Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

damn that's beautiful. congrats on that beautiful head eczamurai! the br joker head has so much potential and it comes through josh or boot out. absolutely amazing!

So is that the DX or Bank Robber Joker sculpt? I can't tell now. :clap

It is actually the BR Joker. I closed the gap in the hair line and tried a different teqhnique when i applied the makeup. Imo this sculpt just looks far more accurate then the DX sculpt. Im looking forward to seeing it on the body :bunnydanc

It is actually the BR Joker. I closed the gap in the hair line and tried a different teqhnique when i applied the makeup. Imo this sculpt just looks far more accurate then the DX sculpt. Im looking forward to seeing it on the body :bunnydanc

In that case, you did an excellent job as usual Josh. The eyes look like a completely separate piece. :clap

Excellent work Josh!
I agree with you, I think the likeness is much better on the BR than the DX. I used my BR head, as it was an extra for me, as a temp for my own Interrogation Joker til I get my own special one done later this year. But your paint and tweaks on this BR look STELLAR! As always.
I always learn when I look at your work. Always. Thanks man. You rock! :rock

That Stark head looks fantastic... I've seen the images of the raw sculpt and always hoped I'd see a paint-up like that.

You did Grove's work justice :rock :rock :rock

Josh's best Joker yet? In my opinion yes it is! He TRULY closed his Joker painting carreer with a BANG!! :rock

2n8c48h.png

24bt1js.png

words cant describe how happy I am!

Outstanding! Almost makes me wish I had pulled the trigger on one of these.

hey josh,
this is just funny little idea i had,
(it could apply to many other talented painters on this board)
so, based on my own experience when painting heads, I found that it's easier to do 8-10 at a time so that I don't have to ever be waiting on a head to dry, etc.

It'd be kind of cool (maybe efficient)
if every month there was a "head subject (eg. joker)" that you would choose and you'd paint them all together. You could open it up to 10 people, first come first serve (or should i say... an auction??:panic:) and if you did this every month with different heads, people would be waiting anxiously every month to see what head it is and this way you can same heads at once. :peace

Excellent work Josh!
I agree with you, I think the likeness is much better on the BR than the DX. I used my BR head, as it was an extra for me, as a temp for my own Interrogation Joker til I get my own special one done later this year. But your paint and tweaks on this BR look STELLAR! As always.
I always learn when I look at your work. Always. Thanks man. You rock! :rock

Thanks Les your comments are always inspiring. Im anxious to see what your coming up with on yours. :hi5:

Great Joker!!

When you try different techniques do you come up with them yourself or search around for new ones? Just curious.

Appreciate it Ryu. I usually bring up several reference pictures of whoever/whatever the subject might be. I try to notice small details and figure out ways to recreate them with a brush.

Also thanks for the other comments and feedback fellas:1-1:

Here's a pic of the Mulder sculpt I had Josh paint a while back:

IMG_0718.jpg

I'll probably take some better pics soon, but I've been procrastinating in posting this custom.

Very nice! Love the pose you got Mulder in. Where did you get the skull on th ledge? I have been looking for a good 1:6 skull for while now.

Josh's best Joker yet? In my opinion yes it is! He TRULY closed his Joker painting carreer with a BANG!! :rock

2n8c48h.png

24bt1js.png

words cant describe how happy I am!

How do you do it... I mean honestly that looks like real makup. Congrats eczamurai.

Very nice! Love the pose you got Mulder in. Where did you get the skull on th ledge? I have been looking for a good 1:6 skull for while now.

I got the skull from the DCD Sandman figure. The Raven is attached to it, but could easily be removed (it's an excellent sculpt for a skull and pretty well painted too).

I got the skull from the DCD Sandman figure. The Raven is attached to it, but could easily be removed (it's an excellent sculpt for a skull and pretty well painted too).

Very nice. Funny thing is i didnt even notice the raven sitting on top of it. My eyes must be giving out on me :horror

Several things going out in the next few days. So if i contacted you your sculpts are coming.

Here is an Old Ben i got finished last week and forgot to post him:cuckoo:

15herew.png

Back