Spooktacular Survival Kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I forgot to order mine last week.

:eek:

So I am happy that I was able to get an order in after all. I look forward to drinking hot tea from that mug all winter long.

(And limeade in the warmer months. RoboDad knows what he's talking about.)

Egg Nog is nice, but I would prefer a tall glass (or mug :)) of Horchata any day.

Oooo dang... Hortchata with a nice plate of Carne Asada fries... I hate being on a diet. :( :monkey2:monkey2 (yeah, egg nog isn't going to happen either - what was I thinking!?)

Okay, let me 'splain a little about this whole kit thing.

This is the first time we've tried something like this with promoting an event. Believe it or not, we were shocked when they sold through so fast. And honored by the excitement. As it has been pointed out, this is a promotional item... a few things that we've received as promo items, put together into a fun little 'kit' that helps promote the fun of Spooktacular, with a couple of Spook specific items (t-shirt and button).

We were VERY sad that some people who are really into the community of Sideshow and of the event missed out. Thus, we made it available for another week. The kit is still 'limited'. We will not be selling them after the 10th. That doesn't mean that you won't possibly see the other items pop up later as promotions, individually (mug, keychain, etc). But this is the only time you'll be able to guarantee that you'll get all of them at once, for a great price - basically our cost of the items, packing, and shipping. And you probably won't see the t-shirt pop up again, since it's dated, unless there are a few left over to offer as contest/giveaway prizes.

I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinions about the matter, just explaining the motives a little so there's no misconception :duff

...and just to be clear, I applaud Sideshow for creating the kit, for trying to make sure everyone can get one, and for all the great things like this they do for us collectors... but, I will still point out when I think they have stumbled... as in, every time they increase an edition size of a sold out product (no matter what it is). Your good stuff far outweighs the little bumps in the road like this, so I will never hold it against you, but I sure wish you would rethink things like this...

...and this will be my final words on the "collectibles" debate... for all of you that don't think "swag" is a collectible, I will gladly take your hats, t-shirts, early DVDs/CDs, early catalogs, key-chains, bracelets, buttons, and anything else that you've gotten from Sideshow over the years. Just PM me with what you've got and I will even cover the shipping! :D Seriously!

Hey Dusty!! What's up with all the XL T-shirts? I know you are a small person so where's the love?

After sitting for nine straight days at our computers, with loads of junk food and mugs full of beverages, do you really think that ANYONE will be complaining about the size of the shirts? If anything, we'll all be saying that they're too small!

:rotfl

After sitting for nine straight days at our computers, with loads of junk food and mugs full of beverages, do you really think that ANYONE will be complaining about the size of the shirts? If anything, we'll all be saying that they're too small!

:rotfl
:lol:lol:lol
I hope not! :rotfl

south_park_wow_computer_lab.jpg

I was ready to order one, but damn, $7 shipping just puts it out of reach. I'd much rather save the money for the Power loader, every last cent helps. Oh well.

I was ready to order one, but damn, $7 shipping just puts it out of reach. I'd much rather save the money for the Power loader, every last cent helps. Oh well.

Let's see $12.00 plus $35.00 shipping plus duties= Ouch!!!
Hopefully a gift card with a $50.00 value will make up for it:D

Good thing I like swag... err collectibles.....

I don't know! :rotfl

Some of you are missing the point... It shouldn't have been limited in the first place, but since it was, and SOLD OUT, the edition size should not have been changed. Just because some of you see this as "swag" doesn't mean it isn't collectible or just as worthy to be in someone's collection. I don't care if it's a $1 item or a $1000 item, if you ANNOUNCE an edition size and then SELL OUT, DON'T CHANGE THE EDITION SIZE AND MAKE MORE. And don't come back and say it doesn't matter because it is just swag or junk... that's not the point and you know it! And without naming any names, I could pull up quotes from many, many posts where some members praise small edition sizes and state that's the nature of the game if you miss out, but are now in favor of this move because they missed out...

No matter what it is, if it is a LIMITED EDITION, with a SET edition size that sells out, you can't just increase the edition size on a whim! End of story...

Lonnie, Thank You. That is the point I was trying to make LIMITED EDITION means LIMITED EDITION, Not oh, lets make more after the edition size has been set at 250 kits. They will not do that for the SOF SSE 12 Inch So they should not do this for any other LIMITED EDITION items where the edition size has been set. That is my whole point!:D

The day sideshow does this to a real item is the day all this worrying will be justified.

That being said, they will never do this to a normal item.

The day sideshow does this to a real item is the day all this worrying will be justified.

That being said, they will never do this to a normal item.

They already have done it. Remember Doom. Went from 300-500.

Back