Spooktacular Survival Kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a big deal for me, since it's not a statue.. but still, I don't like the way they did it. Sucks!

I still think something special should be given to the original 250. :monkey3

That would be totally fine with me. Rewarding the people who got their orders in fastest would make perfect sense (unless the 'reward' really is a PZ, in which case I'd be first in line with the torches and pitchforks).

I just don't get the anger, or the comparison of this kit to real collectibles. It's a t-shirt and a generic Sideshow mug, for Pete's sake.

That would be totally fine with me. Rewarding the people who got their orders in fastest would make perfect sense (unless the 'reward' really is a PZ, in which case I'd be first in line with the torches and pitchforks).

I just don't get the anger, or the comparison of this kit to real collectibles. It's a t-shirt and a generic Sideshow mug, for Pete's sake.

The reason people are comparing it to a real collectible is because Sideshow basically made it a real collectible by putting an edition size on it. Also, I don't care if they do something for the first 250. I think what I am getting for $20.00 is plenty.

The reason people are comparing it to a real collectible is because Sideshow basically made it a real collectible by putting an edition size on it.

No, some people feel that Sideshow made it a collectible by putting an ES on it. I don't feel that way at all, and to be honest, I don't understand how anyone else can, either.

Again, I don't think people are really offended about the ES on this kit being upped, I think its simply the principle of the thing. They don't like when ANY ES is upped and they just want to reiterate that to SSC.

No, some people feel that Sideshow made it a collectible by putting an ES on it. I don't feel that way at all, and to be honest, I don't understand how anyone else can, either.

I pretty much think if something is given an ES it is considered a collectible and was saying that that is why I think people are getting upset over it. I apologize for not putting "in my opinion" after everything I say. I will do that from now on to satisfy your needs.(In my opinion I think it will satisfy you. In no way am a saying that it is certain that by stating this it will satisfy your needs. Since only you Robodad could know such a thing in my opinion.):monkey5

Okay, let me 'splain a little about this whole kit thing.

This is the first time we've tried something like this with promoting an event. Believe it or not, we were shocked when they sold through so fast. And honored by the excitement. As it has been pointed out, this is a promotional item... a few things that we've received as promo items, put together into a fun little 'kit' that helps promote the fun of Spooktacular, with a couple of Spook specific items (t-shirt and button).

We were VERY sad that some people who are really into the community of Sideshow and of the event missed out. Thus, we made it available for another week. The kit is still 'limited'. We will not be selling them after the 10th. That doesn't mean that you won't possibly see the other items pop up later as promotions, individually (mug, keychain, etc). But this is the only time you'll be able to guarantee that you'll get all of them at once, for a great price - basically our cost of the items, packing, and shipping. And you probably won't see the t-shirt pop up again, since it's dated, unless there are a few left over to offer as contest/giveaway prizes.

I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinions about the matter, just explaining the motives a little so there's no misconception :duff

Okay, let me 'splain a little about this whole kit thing.

This is the first time we've tried something like this with promoting an event. Believe it or not, we were shocked when they sold through so fast. And honored by the excitement. As it has been pointed out, this is a promotional item... a few things that we've received as promo items, put together into a fun little 'kit' that helps promote the fun of Spooktacular, with a couple of Spook specific items (t-shirt and button).

We were VERY sad that some people who are really into the community of Sideshow and of the event missed out. Thus, we made it available for another week. The kit is still 'limited'. We will not be selling them after the 10th. That doesn't mean that you won't possibly see the other items pop up later as promotions, individually (mug, keychain, etc). But this is the only time you'll be able to guarantee that you'll get all of them at once, for a great price - basically our cost of the items, packing, and shipping. And you probably won't see the t-shirt pop up again, since it's dated, unless there are a few left over to offer as contest/giveaway prizes.

I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinions about the matter, just explaining the motives a little so there's no misconception :duff
Not to sound like an ******* but it always kills me when you guys are shocked something sells out fast. Didn't Minas Morgul teach you anything.:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I pretty much think if something is given an ES it is considered a collectible and was saying that that is why I think people are getting upset over it. I apologize for not putting "in my opinion" after everything I say. I will do that from now on to satisfy your needs.(In my opinion I think it will satisfy you. In no way am a saying that it is certain that by stating this it will satisfy your needs. Since only you Robodad could know such a thing in my opinion.):monkey5
Well, I am Supreme Ruler of the Known Universe, after all! :D

But seriously, sorry if I got under your skin. It's just that there have been quite a few posts in the thread trying to assert that the swag IS a collectible and that the matter cannot even be debated. I was only trying to point out that it IS a matter of opinion, and that I am having a REALLY hard time understanding the motivation behind "the other side" of the debate.

And a big thanks to Dusty for stating in an official capacity what I've been trying to say since this whole thing started.

Back