Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Dafoe isn't throwing pumpkin bombs and laughing manically the entire movie, then I will be disappointed.
When he is on screen he's menacing, captivating and feels like a force to be reckoned with. I just wanted more of him, maybe that's a testiment to how good he was, or maybe I'm just greedy, especially since we'll likely never see him again.

I will say the 3D projection was truly ghastly. It was so dark there was a moment where it was inferred that someone had blood on their hand but you could not see it. Seeing the 2D version of Monday so will be curious to see if it looks better.
I have hassled Imax a bunch of times about putting on more 2D sessions and they say that they just don’t sell as many tickets 🤔
I just saw it in 2D. The scene was at night and (a) the only light was streaming in from outside the building and (b) it was red blood on a red-suited hand, so at first it wasn't obvious to me either. I don't think it detracted from the scene though, because as written Peter didn't initially realize the magnitude of the injury, so IMO it's OK that we don't either. :lol

I got back from watching it and I loved it, not only was this the best expirience I've had at the cinema, it was also one of the best, most entertaining movies I've watched in recent memory, and mainly because it is a fantastic Spider-Man movie, granted it isn't perfect, MCU humor doesn't land some times as usual and I wish some moments were longer and more fleshed out, but what it does well it's done REALLY well, it gives the fans tons of fan service and a proper story arc for Holland's Spider-Man, not only does this make the first two MCU Spidey movies more meaningful it also opens tons of doors for movies led by a more mature and wiser Holland Spidey not living in the shadow of Iron-Man or dependent on anyone else.

And of course, with no spoilers at all, yes it was amazing seeing all the old and familiar faces back, Dafoe stole the show from the rest of the villains, Molina had some great banter and a nice little touching moment at the end, Electro actually worked really well in this movies and it was a treat seeing Jamie Foxx take another shot at the character, Lizard and Sandman were definitely sidelined though but not a huge problem in my opinion since the cast is already huge and at it's core the story is primarily focused on Tom's Peter Parker dealing with the consequences of his actions.

Overall it was a hell of a rollercoaster with tons of cheering, especially torwards the middle and end of the movie and even tears, definitely in my top three Spidey movies alongside Spider-Man 2 and Into The Spider-Verse, if you're a Spidey fan and you're looking not only for a good time but a phenomenal Spider-Man story I definitely recommend it!
Yes, this movie is a blast. Filled to the brim with fan service to be sure, but none of it gets in the way of the story. My advice is to check your cynicism at the door, take a seat and enjoy yourselves for 2-1/2 hours.

Also this song was a great pick to end the Homecoming trilogy, for a variety of reasons. 😄

Just seen it boys!

First things first
GARFIELD! TOBEY!
yes-baby.gif
200w.gif
200.gif

Thoughts on the movie
Definitely played like Endgame. Slow setup to pay off the ending. Took awhile to get to Strange, surprised they devoted so much time to the MIT stuff, but finally the story got going.

Doc Ock was awesome and controlling his tentacles was a surprise. Rounding up the villains and the intentions was quite different than what I expected. All the villain actors delivered.

I knew someone was dying, either May or Happy. It was a good choice on the death and it paid off later.

The moment seeing Garfield through the portal was such a special moment. Crowd went nuts. Then crowd went nuts for Tobey. Every fiber of my body was transformed into some magical feelings of awe, wonder and is just hard to describe the joy. Every moment was super special no matter what was said.

Garfield just oozed of emotion. Lots of joy, fun and heart wrenching moments. Tobey brought the stoic, seasoned veteran presence. All 3 knew this was a special time and it was one of the most special cinematic experiences of all-time.

Final battle was a lot of fun and had unique moments. I was waiting for a special reveal of the Sixth member, but he never came! Having to work together took a little work and it felt right since they all worked alone. The redemption for Garfield brought the feels to the theater and some girls aww'd loudly, but the whole theater was feeling that.

I love the one on one showdown with Goblin and it played great. I thought Tobey was taken from us but glad he wasn't.

The multiverse had reveals of villains in their costumes! I seen Scorpion and I think Kraven with a spear. Couldnt make out the rest.

As for the structure of the movie, it felt very inconsistent. Very in and out of the action alot, a slow build beginning, in and out of action, then a euphoric coma of enjoyment once Garfield appeared. Not sure where I rank this as more time is needed to chew on it.

Daredevil Charlie Cox is back baby!

What a tease w Venom! In and out!

Awesome new Spidey suit. Wow, where to go from here?

Hot Toys Thoughts

Wtf with the Black and Gold? Not even close to what HT released w the phone taped to the suit. Wow, dyed his suit w beard dye? What lol

New red black gold is more suited for BD.

I can see a red and gold reissue as a companion to doc ock.

Villains all got good movie time to get a figure made. Lizard w shiny eyes, Sandman in full sand, Electro w yellow lightning at end battle.

I think Doc does not need to come w red as he was in effective w the red nanites.

Green Goblin can be double dipped. Small appearance in full glory, then battled damaged sweater googles version.

Charlie Cox Lawyer suit. Yes, people will buy it.

Whoa the classic blue and red at the end! Shiny! Must have! HT better release that VG classic sm soon lol!

Possible black suit in the sequel?

Last edited:
This movie was an emotional roller coaster thrill ride and a huge blast!

Perfect?

NOPE!

Some character traits rubbed me the wrong way
Parker being irresponsible and selfish by dragging his friends into cataclysmic events
while other things I wanted to see happen didn’t
Osborn left alone after his cure Parker should’ve interacted with him for some closure for both
and the decision to switch the climax into darkness to get the movie finished on time was unfortunate.

Also
it made no sense that Doc Ock said the last thing he remembered from his universe was strangling Peter which wasn’t he should’ve said going into the river and then poof he arrived.

But ignore what I just wrote and definitely go see this asap with the most enthusiastic crowd possible (sorry Ireland).

If your main complaint all this time has been that you want a Spider-Man movie not a Stark-man movie then your train has FINALLY arrived GET ONBOARD!

His final costume was a huge surprise and freaking gorgeous GIVE ME NOW!

One of the most emotional movies I have ever experienced!

Tobey’s eyes and facial expression at the big critical scene during the climax was super powerful super super powerful!

Andrew’s big moment was also freaking amazing!

I will end it with this.

I just experienced the most gut punching emotional
death scene in cinema history…..FOR ME. I teared up 3 times in this freaking movie lol AND holy crap I was not expecting a full DS2 trailer for the end credits scene that was also a huge surprise!

This movie was spectacular!

Last edited:
Just seen it boys!

First things first

Thoughts on the movie
Definitely played like Endgame. Slow setup to pay off the ending. Took awhile to get to Strange, surprised they devoted so much time to the MIT stuff, but finally the story got going.

Doc Ock was awesome and controlling his tentacles was a surprise. Rounding up the villains and the intentions was quite different than what I expected. All the villain actors delivered.

I knew someone was dying, either May or Happy. It was a good choice on the death and it paid off later.

The moment seeing Garfield through the portal was such a special moment. Crowd went nuts. Then crowd went nuts for Tobey. Every fiber of my body was transformed into some magical feelings of awe, wonder and is just hard to describe the joy. Every moment was super special no matter what was said.

Garfield just oozed of emotion. Lots of joy, fun and heart wrenching moments. Tobey brought the stoic, seasoned veteran presence. All 3 knew this was a special time and it was one of the most special cinematic experiences of all-time.

Final battle was a lot of fun and had unique moments. I was waiting for a special reveal of the Sixth member, but he never came! Having to work together took a little work and it felt right since they all worked alone. The redemption for Garfield brought the feels to the theater and some girls aww'd loudly, but the whole theater was feeling that.

I love the one on one showdown with Goblin and it played great. I thought Tobey was taken from us but glad he wasn't.

The multiverse had reveals of villains in their costumes! I seen Scorpion and I think Kraven with a spear. Couldnt make out the rest.

As for the structure of the movie, it felt very inconsistent. Very in and out of the action alot, a slow build beginning, in and out of action, then a euphoric coma of enjoyment once Garfield appeared. Not sure where I rank this as more time is needed to chew on it.

Daredevil Charlie Cox is back baby!

What a tease w Venom! In and out!

Awesome new Spidey suit. Wow, where to go from here?

Hot Toys Thoughts

Wtf with the Black and Gold? Not even close to what HT released w the phone taped to the suit. Wow, dyed his suit w beard dye? What lol

New red black gold is more suited for BD.

I can see a red and gold reissue as a companion to doc ock.

Villains all got good movie time to get a figure made. Lizard w shiny eyes, Sandman in full sand, Electro w yellow lightning at end battle.

I think Doc does not need to come w red as he was in effective w the red nanites.

Green Goblin can be double dipped. Small appearance in full glory, then battled damaged sweater googles version.

Charlie Cox Lawyer suit. Yes, people will buy it.

Whoa the classic blue and red at the end! Shiny! Must have! HT better release that VG classic sm soon lol!

Possible black suit in the sequel?
I think who really surprised me was Fox as Electro this second time around ..he did a better job ..max had a lot more depth..I’d say he matched Dafoe and Molina’s veteran acting performances . Not taking anything away from Church as Sandman or the guy that plays the lizard

It is Spider-Man Endgame. What you think of Avengers Endgame is probably what you'll think of this IMO.

That's disappointing, but it is what I expect of this movie.

Spider-Man never had a truly menacing villain like Thanos to go up against.

Goblin is crazy and Doc always turns good. The others don't amount to much. The only other one I like is Vulture, but Spidey dates his daughter which is just... what are the chances?

Oh I wanted to mention that I am glad they went with the universe in which the prior movies came from. Glad they didnt wuss out and gave us some other variants. I didnt quite understand how Spiderman can feel or sense another Spiderman was in trouble.

Yes, forgot to mention DS2 trailer at the end was awesome! Shurma Gorath! Dark Side Strange! (From What if..? He was kinda redeemed) And Wanda not a psycho but an ally!

That's disappointing, but it is what I expect of this movie.

Spider-Man never had a truly menacing villain like Thanos to go up against.

Goblin is crazy and Doc always turns good. The others don't amount to much. The only other one I like is Vulture, but Spidey dates his daughter which is just... what are the chances?
Damn you Wor with your logic and common sense! Just go enjoy it! It really brought some heavy moments which Holland warned us about. I teared up like jye a few times.

I feel sorry for those that ruined this movie on youtube or read spoilers not the filmmakers intent.

Imagine in 1977 before walking into the the theater you see a clip of Vader killing Ben and Luke blowing up the deathstar.

Imagine in 1980 before walking into the theater you see a clip that shows the “I am your father.” moment!

STOP!

This movie definitely had the feelings rollercoaster. All over the place in a good way on emotional moments. Thing is there could have been many more!

Back