Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

Looks amazing - the only critique I'd have is that it seems the eyes are not exactly aligned, the left pupil appears to be looking slightly straighter and looks like its painted slightly larger than the right one (when facing the sculpt)

Absolutely AMAZING work on John McClane Josh! WOW! :clap

I can see why it took so long to get just right. Your paint-ups are always so fantastic! :bow

Bruce

15gt36f.png

20rwj2g.png

2078e94.png

9uyiqa.png

Brilliant work as usual. love the blood color. perfect tint.

He looks fantastic! Amazing paint work again Josh.
It's hard to believe it's 1/6th scale. Love the coloration under his eyes.
Almost looks 1:1!

Thanks for the feedback on Bruce. Fun sculpt to paint but probably the last one i will ever do:lol Way to much detailing. Plenty more updates coming.

That bald Willis looks amazing, Josh. I just painted that same sculpt with the hair, so it's kinda of weird to see the same piece with such a different take. I love the way you do the forehead mottling.

That bald Willis looks amazing, Josh. I just painted that same sculpt with the hair, so it's kinda of weird to see the same piece with such a different take. I love the way you do the forehead mottling.

Thanks Nathan. :1-1: I really would have liked to have painted up the younger Willis.
I always wanted to make a Moonlighting custom figure

52mb9l.jpg

totally kidding :monkey3
Anxious to see how you rendered yours. :peace

Last edited:

It's amazing how different the hair makes the sculpt look. I think the sculpt looks better bald actually. And I think you're much better at photograghing your pieces than I am.

I really love your wound details.

If you want to see my McClane, the clean version is up in my thread. He's going to get a full battle-damage, final showdown makeover next.

The bald version and the version with hair are different. I have both. Erick knocked some "weight" off the younger version.

Really, really nice work as always, Josh. It's great to see new work. Skin variations and sheen are just perfectly lifelike. The wounds actually hurt to look at.

This thread has been silent way to long. It's going on a month since there has been a posting here. I know it's the holidays, but still.

Old Grandpa

Josh has been getting over a cold I think, he told me to expect some updates soon :duff

Back