Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got back from watching it and I loved it, not only was this the best expirience I've had at the cinema, it was also one of the best, most entertaining movies I've watched in recent memory, and mainly because it is a fantastic Spider-Man movie, granted it isn't perfect, MCU humor doesn't land some times as usual and I wish some moments were longer and more fleshed out, but what it does well it's done REALLY well, it gives the fans tons of fan service and a proper story arc for Holland's Spider-Man, not only does this make the first two MCU Spidey movies more meaningful it also opens tons of doors for movies led by a more mature and wiser Holland Spidey not living in the shadow of Iron-Man or dependent on anyone else.

And of course, with no spoilers at all, yes it was amazing seeing all the old and familiar faces back, Dafoe stole the show from the rest of the villains, Molina had some great banter and a nice little touching moment at the end, Electro actually worked really well in this movies and it was a treat seeing Jamie Foxx take another shot at the character, Lizard and Sandman were definitely sidelined though but not a huge problem in my opinion since the cast is already huge and at it's core the story is primarily focused on Tom's Peter Parker dealing with the consequences of his actions.

Overall it was a hell of a rollercoaster with tons of cheering, especially torwards the middle and end of the movie and even tears, definitely in my top three Spidey movies alongside Spider-Man 2 and Into The Spider-Verse, if you're a Spidey fan and you're looking not only for a good time but a phenomenal Spider-Man story I definitely recommend it!

I got back from watching it and I loved it, not only was this the best expirience I've had at the cinema, it was also one of the best, most entertaining movies I've watched in recent memory, and mainly because it is a fantastic Spider-Man movie, granted it isn't perfect, MCU humor doesn't land some times as usual and I wish some moments were longer and more fleshed out, but what it does well it's done REALLY well, it gives the fans tons of fan service and a proper story arc for Holland's Spider-Man, not only does this make the first two MCU Spidey movies more meaningful it also opens tons of doors for movies led by a more mature and wiser Holland Spidey not living in the shadow of Iron-Man or dependent on anyone else.

And of course, with no spoilers at all, yes it was amazing seeing all the old and familiar faces back, Dafoe stole the show from the rest of the villains, Molina had some great banter and a nice little touching moment at the end, Electro actually worked really well in this movies and it was a treat seeing Jamie Foxx take another shot at the character, Lizard and Sandman were definitely sidelined though but not a huge problem in my opinion since the cast is already huge and at it's core the story is primarily focused on Tom's Peter Parker dealing with the consequences of his actions.

Overall it was a hell of a rollercoaster with tons of cheering, especially torwards the middle and end of the movie and even tears, definitely in my top three Spidey movies alongside Spider-Man 2 and Into The Spider-Verse, if you're a Spidey fan and you're looking not only for a good time but a phenomenal Spider-Man story I definitely recommend it!
They way they used Sandman didn’t really make much sense tbh.

Yeah maybe. There were a lot of those two actors at a simple location but it was a reshoot so they were green screened two days before the premiere vibe to it shots.
Listening to a podcast and the number one problem is cinemas are not maintaining the digital projectors. They don’t last long and any projector needs constant maintenance.
What a movie, finally feels like Tom Hollands Spidey has come into his own (ironically).

Green Goblin and Doc Ock were amazing, I just wish we got more from them.

Side note: People that cheer, clap and scream during movies deserve to burn in the lowest depths of hell
Are we bothering with spoiler tags lol?

Molina and Dafoe seemed to be relishing it

They way they used Sandman didn’t really make much sense tbh.
Him and Connors were definitely sidelined but his motivations were still the same, at the end he isn't fighting because he wants to remain as a sand man but rather because he wants to get back to his universe, Connors was still ridiculous wanting to turn everyone into a lizard lol, Goblin, Doc Ock and Electro were definitely the main 3 villains no doubt about it, and it was a treat watching them, especially Dafoe, damn he stole every scene he was in.

Always bothers me about these movies. Iron Man, War Machine, Cap - they wear their helmets to the battle, but once it starts, they take them off in actual combat?
It’s like buying fresh food at the supermarket, you have to take your mask off so you can banter wittily.

Him and Connors were definitely sidelined but his motivations were still the same, at the end he isn't fighting because he wants to remain as a sand man but rather because he wants to get back to his universe, Connors was still ridiculous wanting to turn everyone into a lizard lol, Goblin, Doc Ock and Electro were definitely the main 3 villains no doubt about it, and it was a treat watching them, especially Dafoe, damn he stole every scene he was in.
They were going to send him home anyway though, kinda dumb.

Dafoe and Molina were the highlights, they just needed more screentime imo.

They were going to send him home anyway though, kinda dumb.

Dafoe and Molina were the highlights, they just needed more screentime imo.
My biggest let down was how abrupt Dafoe's final scene was, I was waiting for an interaction that never came, a real shame.

How is the new Goblin outfit?
As others have said it's his old suit covered in rags of a purple hoodie, he only wears googles briefly at the end, I thought it was quite nice as it showed Dafoe's crazy expressions but do wish we had more time with the mask which was pretty much none at all.

Kinda weird for the last 5-10 minutes Norman is just sitting there in time out with nobody acknowledging him at all.
I was waiting for someone to at least aknowledge him but nope he just sat there like a toddler expiriencing vietnam flashbacks lol, as I said it was my biggest letdown considering how much interactiom the rest of the cast had with each other.

I was waiting for someone to at least aknowledge him but nope he just sat there like a toddler expiriencing vietnam flashbacks lol, as I said it was my biggest letdown considering how much interactiom the rest of the cast had with each other.
Tom should have said that he forgives him, have Norman ask "what for?" and then tell him it doesn't matter, give Norman some closure because he was clearly struggling.

Great points. Yeah very underwhelming. And agree with other people who said Sandman and Lizard were superfluous, it’s like they would have felt bad if they hadn’t asked/included them.

Back