, except for The Walking Dead) and I collect Marvel Statues. I do know who the characters are that I buy. However, if there is a Bad-ass statue of a character I've never heard of I will still buy it. I collect mostly for the artist value. But still, just because you have never heard of a character doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to buy the statue, that would be ridiculous.

I don't read comics anymore (well, except for The Walking Dead) and I collect Marvel Statues. I do know who the characters are that I buy. However, if there is a Bad-ass statue of a character I've never heard of I will still buy it. I collect mostly for the artist value. But still, just because you have never heard of a character doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to buy the statue, that would be ridiculous.

Exactly why we are making Mythology and super cool statues of all kinds. You dont even need to be into Marvel or DC to enjoy a well done character!

:lecture

My nephew is loving marvel characters thanks to seeing my statues and figures, for his birthday next month he wants Juggernaut and WWH figures.

He doesnt know much about the characters, buts loves the designs, i'm gonna lend him some of my comics and see if he gets into it.

Knowing a character gives the statues/figures more personality, make you're more connected to them if you have followed their stories and history.

Not saying you CAN'T buy, I'm not in any position to tell you where to spend your money. But I feel you may appreciate the collectibles more if you knew more bout em.

My nephew is loving marvel characters thanks to seeing my statues and figures, for his birthday next month he wants Juggernaut and WWH figures.

He doesnt know much about the characters, buts loves the designs, i'm gonna lend him some of my comics and see if he gets into it.

Knowing a character gives the statues/figures more personality, make you're more connected to them if you have followed their stories and history.

Exactly. Its not about the ability to buy or not buy. You can buy whatever you want. I just feel if you understand something you buy, you can enjoy it more. Not elitist post or anything, not a READ or DIE post, just me saying the Characters' background and history are worth looking into.

These comics do takes up space and most of their values do go down over time. So I won't take it too hard on people but its hard to think you can get the full appreciation without knowing the story behind it.

This is going to be one huge, kick ass mother ____er. Very familiar with the character, and I appreciate the depth he's added to Hulk over the past couple of years. Skipping out due to collection focus however.

its hard to think you can get the full appreciation without knowing the story behind it.

I always had my eye on the Ms Marvel PF, but never pulled the trigger because I had no idea about the character outside of some Avenger stuff. I decided to go back and buy all her recent trades. Now I own the statue :D

Speaking of the statue however I think it looks awesome. I could only assume Gore Group sculpted it. Depending on price, might add it to the collection.

Back