Sovereign Studios Newt Project ALIENS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you like it, Wor-Gar. Still going over body options. By the way, who made that Goldfinger in your signature?? That thing is freakin' amazing! Even the shot perspective looks great, the background scale. Looks like the actor standing in your kitchen!!

How about the Mezco 9" figures they made for the Warriors and the up coming Heroes figures?
IMG_1938.JPG

Might not have the right proportions for Newt though. They said they're also making 9" females for Heroes as well, maybe that would fit better?

The only other option I can think of is the DID child body which I hear is hard to track down affordably.

How about the Mezco 9" figures they made for the Warriors and the up coming Heroes figures?
IMG_1938.JPG

Might not have the right proportions for Newt though. They said they're also making 9" females for Heroes as well, maybe that would fit better?

The only other option I can think of is the DID child body which I hear is hard to track down affordably.

The did child bodies may be the best option, although they are prolly 9". They would need leg and arm surgery (no biggie) to get them to a 7-8" Newt height and they included three sets of hands in the box set. The Mego 8" bodies (female or boy) may also work well although the articulation would be limited. I want to be able to pose mine wrapped around Ripley.

As far as did, they made two or three figs with child bodies: Timo, Weber and I think the new cj7. I'm sure there are other alternatives out there. I'll research the thread as one of us already has a body for theirs...

The did child bodies may be the best option, although they are prolly 9". They would need leg and arm surgery (no biggie) to get them to a 7-8" Newt height and they included three sets of hands in the box set. The Mego 8" bodies (female or boy) may also work well although the articulation would be limited. I want to be able to pose mine wrapped around Ripley.

As far as did, they made two or three figs with child bodies: Timo, Weber and I think the new cj7. I'm sure there are other alternatives out there. I'll research the thread as one of us already has a body for theirs...

The customized one on this board uses a Hasbro Anakin body which has limited articulation. I forgot about the Mego bodies, those just might work.

8" mego bodies are everywhere, may have to dremel the chest as Les did

I found that old post...

just becuase I'm a nut for poseability, I'm gonna go for a 220 Kai, like edward elric uses :)

Latest update for anyone who missed it...

Holy crap!:horror An update!:banana

Head is done, outfit is about half there. Here's a breakdown of the image below:

1) The sculpt as it was when I first completed it; the preliminary stage.
2) "Before" is a painted cast of the prelim. sculpt with temp hair. "After" is the same image, manipulated in photoshop to decide what I did wrong. It's a highly useful step, keeps you from physically resculpting a thing over and over. Here, the chin is shorter and more child-like and the eyes are lowered/moved slightly closer together. I think this really captured what she needed to look like, according to that very particular expression you guys wanted.
3) The revised physical sculpt, done from the digital correction.

newtchronicle.jpg

DSC02470.jpg

Last edited:
OK, those funny little wooden illustrators' dummies will NOT work. They have no swivel action in the hips, so you couldn't wrap her legs around Ripley. And according to pjam, those DiD boy bodies are 10.5" tall. On the upside, I should have photos of a finished head and clothes by Monday!:banana
And the wooden body is at least the right size. It will work as a model so I can get the costume going while we hunt bodies.

Last edited:
Yeah, got this email today...

10.5 inches to top of head.
Paul McGrath
Toy Soldier Brigade

That's a lot of surgery. I guess as long as she can hold Casey and wrap around Ripley most of the guys will be okay with that modded Mego, it's just easier to work with... but geez it looks crappy. :lol

And thanks for the Update Shawn, seeing a proto Newt in outfit will be very cool. I hope we see one with faux hair.

I was wondering, for the engineer coverall pinstriping, does it make sense to create some kind of mult-edged template and just print/paint the lines on material before cutting?

Last edited:
Everyone should buy multiple hobbits for the bodies - problem solved!

(and use the affiliate links when you do...)

What's all this about 9"? She needs to be just at 8".
Be careful guys! You may be overworking this one.
Keep her small. Scale. Too much sawing makes Jack (or in this case, Shawn) and dull boy!
I say, go with Mego standard male bodies. Perfect height, filled out proportionately, can be sanded down musclewise, and besides, NONE OF THAT WILL SHOW! So, you want a non-developed female youth. No tits. Regular female bodies are not filled out enough.
Only other route is Obitsu kid bodies,and they run high. but they may work.

Hope this helps. And yes, Paul, grind those muscles off! Works like a charm.

Or like Dave says, buy lots of Hobbits...

What's all this about 9"? She needs to be just at 8".
Be careful guys! You may be overworking this one.
Keep her small. Scale. Too much sawing makes Jack (or in this case, Shawn) and dull boy!
I say, go with Mego standard male bodies. Perfect height, filled out proportionately, can be sanded down musclewise, and besides, NONE OF THAT WILL SHOW! So, you want a non-developed female youth. No tits. Regular female bodies are not filled out enough.
Only other route is Obitsu kid bodies,and they run high. but they may work.

Hope this helps. And yes, Paul, grind those muscles off! Works like a charm.

Or like Dave says, buy lots of Hobbits...

Yes indeed. I defer to Les' better judgment, as always. She should be around 8"... Newt came up to Ripley's lower bust line/ lower rib cage line in the film. Now, I have an extended leg Ripley which is 12" at least so that works out perfectly. I took a tape measure to some 12" Figs today and 8" will work well.

Except for feet, Dave! :monkey3

Hobbits do sound interesting, except for the feet, guess you would have to chop them up. But I'm not buying a Hobbit fig just for the body, maybe someone will part them out one day or HT/SSc might someday release the bodies, but when?

So as Les said 8" Mego standard male bodies are the way to go.

Last edited:
On the upside, I should have photos of a finished head and clothes by Monday! :banana
And the wooden body is at least the right size. It will work as a model so I can get the costume going while we hunt bodies.

This NEWS from Shawn certainly bears repeating... :D

Here's the grab DekDave provided from the SE Feature, prolly the best shot of Newt's shoes. They look like Adidas. Pics icruise provided look to be navy blue with gray/light blue trim.

shoes1.jpg

Last edited:
Are Newt's pants legs ripped open up the side, at the cuff?? It really looks like it in that pic.

newtf.jpg
newtb.jpg

It appears the right inseam ankle area was ripped/cut in this Archive shot. As it is in that "scene break" shot... although in the break scene it appears to be the outside seam, I think it was just twisted around...

Last edited:
No, the shot isn't flipped. A quick image search is showing me Ripley wore her watch on the left wrist, as in the photo. Thos same shots confirm she is right-handed by the way she is holding the pulse rifle and in the shot above she is holding her cigarette in her right hand. What I'm looking at is Newt's left leg. Her ankle is exposed, yet you see a large portion of her pants spilling over her foot. If her pants are that long and her ankle is exposed, it indicates to me her pantleg is ripped pretty far up the outter seam.

Maybe the pics of the costume are flipped? Hard to tell, since both knees are torn out. But the rear shot seems to show heavy damage to the left sleeve. I do not see that in the off-camera shot, which would mean that damage must have been on the right side.

I know the scene break shot wasn't flipped. Hard to tell whether her left pantleg was also cut from both sides or one in that archive shot, but I get your point. In the scene break it's her left pantleg, in the archive shot, it seems to be the right pantleg.

But I imagine it's a minor thing as we can cut her jeans to our liking.

Last edited:
Are we really talking about the slightly shorter length on the leg of the overalls here? :lol That's dedication to detail.

I'm so amped to see the pics of the outfit tomorrow. And Shawn, I know it's still a WIP.

Are we really talking about the slightly shorter length on the leg of the overalls here? :lol That's dedication to detail.

I'm so amped to see the pics of the outfit tomorrow. And Shawn, I know it's still a WIP.

No, we're talking about the slice/rip in the pantleg in the ankle area. You can see the cut in the scene break on her left ankle and the cut appears on the right ankle area in the archive shot. And yes, that is attention to detail. :D

Back