Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

I too sent you a PM, def have one piece I really feel your talent will make look out of this world!!!!

All Pm's replied to guys....i think:panic: Thanks for being patient. I have been really busy the past few weeks and working on orders where i can. I will have a few new posts coming up at the end of this week. :peace

Josh, your work is truly great, and as promised, I made some DX/your work comparison photos, and damn. Your eyes are more lifelike than the DX's.

TRULY a great piece of workmanship my friend, I'm very proud to call your work my most prices possesion in my collection!
Made a new custom card holding hand to make the setup complete, the other one didn't cut it next to this piece of AWESOME.

152kd9x.jpg

2je5uts.jpg

1zq7cpk.jpg

2ailgsk.jpg

n568ok.jpg

with the new hand based on the pic below, as well as Josh's paintjob based on the same pic:rock
2mfbv4o.jpg

2lca7u1.jpg

Will post sw'e'et daylifht pics tmorrow, but this is all I could do for now.. :(

Also, I have to point out that having this piece back, I had almost forgotten how much better the BR than the DX is sculptwise!

daaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaamn, with the repaint the br joker head looks miles better then the dx. congrats buddy, it looks soooo beautiful. :hi5:

Josh, your work is truly great, and as promised, I made some DX/your work comparison photos, and damn. Your eyes are more lifelike than the DX's.

TRULY a great piece of workmanship my friend, I'm very proud to call your work my most prices possesion in my collection!
Made a new custom card holding hand to make the setup complete, the other one didn't cut it next to this piece of AWESOME.

Will post sw'e'et daylifht pics tmorrow, but this is all I could do for now.. :(

Also, I have to point out that having this piece back, I had almost forgotten how much better the BR than the DX is sculptwise!

You know i had thought about PMing you today to see if you had received him yet and you beat me to the punch. Im glad to see he made the long journy safely. Those comparison shots are great. The DX sculpt looks a bit on the cartoony side next to the BR. Def looking forward to the full body pics!:hi5:

You know i had thought about PMing you today to see if you had received him yet and you beat me to the punch.

When someone gets your work back I'm pretty sure they're too busy marveling to be bothered with any kind of communication. When I got my Mal back from you I came straight home and told my wife to leave me alone for an hour while I took pictures and absorbed the awesomeness :lol

You know i had thought about PMing you today to see if you had received him yet and you beat me to the punch. Im glad to see he made the long journy safely. Those comparison shots are great. The DX sculpt looks a bit on the cartoony side next to the BR. Def looking forward to the full body pics!:hi5:

Well I actually did only just receive it a few hours ago, But it arrived in good condition, so my thanks and hat are off to you!

Am so thrilled to own this piece :D

Wow, this is the closest I've seen this particular figure look like the real thing... awesome work!!!

So is it the DX clothing, but a repainted BR head?

2ltm63k.jpg

Wow, this is the closest I've seen this particular figure look like the real thing... awesome work!!!

So is it the DX clothing, but a repainted BR head?

2ltm63k.jpg

yup, exactly that, but Blakus dyed my inner coat the blue color, but its eaSY to do yourself with Dylon china blue

I love these guys. I have honestly thought about picking them up for my collection. They look awsome on their bodies. Thanks for posting those pics Fett. Glad your enjoying them! :hi5:

Thanks Josh! Glad you like the pics of the heads on their armored Trooper bodies. It really is a pretty cool set, once the heads get a repaint and some slight futzing takes place. Definitely enjoying them! :rock

I have alot of sculpts on the painting table right now but just got done with Gandalf The Grey. The before paint was pretty bad. His skin tone almost looked like a pink marker. I wish i would have snapped off a before pic.

2mcdpu9.png

2mgv8g6.png

10ctg6g.png

I will be posting more soon:peace

Back