Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

Oldie But Goodie. I believe this was one of Sideshow more earlier 12" figure lines. Not a terrible likeness at all.

Mr.Blonde

Before
28ch55f.jpg

After
2d147wz.png

Last edited:

Here is a more true to life reading of the paint application. Im trying a few new things with lighting and settings on my camera. Seems like i have been fighting this forever:thud:

20qkvm8.png

Here is a more true to life reading of the paint application. Im trying a few new things with lighting and settings on my camera. Seems like i have been fighting this forever:thud:

20qkvm8.png

I like this lighting better.
but then again, nothing could hide the talent in your repaints. The sculpt looks almost completely different than the original now haha

I like this lighting better.
but then again, nothing could hide the talent in your repaints. The sculpt looks almost completely different than the original now haha

Thanks Daniel. Yeah usually when i take my photos its under a day glow type bulb. It was suppose to simulate true day light however i found it just adds more pinkish hues to everything. Soooo i started taking them under flourescent lighting. I find that gives a more true to life reading. God i hate digital photography:lol

Josh, thats freakin' awesome. It only amps me up for mine.

Attachments

• IMG_0782.JPG
    IMG_0782.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

It never ceases to amaze me, my eyes always pop out when I come in this thread. Sideshow really needs better painters cuz that Madsen sculpt looks great now. Well thanks to you. Good work, Josh. :clap

Love your work!! I'm sure it's been asked before, but, What paints are you using? And do you have any pics of your works in progress? I'm going to start doing some customs in the near future and would love to learn how you paint your heads and Faces!

It never ceases to amaze me, my eyes always pop out when I come in this thread. Sideshow really needs better painters cuz that Madsen sculpt looks great now. Well thanks to you. Good work, Josh. :clap

You are absolutely correct Vorhees27.

It truly makes you wonder how many great sculpts are getting overlooked because the likeness is completely lost in the painting process. Josh you are the master of doing justice to these types (and all others for that matter) of sculpts.

This has become my favorite thread on this forum. Once again Josh, you are the King my friend!! :duff

View attachment 27285
I can't believe this is the Sideshow sculpt on that Reservoir Dogs Mr. Blond. It looks so much more like Michael Madson now. I wanted these figure when I first heard Sideshow was doing them but the production paint makes them look terrible. I would love to see what a repaint of the Keitel or Tim Roth sculpts would look like.

Super Awesome Job Josh!!!

Everything you re paint I consider going to buy, the figures I passed on originally for poor likeness, I see now was just bad paint on a lot of them.

I love your re paints.

I can't believe how much Madsen was hiding under that horrible paint...amazing work Josh!

Realy Stunning Paintjob Josh, looks picture perfect.
I can almost smell these sculpts, thats how real they look.

Back