Skiman's Predator Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ski's Predator Customs

Customs look great, if I can make one small suggestion in regards to Mac. I would recommend getting a Soldier Story "fat suit":

SSfatsuit.jpg

It came on their ODA Leader Special Forces Operational Attachment Alpha Assault Team fig.

The suit will fit over almost any 1:6 body, and give that right "pudgy" look. I have one on a custom SPR SGT. Horvath using a HT body, and it really adds to the look for those who enjoy that beer or two, or three.:drink

That fat suit looks like ____. Great for a 1:6 Gimli who's supposed to be a rolly polly, but completely ass on a less cartoonish figure, unless you're bashing Schwarzenegger from Junior. Duke went through a Hollywood "basic training" course before the film and lost more weight than any other star (probably because he had the most to lose) and was in better shape than he'd been for Commando. No fat suit is needed.

I keep telling him that he needs to start working on 1:6th Buffy customs, but he doesn't seem interested. :dunno

Can't say I blame him. :nana::moon:nana:

Ski, I like the last one best. It reminds when he was remembering his friend Blain.

do you guys think HT will make the rest? I sure freakin hope so

do you guys think HT will make the rest? I sure freakin hope so

No. Weathers wants too much cash and likely Ventura wants the same as well. Since neither are Schwarzenegger caliber, HT turned them down. Landham refused (hence that gawdy camo and blond hair spackled all over a really great sculpt. With how poorly Billy sold, Poncho and Hawkins are too risky. That leaves Mac. Unfortunately, with no Blain to help push sales, Mac isn't worth HT making either.

Good news is, Apollo's sculpt is perfect Dillon and the kitbash is fairly easy. Billy just needs a repaint. You won't find a better Mac on the market than the one Ski did. There's a pricey 1:6 Blain model kit on the market with the perfect head. It was recast by a freak here, but you'd have better luck smuggling a bazooka through the airport than getting ahold of the actual person selling the cast, so try and find the kit. Hawkins and Poncho are forthcoming.

thanks for the great info thenammagazine, what a bummer about jesse ventura... he lets wwe make classic figures of him, too bad ht couldn't make it happen. I think you guys on these boards are doing an awesome job of making the other characters though.

Back