Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

The fit of the regular head does look better in the pics. Thanks.

Just got the replacement reg head & prints. The head definitely looks better then the first & no goggly eyes this time. I wish though, the black eyeliner was a tad lighter.

Couple Questions:
Is sideshow sending out new versions of both the EX and Regular head?
Is it only for those that got the EX?

I purchased the Regular edition directly from sideshow and from what I can tell my regular head really looks pretty good, and I can't tell the difference from the pictures that have been posted and what I currently have.

Anyway, since I'm happy with mine I'm just being courious...

Thanks

Couple Questions:
Is sideshow sending out new versions of both the EX and Regular head?
Is it only for those that got the EX?

I purchased the Regular edition directly from sideshow and from what I can tell my regular head really looks pretty good, and I can't tell the difference from the pictures that have been posted and what I currently have.

Anyway, since I'm happy with mine I'm just being courious...

Thanks
If urs looks fine then they prob won't issue a replacement. The EX orders had such terrible paint jobs they had no choice but to make us new ones.

still havent gotten any emails about my replacement, should i contact them????

depends when you got on the replacement list. I got my confirmation email for being on the replacement waitlist on Oct 20th, and still only got emailed about shipment by them last week ...with the heads and prints coming tomorrow. So if you got on fairly recently I'd give it some time.

besides this replacement issue, does everyone like this statue? Its on my wish list to get and SSC still has her available. All the pix ive seen she looks really great. Im starting to get into PFs and shes definitely one i really like.

All in all, I'm glad I got her. It was definitely not fun going through all the crap that followed the terrible paintjobs that sideshow shipped with. I actually got lucky with a decent paintjob on my 2 heads but I still am looking forward to getting the replacements...any day now!!! If I had decided to not order the EX, I may not have ordered a regular at all though. It's up to you...if you want all the x-men, go for it. If you aren't that hellbent on getting the other x-men, just skip it. I would say get the Gambit PF first!

besides this replacement issue, does everyone like this statue? Its on my wish list to get and SSC still has her available. All the pix ive seen she looks really great. Im starting to get into PFs and shes definitely one i really like.

As a stand alone piece, granted you get a decent head, it is a pretty good statue...I am still glad I bought it. Certainly not the best, but still a good X-men addition. It is when you start considering what could have been( and what we were teased with), that it effectively feels like the stock of the one we got has been lowered...

thx. so are they now shipping with better heads or is it just the luck of the draw if you get a good one or not?

Unfortunately no one knows at the moment. My guess is that they are still shipped with the crappy heads. Don't really see Sideshow opening up all the boxes and swapping out the heads. Sideshow will probably try and get away with it and only do a replacement if the customer complains :lol

I just got the replacement heads in. I think the exclusive is marginally better, but I still can't see myself ever using that head for display. The regular head looks substantially better now. Granted the eye makeup still seems a bit much, it still looks cleaner overall. Now I can finally close this chapter in my sideshow experience.

here is the reg replacement head:

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

So I got the email from SSC telling me to wait 7-10 days for my replacement heads but nothing has shown up. Did those of you that got your heads get tracking info of some sort? I'm gonna email sideshow today regardless but just wanted to ask.

So I got the email from SSC telling me to wait 7-10 days for my replacement heads but nothing has shown up. Did those of you that got your heads get tracking info of some sort? I'm gonna email sideshow today regardless but just wanted to ask.

Yes, they sent an updated invoice showing what was being shipped. Then sent a second email with full tracking information within 1 day. So yes, you should call them.

So I got my replacement heads today...after blowing the foam chunks off of the heads...

Looks better than the old head from the front...then...

p1060358x.jpg

Shiny paint rubs and missing paint on the back...

p1060356h.jpg

Foam the head was in...lots of paint rubbed off in there!

p1060343j.jpg

Other head...still has lazy eye, bandana painted part way down the forehead and bottom lip still sloppy and other misc. paint rubs.

p1060353l.jpg

Foam that head was in...hey, lots of paint in there too!

p1060355c.jpg

I don't understand why the heads were not wrapped in plastic or something instead of being cased directly in the foam. :slap

____ you Sideshow....____ you!

So I got my replacement heads today...after blowing the foam chunks off of the heads...

Looks better than the old head from the front...then...

p1060358x.jpg

Shiny paint rubs and missing paint on the back...

p1060356h.jpg

Foam the head was in...lots of paint rubbed off in there!

p1060343j.jpg

Other head...still has lazy eye, bandana painted part way down the forehead and bottom lip still sloppy and other misc. paint rubs.

p1060353l.jpg

Foam that head was in...hey, lots of paint in there too!

p1060355c.jpg

I don't understand why the heads were not wrapped in plastic or something instead of being cased directly in the foam. :slap

____ you Sideshow....____ you!

oh man, that sucks bro. so far the other replacement heads have looked better. you gotta send SSC a nasty email.

Back