Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

Close up shot showing alot of the detail you probably wouldn't pick up unless you had a magnifier.

6fbl1i.png

Un-Freaking-Believable work Josh....

I thought you retired Old Ben though, trying out a new technique? I would love to get my Obi in to you if you ever get the itch to paint him again. :D

:bow Thanks my friend. I finally got a little break in my work schedule so i will be posting more stuff in the next several days. Lots more a comin! :yess:

:yess: :pray:

Un-Freaking-Believable work Josh....

I thought you retired Old Ben though, trying out a new technique? I would love to get my Obi in to you if you ever get the itch to paint him again. :D

:yess: :pray:

Thanks Marf. Old Ben was on the retired list. That particular one i had on my shelf for awhile and finally had a chance to rock him out. I may open him back up for a very limited run once i get all caught up. :wink1:

Hey Josh, so glad to see you with brush in hand again. Waiting patiently for a glimpse of what you do to Wash and rest of the Firefly sculpts. As you know, I've never given up on you. I knew you'd get back to it sooner or later.

Old Grandpa

Thanks guys for the feedback. As I mentioned i will be posting more this week. My break from work is only short lived however until the summer. :impatient:
I will begin to take on more orders once things are cleared up on my end.

Beautiful work as always, but that sculpt hasn't aged very well. It's not nearly as good as I used to think it was.

Beautiful work as always, but that sculpt hasn't aged very well. It's not nearly as good as I used to think it was.

My thought as well... I've seen other repaints a few years ago and been very impressed. Here she looks kind of moosefaced :lol

Beautiful paint work as always though... no fault of the painter :lecture

Thanks for the comments fellas.

You're def right. I was thinking the same thing when i was painting her. Its def not a terrible likeness by any means but i would love to see it reworked with more detailing and skin texture. We are to spoiled with HT quality:lol

That Old Ben repaint is outta the park! :bow

I really like seeing the before and after pics. I think it's just amazing how much you can improve something that I thought was really good to start with.

Back