Snake Eyes and Timber Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seems a bust, noone is buying this thing. Exclusive version still not even low inventory yet.

I think SSC should make some $200 gi joe vehicle/plane statues, that way you can put the 12" figures in them. They will sell much better

The way the other polystone items are selling for SSC, and keeping in mind that a smaller ES = a higher price, that'd be a recipe for bankruptcy.

Not for 1:1's, for the most part they do sell out, and a lower es would be tempting to alot of collectors, they can keep the low ES and make it affordable, Venom sold for $450 and had 300, Spidey was $400 and had 250. If the sculpt is good enough it will sell, ones like Carnage and the new venom don't sell because the sculpt is not what most wanted, if they were better sculpts/paint apps they would sell out very quick. I know I am not the only one that likes 1:1's, small enough es and they could do well.

seems a bust, noone is buying this thing. Exclusive version still not even low inventory yet.

I think SSC should make some $200 gi joe vehicle/plane statues, that way you can put the 12" figures in them. They will sell much better

Statues nowadays take much longer to sell out, very few get that instant sell out anymore, mainly because many are not interested in dropping the NRD. Which if anything weeds out the scaplers and people that just order to order, giving chances to people that actually want the item.

I would buy Joe vehicles :clap

Not for 1:1's, for the most part they do sell out, and a lower es would be tempting to alot of collectors, they can keep the low ES and make it affordable, Venom sold for $450 and had 300, Spidey was $400 and had 250. If the sculpt is good enough it will sell, ones like Carnage and the new venom don't sell because the sculpt is not what most wanted, if they were better sculpts/paint apps they would sell out very quick. I know I am not the only one that likes 1:1's, small enough es and they could do well.

:exactly: True, most of the LSBs and 1/4 scales do sell out eventually, take the recent Rogue/Cyclops PF which are sold out in a day/days. If Carnage and Venom 1:1 had a mainstream look, they would have sold out too. The ES and price of this was just set too high so may take a while but the sculpt is decent.

:nono You're not taking into account that this is G.I. Joe. You can't use format comparisons here, you have to know the license and how it sells. It's not Marvel, not by a looooooooooong shot. I'd guesstimate that a good 75% (and I'm probably lowballing that percentage) are cheap Hasbro collectors that denounce everything not made by Hasbro. Swing over to Hisstank.com for proof. It's hard enough getting Joe collectors to spring for $100 high-end action figures. Look at the statues and dios and how not-well the PF and com are selling. You really think Joe collectors are gonna pay EVEN MORE for a low ES 1:1 bust? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

:nono You're not taking into account that this is G.I. Joe. You can't use format comparisons here, you have to know the license and how it sells. It's not Marvel, not by a looooooooooong shot. I'd guesstimate that a good 75% (and I'm probably lowballing that percentage) are cheap Hasbro collectors that denounce everything not made by Hasbro. Swing over to Hisstank.com for proof. It's hard enough getting Joe collectors to spring for $100 high-end action figures. Look at the statues and dios and how not-well the PF and com are selling. You really think Joe collectors are gonna pay EVEN MORE for a low ES 1:1 bust? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

True I have always agreed that most Joe fans are quite cheap, no arguing there, I know these wouldn't get made anytime soon, of course the other lines would have to gain some momentum before venturing into 1:1 busts, but it could be a possibility. If the bust is an amazing sculpt I can see it selling out eventually, there are many cheap Joe collectors but also plenty of rich ones too that are willing to drop $ on Joe collectibles. I cannot be the only one....:dunno Either way not producing 1:1 busts will not stop me from getting some eventually, I have been wanting to commission some for a long time, and maybe if my skill gets better I can just make my own!

As for the statues already, SS just needs to put out what the on the fence collectors want, good quality 1:4 statues, dios always have had a bad rap, even though the 2 released so far are quite good. The PF Cobra Commander isn't what many wanted, I like it don't love it, still ordered but was hoping something more similar to the cartoon lighter blue outfit etc... This Snake eyes is beyond awesome not too many complaints about the actual statue except for size and price. If this was 1:4 I bet it would have sold out, NRD's don't help much either, takes awhile for most items to sell out nowadays.

True I have always agreed that most Joe fans are quite cheap, no arguing there, I know these wouldn't get made anytime soon, of course the other lines would have to gain some momentum before venturing into 1:1 busts, but it could be a possibility. If the bust is an amazing sculpt I can see it selling out eventually, there are many cheap Joe collectors but also plenty of rich ones too that are willing to drop $ on Joe collectibles. I cannot be the only one....:dunno Either way not producing 1:1 busts will not stop me from getting some eventually, I have been wanting to commission some for a long time, and maybe if my skill gets better I can just make my own!

As for the statues already, SS just needs to put out what the on the fence collectors want, good quality 1:4 statues, dios always have had a bad rap, even though the 2 released so far are quite good. The PF Cobra Commander isn't what many wanted, I like it don't love it, still ordered but was hoping something more similar to the cartoon lighter blue outfit etc... This Snake eyes is beyond awesome not too many complaints about the actual statue except for size and price. If this was 1:4 I bet it would have sold out, NRD's don't help much either, takes awhile for most items to sell out nowadays.

Snake Eyes 1/4 will be very popular if he's done right, him and Storm Shadow will be popular even with NRD.

The dios not selling has nothing to do with "bad rap." People are genuinely disinterested. Not sure what you're talking about with the Cobra Commander PF, it's straight out of the cartoon. If there was a Cobra Commander PF people wanted, it would be this. The cape is removable and he even comes with a hooded alternative. Again, given both the Ex and Reg are still available, chalk it up to genuine disinterest. Snake Eyes is cool and all, but he's yet another scale in another format. If people weren't interested in the dios, or the PF, why the hell would they bite on a com? Blaming the NRD is an excuse as well. All the NRD does is prevent people from ordering and cancelling when the processing notice arrives. It's genuine disinterest that's to blame for these things not selling like you think they should be.

Now I'm not saying there aren't Joe fans that don't like statues and dios and any and all things polystone, but I'd argue that first and foremost the people ordering these are statue collectors, not G.I. Joe collectors. The sheer difference in freaks between these threads and every other Joe thread here proves that. And any smart business worth their weight in the industry would pay close attention to those who collect the license over those who collect formats.

If you have the Snake Eyes dio, by definition that makes you a Joe collector. Just like if you had Star Wars statues you are are a Star Wars collector just like those that collect the other formats.

And any smart business worth their weight in the industry would pay close attention to those who collect the license over those who collect formats.
Too bad that Sideshow specializes in statues, then. Because you know that's always gonna be their preference. They're better at it than they are at 1/6th scale, and I suspect they make much better profits with it. So it makes sense for them to do statues over figures if you think about it in the abstract. Though I do agree that Joe fans generally want figures, if figures were all folks were gonna buy, then Sideshow might as well hand the license over the HT IMO.

Well.... :lol

The only time I fail to flush is at the stand up urinal in a public restroom, and that's done purposely to avoid touching the handle. :lecture
I'll usually kick it out of courtesy to others who may want to use it. You don't want to experience backsplash from a urine-filled urinal, or to deal with the strong smell if pee-pee in the air.

Last edited:
Back