Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

Quick Post for the weekend.:yess: Here is another one of Trevs great Zoe sculpts from FireFly to go along with Kaylee. Went alittle further and added some real thread for her hair tie.

nvz2bp.png

mwv8yf.png

34gqzpi.png

Outstanding paint up!

Simply amazing Josh.

Like my girlfriends in high school, things usually look better from far away. However your work only gets better as you zoom in. The closeups on the eyes are flawless. I can only imagine how great they must look in hand at 1/6 scale.

Top notch work once again my friend.

Yeah, that's the best part of his work...the closer you get in, the more detail you discover...its really awesome work.

Skin tone test for an upcoming project.

slu05l.png

Last edited:

like a belly button...
realistic!
but maybe a bit too pink/reddish hue, don't know what that is though yet haha

like a belly button...
realistic!
but maybe a bit too pink/reddish hue, don't know what that is though yet haha

Alot of the time the pinkish hue is due to my camera setting. No matter how hard i try i can never get a true color reading. Im not totally finshed just yet, i have to go back and add slightly darker tones to it. Should have it wrapped up in the next day or so :monkey3

Last edited:

I'm reminded of a show I just saw that had a bit about painting prosthetic eyes, face parts, etc.

Last edited:

Alot of the time the pinkish hue is due to my camera setting. No matter how hard i try i can never get a true color reading. Im not totally finshed just yet, i have to go back and add slightly darker tones to it. Should have it wrapped up in the next day or so :monkey3

Cant wait...is it an older person? Figured with the spots and all - though I know nothing about skin hue in reality..... :)

Well, people with natural red hair have much more mottled skin, could be a clue.

Wrinkly+mottled=old
Smooth+mottled=young redhead

Or something like that.

Ok guys here he is, i finally got him wrapped up. Took me a few days. This was actually a rather challenging sculpt to paint because i couldnt get his fedora off. So i had to position him at weird angles to get all the detail in there. Glad he is finally done. :panic:

Also with all you guys putting in guesses gave me a little idea. I may do a monthly contest and post various pics if anyone can guess who the sculpt is i will give a discount on a repaint. This is something i may play around with at the end of the month.

Anyway here is PF Indy

nn9lar.jpg

29hr3r.png

Aww christ...I'll never look at my Indy PF the same ever again.

Tremendous work Josh, what I wouldn't give to own the PF that belongs to :monkey2

Outstanding work on the Indy PF Josh! I was thinking of sending the same piece to you for painting. SS paintwork just didn't do the sculpt justice IMHO.

Back