Speeder Bike & Scout PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ONLY thing I think should be done, more than even size, is the base could be a little bit more "woodsy", but it is a proto so who knows?! If not, I'll get some astro turf!

choopie said:
From reading this thread though, price appears to be a major issue and the bike is contributing to that.

People were floored when they saw this. After a day or so the economics kicked in. Possibly after speaking with their spouses. :lol

The concern about the price is valid. However, if the ES is indeed closer to 1,000 pieces then dealers will have them discounted. So at around $680 it is certainly attainable. Also remember that folks around here are SW fans at heart. As much as I see "easy pass...Sideshow is crazy with that price" comments I also see "I got mine just in case...I got it approved by the wife" comments when is up for preorder. :rolleyes:

creature4000 said:
This is way better then dropping a grand or 500 bucks on a Bust! :D

This is what I say. Everything is relative and people see value on something where others do not. Some people see ten 12" figures and they think it's worth the $800. Others see three regular PF's and see the value on their $800.

Collectors here were raving about Yoda 1:1 bust for $550. On and on talking about making a custom cane, I got so many flex pays to go, etc, etc. I am in a minority that thinks that the likeness was okay but not spot on. It is not the grail Yoda bust that I picture in my mind. Again, $550 bucks for that.

I see the Scout with Bike and I see an awesome piece. Large size and lots of stuff going on with it in terms of detail. I prefer it to the Yoda bust and that's how I put it into perspective when people say "you are crazy...blah blah that thing is not worth $800...blah blah...ABS plastic...blah blah". While some are buying $800 worth of 12" figures/busts and condemning Sideshow, others are making the hard choices to get Biker Scouts with Bikes... :D

Darth Loki said:
One of the great things about SS is the 30 refund policy though. I think I've pretty much decided that not only do I have no where to put it, I can't afford it either. :monkey2

I love the return policy, but I can only imagine(with horror) the cost of return shipping this beast!:D

customizerwannabe said:
I love the return policy, but I can only imagine(with horror) the cost of return shipping this beast!:D

But those costs are covered by SS, right? :D

I am back in town after having missed all of the CIV coverage and I jumped out of my seat when I saw this announcement. I couldn't be happier with this news and I can't wait to order this piece--not sure where it's going, but I will find a place for something this cool.

Now I have a lot of threads to catch up on...

tomandshell said:
I am back in town after having missed all of the CIV coverage and I jumped out of my seat when I saw this announcement. I couldn't be happier with this news and I can't wait to order this piece--not sure where it's going, but I will find a place for something this cool.

Now I have a lot of threads to catch up on...

Welcom back buddy. I was wondering where you were all weekend.

A lot of good news to come home to. Have you seen the new Clone Wars trailer :monkey5

Darth Loki said:
Welcom back buddy. I was wondering where you were all weekend.

A lot of good news to come home to. Have you seen the new Clone Wars trailer :monkey5

Yes!

Honestly, it's a little overwhelming trying to catch up on all this. I have been away for most of the last two and a half weeks. I was able to be home to catch the Lost finale and then it was back on the road. Coming home to such a backlog of news, I'm not sure how long it will take to read all of the threads I have missed.

:google

But without a doubt, the most important thing is the new Star Wars PF!

Batty said:
I just thought I'd share this photo I took at the Smithsonian Magic and Myth exhibit 9 years ago with the proto pic.

Looks pretty darned accurate to me. :D

Also, how do you guys know they didn't knock $150 off the price tag? ;) Maybe they wanted to sell it for $950, but someone at Sideshow said something daft like, "Hey, I don't think that speeder bike is quite to scale." And some other dude said, "Hey, you're right. We'd better cut the price, then. Otherwise, it's back to the drawing table." :cool:

Furthermore, a biker scout without the bike is just a stormtrooper with tunnel vision and blaster strapped to his ankle.

Ok fine alright. Dang, I am starting to feel like a member of the nerd patrol...

Here's what I want to know- Sideshow- are you going to adjust the scale of the piece? Or is it finished? I think the majority of people want it to be a little longer, and the ones who think it is ok would probably not care if it was a little longer. My wife is fine with its length. But she does not collect Star Wars stuff. :confused: :D

So Sideshow- please- let us nuclear-powered star wars collectors know- will you be adjusting the scale?

I am going to post this as a new thread and hopefully get a response.

Did we get any hints during the CIV coverage as to dimensions on this thing?

It's going to take me a long time to read back through the entire thread from the beginning...

tomandshell said:

It's going to take me a long time to read back through the entire thread from the beginning...

About 30-33 inches in length.

*cues perfect segue for Tom's "That what she said picture* :lol :lol

tomandshell said:

Tom
From what I understand it is like 34" long and $800 I would guess you already know that.

jason2885 said:
Tom
From what I understand it is like 34" long and $800 I would guess you already know that.

0000004453_20060919223610.jpg

"That's what she said."​

Back