Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Biggest opening and total in Sony history!

Sony owes Feige a ton of PS5 and a very big OLED tv lol

It just needs 5 million more to topple IW and it will sit comfortably at 2nd highest opening ever (nothing will ever surpass EG not in my lifetime anyways).

In your face Great Wall of Covid!

Last edited:
I wish they alluded to the fact that Tobey and Andrew fought other Spider-Man villains other than the ones we saw in the movies . I mean conners in the raimi verse never changed into the lizard? Also there is no avengers in raimi verse? Makes me sad. So the mcu is the only verse where everything happens I guess.

I wish they alluded to the fact that Tobey and Andrew fought other Spider-Man villains other than the ones we saw in the movies . I mean conners in the raimi verse never changed into the lizard? Also there is no avengers in raimi verse? Makes me sad. So the mcu is the only verse where everything happens I guess.
Hmm

Garfield eluded to that slightly if you extrapolate on his vengeance comment but it is definitely left up to the viewer to fantasize about that but Tobey did not.

I guess it would have been pretty wild and a “whoa” moment for sure to hear Tobey mention he fought Rhino, Kraven and Mysterio but at the same time I think it would have robbed the necessary emotional attachments needed for the villains they brought back.

The emotions needed to be about Goblin, Ock, Electro, Sandman and Lizard and not on villains we never saw them fight if that makes any sense.

Hmm

Garfield eluded to that slightly if you extrapolate on his vengeance comment but it is definitely left up to the viewer to fantasize about that but Tobey did not.

I guess it would have been pretty wild and a “whoa” moment for sure to hear Tobey mention he fought Rhino, Kraven and Mysterio but at the same time I think it would have robbed the necessary emotional attachments needed for the villains they brought back.

The emotions needed to be about Goblin, Ock, Electro, Sandman and Lizard and not on villains we never saw them fight if that makes any sense.
Yea that’s true. Loved the film either way. Seeing Tobey fight lizard brought a huge smile on my face .

I do wonder about his opinion as I do yours. Is he a big SpiderMan guy? I never really thought so.

I watched SpiderMan and SpiderMan 2 today on TBS. MJs hair sure changed color. Harry's was kind of orangey too in the first one, didn't remember that. The moment Goblin butt-slams SpiderMan wasn't as bad as matticus' picture. His death was pretty stupid. I do like the first better than the 2nd though. A lot more quiet moments than I remember. I'm still of the "Meh" for both those movies. They seem made for very young people. Everything is very spelled out.

Choose, SpiderMan!
The only thing that changed more often was who she was dating, engaged to, marrying, running off with. I'd forgotten how she just torched the hearts of Harry and John Jamison...

Regarding Ned's newfound magic... I thought it was more the fact that he was wearing Doctor Strange's ring that gave him the magic and the joke was that he's thinking he's got this big mojo when it's nothing more than the ring. I don't know anything about Doctor Strange from a comic perspective so this is probably a stupid statement but figured I'd lob it out there to get torched :)

Well he certainly got the knack of the sling ring quicker than Strange, but I think that was 'plot talent' rather than Ned being sensitive to magic.

Regarding Ned's newfound magic... I thought it was more the fact that he was wearing Doctor Strange's ring that gave him the magic and the joke was that he's thinking he's got this big mojo when it's nothing more than the ring. I don't know anything about Doctor Strange from a comic perspective so this is probably a stupid statement but figured I'd lob it out there to get torched :)
You can’t just put the ring on and make portals and stuff without being tuned in. Just watch the Doctor Strange and you’ll see that :lol

Strange was surprised to find out Ned opened a portal, meaning it can’t be done by just anyone with a sling ring.

You can’t just put the ring on and make portals and stuff without being tuned in. Just watch the Doctor Strange and you’ll see that :lol

Strange was surprised to find out Ned opened a portal, meaning it can’t be done by just anyone with a sling ring.
Fair enough. I tried to watch the original Doctor Strange and fell asleep multiple times. I like the character in IW and EG, just didn't care for the solo movie. I figured it was a dumb question but honestly didn't know.

Morning Freaks. Going today - haven’t followed too closely but does Dr Strange have a good amount of screen time? Being that I’ve never seen a Spider-Man flick, he’s honestly the main draw for me in this (yeah I know lol)

Morning Freaks. Going today - haven’t followed too closely but does Dr Strange have a good amount of screen time? Being that I’ve never seen a Spider-Man flick, he’s honestly the main draw for me in this (yeah I know lol)
Umm this is a Spiderman movie on steroids and DS is a supporting character.

You are going to hate this tremendously lol

Umm this is a Spiderman movie on steroids and DS is a supporting character.

You are going to hate this tremendously lol
Na, it’s not that I don’t like Spider-Man, just missed a bunch of comic movies as a lot of them came out when I was pursuing.....other....interests lol. Hell I just saw the first X-Men movie this past year despite them being my favorite book growing up.

I started paying attention when Iron Man 1 came out.

I still can't believe Spidey beat Dr Strange. He even took his portal ring. That's embarrassing. How is Strange going to handle Scarlett Witch, when he can't even beat a street level hero like Spiderman. Im hopping they explain it in dr strange 2 that maybe he took it easy on Spidey because he didn't want to hurt peter, but considering the multiverse was on the line, you'd think Strange would take the fight seriously. I just hate when the power levels are inconsistent. Later when Strange returns he easily took his portal ring and box from Ned using some kind of telekinesis, but he could not do that against Spiderman earlier? Stupid.

He’s not in it as much as you think, and honestly he’s not great in it anyway.

I still can't believe Spidey beat Dr Strange. He even took his portal ring. That's embarrassing. How is Strange going to handle Scarlett Witch, when he can't even beat a street level hero like Spiderman. Im hopping they explain it in dr strange 2 that maybe he took it easy on Spidey because he didn't want to hurt peter, but considering the multiverse was on the line, you'd think Strange would take the fight seriously. I just hate when the power levels are inconsistent. Later when Strange returns he easily took his portal ring and box from Ned using some kind of telekinesis, but he could not do that against Spiderman earlier? Stupid.
Well he did go astral on him and not for nothing I don’t think you are giving the visual representation of spider sense enough credit it was quite unique seeing it presented in that manner which in itself was Spiderman’s version of an anti astral ability.

If Strange was all powerful he wouldn’t had needed Stark a human with no powers to finish the job with Thanos.

He’s a magician not the infinity stones.

No doubt he took it easy on SM. He just shrugged when SM kept taking away the box. I was a little surprised by how easy he took it. But if you look deeper, he knows he lost his buddy Stark and the world is against him. They literally traveled in a ship to another planet. Strange has a soft spot for him.

Another thing is the loss of Sorcerer Supreme status. Strange is kind of in I don't give af mode because of that and Wong brought in a blizzard as SS lol.

Cause Spider-Man is better than dr strange

Look at those numbers - $253 mil domestic/$334 mil worldwide - $587 mil total without a China release. Guess China still has an axe to grind with Disney/Marvel. Maybe they don't like wizards. :lol

Wonder if anyone at WB is thinking why they are doing a Flash movie with Batman instead of A BATMAN MOVIE WITH MULTIPLE BATMANS! Imagine Affleck with the Flash, needing other Batmans for a showdown with some bad guys. Could totally redeem Clooney and Kilmer, but Kilmer is in bad shape. Can Keaton nostalgia beat Tobey and Garfield? No way. Plus Holland way greater than Ezra.

Back