Spooktacular Survival Kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doom's edition size was raised because of the orders taken from the floor at SDCC, which combined with the online orders exceeded the set ES. They had to either cancel orders that had been placed in good faith or increase the edition size. They increased the ES and as a result, the value of the piece fell through the floor.

:rolleyes:

south_park_wow_computer_lab.jpg

Here's a corrected version:

spooktacular_central.jpg

:D

Let's see $12.00 plus $35.00 shipping plus duties= Ouch!!!
Hopefully a gift card with a $50.00 value will make up for it:D

Good thing I like swag... err collectibles.....

I don't know! :rotfl

Ouch indeed. The gift card is really the only thing that would make it easier for me to order as well, but I've received one of those so far, worth $20 and I haven't found anything I'd like to use it on. If you never received a Star Wars 30th anniversary discount card, the selection is limited (94 items) with a few already sold out products or EU only stuff being offered for the discount. Most of what's available last I checked were larger items that retailed for $100+.

Sideshow make these, so Sideshow reserve the right to make changes as they see fit. Whether it be Doom, Hulk, or the Survival Kit. They make decisions based on reasons. Exceptions for exceptional circumstances.

With the survival kit, they didn't expect it to be so popular, and would disappoint so many fans, so they decided to make more. Becoming annoyed wont change anything other than your loyalties and spending habits perhaps, due to spite. They made a mistake to announce an edition size for promotional items. Yeah, that's wrong, because there being an edition size, is what helped, mostly, to create hype. It wasn't wrong, to my way of thinking, that they increase quantities on promotional items, it was wrong to announce an edition size ON promotional product. If you have a business and you want to hand out pens, with your logo, to customers, you employ someone to make them, maybe that means you will have to buy a minimum of 1000. If you happen to run out, you make a thousand more. Saying these are collectible is both a fact and a farce.

In this case many have said they will be wearing the shirt etc and using the items. The only way these kits will be collectible, is if you keep them as they arrived. As a kit. These 'opened' items are like used stamps, not worth much until there can't be many examples found. That's great if you happen to collect 'junk' items. You should be able to collect them cheaply. So if you collect junk, don't make a fuss or people will start charging you exorbitant prices to take it off their hands.

In the long run isn't it better that they announce an edition size. so you can keep track of things, like Doom and Hulk, or would you rather they left it unannounced, or made an item open edition?

Sideshow make these, so Sideshow reserve the right to make changes as they see fit. Whether it be Doom, Hulk, or the Survival Kit. They make decisions based on reasons. Exceptions for exceptional circumstances.

With the survival kit, they didn't expect it to be so popular, and would disappoint so many fans, so they decided to make more. Becoming annoyed wont change anything other than your loyalties and spending habits perhaps, due to spite. They made a mistake to announce an edition size for promotional items. Yeah, that's wrong, because there being an edition size, is what helped, mostly, to create hype. It wasn't wrong, to my way of thinking, that they increase quantities on promotional items, it was wrong to announce an edition size ON promotional product. If you have a business and you want to hand out pens, with your logo, to customers, you employ someone to make them, maybe that means you will have to buy a minimum of 1000. If you happen to run out, you make a thousand more. Saying these are collectible is both a fact and a farce.

In this case many have said they will be wearing the shirt etc and using the items. The only way these kits will be collectible, is if you keep them as they arrived. As a kit. These 'opened' items are like used stamps, not worth much until there can't be many examples found. That's great if you happen to collect 'junk' items. You should be able to collect them cheaply. So if you collect junk, don't make a fuss or people will start charging you exorbitant prices to take it off their hands.

In the long run isn't it better that they announce an edition size. so you can keep track of things, like Doom and Hulk, or would you rather they left it unannounced, or made an item open edition?

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

No, some people feel that Sideshow made it a collectible by putting an ES on it. I don't feel that way at all, and to be honest, I don't understand how anyone else can, either.

I agree and I don't I mean they're collectible in that we love SS and I believe we want these things. However, I don't think its worth the fuss over the ES change not even on principle. They changed the amount of kits of T-Shirts, Mugs, and keychains OMG the world will freaking end. :rolleyes: Normal items I can agree with being upset but on stuff like this I think it just is more bellyaching because you want to say you got one and someone else didn't.

but I sure wish you would rethink things like this...

Lonnie if this was say the Balrog bust I would understand but again this is a bunch of little things that mean stuff just because we love SS. Is it so important that you have a T-Shirt, mug, etc and someone else doesn't? I mean not even on principle does it make sense to get upset about a limited number of t-shirts, mugs, etc.

...and this will be my final words on the "collectibles" debate... for all of you that don't think "swag" is a collectible, I will gladly take your hats, t-shirts, early DVDs/CDs, early catalogs, key-chains, bracelets, buttons, and anything else that you've gotten from Sideshow over the years. Just PM me with what you've got and I will even cover the shipping! :D Seriously!

There are different types of collectibles. Those worth getting mad over and neat items like this that make no sense getting amped up over. I love getting this stuff cause as you know I'm a huge SSF but I don't have an issue with more people being able to get T-Shirts, mugs, etc and the ES being changed. It really is pointless to be upset about this IMO.

No matter what the edition size, The Spooktacular Survival Kit is COOL & that's all that matters!:cool:

Thanks Sideshow!:D

EXACTLY!!!!!

Last edited:
I agree and I don't I mean they're collectible in that we love SS and I believe we want these things. However, I don't think its worth the fuss over the ES change not even on principle. They changed the amount of kits of T-Shirts, Mugs, and keychains OMG the world will freaking end. :rolleyes: Normal items I can agree with being upset but on stuff like this I think it just is more bellyaching because you want to say you got one and someone else didn't.

Lonnie if this was say the Balrog bust I would understand but again this is a bunch of little things that mean stuff just because we love SS. Is it so important that you have a T-Shirt, mug, etc and someone else doesn't? I mean not even on principle does it make sense to get upset about a limited number of t-shirts, mugs, etc.

There are different types of collectibles. Those worth getting mad over and neat items like this that make no sense getting amped up over. I love getting this stuff cause as you know I'm a huge SSF but I don't have an issue with more people being able to get T-Shirts, mugs, etc and the ES being changed. It really is pointless to be upset about this IMO.

EXACTLY!!!!!

Wow, so what you are saying is that it is possible to multi-quote different people and say exactly the same thing in every paragraph. :rotfl

Last edited:
Just wanted to make sure I got my point across.

Also don't you have some kids 2 go hate. :rotfl

I have the weekends off. I will resume my regular hating schedule on Monday when those damn school buses block the roads because those idiot children are too slow. :emperor

Seriously, I would think that they are smart enough to cross a damn road without the bus having to stop traffic. Such an inconvenience.

Last edited:
Well I for one am very pleased that this is now available until the 10th for preorder. :rock I was a little bummed when it was sold out earlier, but not devasted like I would be for a statue/figure....and frankly was very surprised that they originally offered so few. So now I can have my first Spooktacular Survival Kit that I will be enjoying during......

OKTOBERKURGANUARY!!!!

Back