Snake Eyes and Timber Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dios not selling has nothing to do with "bad rap." People are genuinely disinterested. Not sure what you're talking about with the Cobra Commander PF, it's straight out of the cartoon. If there was a Cobra Commander PF people wanted, it would be this. The cape is removable and he even comes with a hooded alternative. Again, given both the Ex and Reg are still available, chalk it up to genuine disinterest. Snake Eyes is cool and all, but he's yet another scale in another format. If people weren't interested in the dios, or the PF, why the hell would they bite on a com? Blaming the NRD is an excuse as well. All the NRD does is prevent people from ordering and cancelling when the processing notice arrives. It's genuine disinterest that's to blame for these things not selling like you think they should be.

Now I'm not saying there aren't Joe fans that don't like statues and dios and any and all things polystone, but I'd argue that first and foremost the people ordering these are statue collectors, not G.I. Joe collectors. The sheer difference in freaks between these threads and every other Joe thread here proves that. And any smart business worth their weight in the industry would pay close attention to those who collect the license over those who collect formats.

Dios in general just aren't that popular, I would rather have full sized statues than dios, and I am sure most would also, not saying I do't like dios I just prefer the larger statues. Most take awhile to sell out and many you can find cheap, even SW picked up a few for over $100 less than retail on each one. I don't think people liked the SE vs Ninjas because it wasn't Stormshadow, or Cobra Troopers, I loved the ninjas and understood the reference.

Ok, you are right it was loosely based on a Cobra Commander, in the movie I believe? Can't remember, but it is still not what many that voiced their opinion wanted, I would have prefered something more like this, with a bit of an updated touch:

I think that would appeal to more fans.

I don't see people not ordering as disinterest, more they just can't afford it, being the first few pieces in the line it is a slow start and they are not as important to collectors. I am not a huge marvel fan and many other licenses, but buy many of the statues from those licenses, because as of now I can. Alot of lines don't do well at first, even Ryu from popculture shock was around for awhile.

I try to stay positive because I know the track record most Joe statue lines go through, and it is not too good, but even back then I was turned off by price, becuase there wasn't much else to compare it with, people are alot more comfortable with purchaing large statues at high prices.

These will sell out eventually, most things do, that is really all that matters, otherwise why put out more Joe dios if the first 2 haven't sold out?

Most statue collectors unfortunatly will just get the few characters that interest them probably mainly Storm Shadow and SE, that is what I am worried about most, is you put too much SE out and the line will die out quickly. I have a strong feeling the Joe line will not be around for TOO long, I just hope they can get out as much as they can, and hopefully there will be some supporters of the line, at least enough to make it to the next piece.

Too bad that Sideshow specializes in statues, then. Because you know that's always gonna be their preference. They're better at it than they are at 1/6th scale, and I suspect they make much better profits with it. So it makes sense for them to do statues over figures if you think about it in the abstract. Though I do agree that Joe fans generally want figures, if figures were all folks were gonna buy, then Sideshow might as well hand the license over the HT IMO.

Good lord don't give them ideas!

Although, they would be replacing the SS ones....hhmmmm....Just as long as we don't get movie versions :horror

I'll usually kick it out of courtesy to others who may want to use it. You don't want to experience backsplash from a urine-filled urinal, or to deal with the strong smell if pee-pee in the air.

I'll kick the handle of a normal toilet but the stand up ones are a little high so I go with an elbow, especially here at work.

Too bad that Sideshow specializes in statues, then. Because you know that's always gonna be their preference. They're better at it than they are at 1/6th scale, and I suspect they make much better profits with it. So it makes sense for them to do statues over figures if you think about it in the abstract. Though I do agree that Joe fans generally want figures, if figures were all folks were gonna buy, then Sideshow might as well hand the license over the HT IMO.

I disagree. Having collected all the formats, I think they definitely place second when it comes to 1/6 figures. It's a shame they're using them to bait people into polystone.

Well.... :lol

The only time I fail to flush is at the stand up urinal in a public restroom, and that's done purposely to avoid touching the handle. :lecture

I'll kick the handle of a normal toilet but the stand up ones are a little high so I go with an elbow, especially here at work.

Axe kick FTW! That's the only way I flush that stuff. Irony though, most people will flush it, then wash their hands and touch the door handle on the way out. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

I hate it when bathrooms don't have paper towels or the foot grabber on the door. I ain't touching no nasty door knob or handle to leave a public bathroom.

eeww biggest peeve, people who don't wash their hands, I can NEVER open a public door without a napkin/tissue, not after hearing some of the sounds in a restroom...blech!

The fact that you're even posting here proves my point anyway. :lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

Whatever, I been a G.I. joe fan all my life. I had all the toys, comics and cartoons and I passed them on to my kid so spew more bile ignorant one. :dunno

Last edited:
Well, the last couple pages have been intersting. I would say just because you buy a Snake Eyes dio, statue, or PF (if it was to happen) doesn't make you a Joe collector. It just makes you a collector who happened to like that particular piece. Now, if you have many other pieces from that license (even made by different companies) that would tend to make you more a collector of that license.

Dios in general just aren't that popular, I would rather have full sized statues than dios, and I am sure most would also, not saying I do't like dios I just prefer the larger statues.

:goodpost: Prefer the FS statue myself but that dio was awesome!

Alot of lines don't do well at first, even Ryu from popculture shock was around for awhile.

True, Ryu was on sale for a long while and look how popular he became. Even the Marvel started off slow at first.

I try to stay positive because I know the track record most Joe statue lines go through, and it is not too good, but even back then I was turned off by price, becuase there wasn't much else to compare it with, people are alot more comfortable with purchaing large statues at high prices.

These will sell out eventually, most things do, that is really all that matters, otherwise why put out more Joe dios if the first 2 haven't sold out?

Once Snake Eyes and baroness comes out it will help CC PF sales.

Most statue collectors unfortunatly will just get the few characters that interest them probably mainly Storm Shadow and SE, that is what I am worried about most, is you put too much SE out and the line will die out quickly. I have a strong feeling the Joe line will not be around for TOO long, I just hope they can get out as much as they can, and hopefully there will be some supporters of the line, at least enough to make it to the next piece.[/QUOTE]

Same here, hope they can get as much stuff out as they can.

eeww biggest peeve, people who don't wash their hands, I can NEVER open a public door without a napkin/tissue, not after hearing some of the sounds in a restroom...blech!

I hear you bro'! If I can give the public restroom door the old shoulder to open that's how I would prefer to roll, but if that option is not available. I'm going with the napkins in the hand technique. I try not to touch anything in public with an open hand if I can help it.

:goodpost: Prefer the FS statue myself but that dio was awesome!

True, Ryu was on sale for a long while and look how popular he became. Even the Marvel started off slow at first.

Once Snake Eyes and baroness comes out it will help CC PF sales.

Most statue collectors unfortunatly will just get the few characters that interest them probably mainly Storm Shadow and SE, that is what I am worried about most, is you put too much SE out and the line will die out quickly. I have a strong feeling the Joe line will not be around for TOO long, I just hope they can get out as much as they can, and hopefully there will be some supporters of the line, at least enough to make it to the next piece.

Same here, hope they can get as much stuff out as they can.[/QUOTE]

I hope Baroness is shown on July 1st!! :panic: She will become my new screensaver!

Back