Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

Absolutely stunning! You totally captured Gandalf's sad eyes!

1) Is this from the Sideshow 1/6 figure?

2) Does this mean you might be doing more LOTR characters? :pray:

Thanks my friend:peace Yes this is indeed from the 1:6 LOTR Sideshow line. I wouldnt mind tackling the PF eventually. As for more characters coming up from the line its a good possibility :monkey3

I have alot of sculpts on the painting table right now but just got done with Gandalf The Grey. The before paint was pretty bad. His skin tone almost looked like a pink marker. I wish i would have snapped off a before pic.

2mcdpu9.png

2mgv8g6.png

10ctg6g.png

I will be posting more soon:peace

Great Great Work!!!

Thanks for posting those! I found one that shows the skin tone a bit better on the original factory paint. :horror

245kox2.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty much crap compared to yours. :lol

Thanks my friend:peace Yes this is indeed from the 1:6 LOTR Sideshow line. I wouldnt mind tackling the PF eventually. As for more characters coming up from the line its a good possibility :monkey3

My Boromir and Faramir are :panic:

245kox2.jpg

This is Gandalfs brother....the one that doesnt get invited over for Thanksgiving.

Your Gandalf is amazing as usual. You did a wonderful job on him. He is one of my favorite characters from the story.

The Gandalf repaint almost make me want to buy the figure (good thing I don't collect LOTR).

Josh, you really did an awesome job on Gandalf. I love dropping in on this sight just to see what magic you've preformed. I'm never disappointed. Thank you.

Old Grandpa

i just got done painting a few sculpts myself.
I felt pretty accomplished just for finishing them finally though now completely perfect,
and then I check your thread and blog to see if I'm even close and I realize you are the master at repainting and there's no way i can ever paint the eyes so clean like you do

fantastic gandalf, the slight freckles are always an excellent touch of yours

i just got done painting a few sculpts myself.
I felt pretty accomplished just for finishing them finally though now completely perfect,
and then I check your thread and blog to see if I'm even close and I realize you are the master at repainting and there's no way i can ever paint the eyes so clean like you do

fantastic gandalf, the slight freckles are always an excellent touch of yours

Awsome awsome compliment Thanks Daniel:hi5:

These are fantastic, Josh. You really gave them a paint job worthy of the sculpts. I can actually see myself sending you my heads to paint.:lol:clap

Thanks Nathan. When i look at those shots to me the Luke sculpt stands out the most. I can almost see Hamill making that expression in the film. You send me your Stormies ill send you my Pred :lol

Back