Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

So I got my replacement heads today...after blowing the foam chunks off of the heads...

Looks better than the old head from the front...then...

p1060358x.jpg

Shiny paint rubs and missing paint on the back...

p1060356h.jpg

Foam the head was in...lots of paint rubbed off in there!

p1060343j.jpg

Other head...still has lazy eye, bandana painted part way down the forehead and bottom lip still sloppy and other misc. paint rubs.

p1060353l.jpg

Foam that head was in...hey, lots of paint in there too!

p1060355c.jpg

I don't understand why the heads were not wrapped in plastic or something instead of being cased directly in the foam. :slap

____ you Sideshow....____ you!

Here is the e-mail I spammed to every customer service person I have dealt with at Sideshow. I sent all the pictures as well.

Hello,

I received my Rogue replacement heads today and I am very, very upset with the way they were packaged. I don’t know why they heads were not wrapped in some sort of protective foam wrap or a plastic bag before being stuck in the crappy white foam boxes. Both heads were covered with the crumbly white foam and have paint rubs and damage because of the cheap packaging. One of the heads still has severely defective paint applications (headband painted too far down the forehead, eyes not straight, lower lip painted past line). Attached are several pictures of the heads and the foam cradles they were sent in.

I can’t believe that this is considered acceptable packaging.

Please let me know what can be done to make this right.

A very frustrated long time customer,

The Sideshow response...once again ____ you Sideshow....____ you....

Dear Nathan

My sincere apologies that your replacement Rogue heads were delivered with paint flaws. I completely understand your frustrations with having to request another set of replacements, and I would like to have this sorted for you as soon as possible.

I will be forwarding your valuable photos and input to our production team about our packaging for these replacement heads to prevent this issue from reoccurring in the future.

Unfortunately, we are unable to fulfill a second set of replacement heads for your order. If you are completely unhappy with your statue and would like to return it back to Sideshow I can arrange for a full refund to your card. However, if you would like to keep your current statue I would gladly apply a $30 credit to your account.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thank you for your cooperation. I hope you have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Ashley Bodily
Customer Service Representative

Dear Nathan

My sincere apologies that your replacement Rogue heads were delivered with paint flaws. I completely understand your frustrations with having to request another set of replacements, and I would like to have this sorted for you as soon as possible.

I will be forwarding your valuable photos and input to our production team about our packaging for these replacement heads to prevent this issue from reoccurring in the future.

Unfortunately, we are unable to fulfill a second set of replacement heads for your order. If you are completely unhappy with your statue and would like to return it back to Sideshow I can arrange for a full refund to your card. However, if you would like to keep your current statue I would gladly apply a $30 credit to your account.

Best Regards,

Ashley Bodily

Oooh, thats a bummer. Luckily my original heads werent the worst and hopefully replacements are even better. Perhaps you can buy an original set from someone on the forums? That really sucks though man...SSC strikes again.

That's the thing with Sideshow. The pre-order process and prototype gets us so excited.

8 months later, when the products start shipping there's so much let down.

That sucks brother. I got head replacement notice too this week. I hope mine are not refurb heads.

we've waited this long for them to drop the ball this far is ridiculous. and 30 dollars is pretty much a slap in the face.

Hello,

this is my first post and i hope i'm not totally wrong. I am no native speaker of the english language but sideshow product are really rare in germany so i thought i ask you guys =)

I ordered Rogue from my Comic Shop which get it from a german distributor. But unfortunatly the Rogue has the same issues like your statues and now i can only return the complete Rogue. The Distributor said to me that Sideshow does not see any failure on this product and thats why they are not getting new ones... the thing is that i am satisfied with the body and i realy would like to replace the head only but my distributor only takes the complete rogue back... so i contacted sideshow (2 emails) but they didn't reply.

Yeah and so i'm rogue-less again but i LOVE Rogue and this statue so has anyone of you an idea what i should or could do?

Sorry for any mistakes but i only read english stuff and don't talk, so my understanding is very good but my grammer sucks. =)

Hello,

this is my first post and i hope i'm not totally wrong. I am no native speaker of the english language but sideshow product are really rare in germany so i thought i ask you guys =)

I ordered Rogue from my Comic Shop which get it from a german distributor. But unfortunatly the Rogue has the same issues like your statues and now i can only return the complete Rogue. The Distributor said to me that Sideshow does not see any failure on this product and thats why they are not getting new ones... the thing is that i am satisfied with the body and i realy would like to replace the head only but my distributor only takes the complete rogue back... so i contacted sideshow (2 emails) but they didn't reply.

Yeah and so i'm rogue-less again but i LOVE Rogue and this statue so has anyone of you an idea what i should or could do?

Sorry for any mistakes but i only read english stuff and don't talk, so my understanding is very good but my grammer sucks. =)

find someone selling her on these forums or buy her off ebay. you could have kept that rogue and then just bought heads off of ebay since people are selling their original sets, assuming they were better than the ones you had gotten originally.

find someone selling her on these forums or buy her off ebay. you could have kept that rogue and then just bought heads off of ebay since people are selling their original sets, assuming they were better than the ones you had gotten originally.

Yeah i already looked for the heads on ebay but i found nobody thats selling them to germany.

Edit: The good thing is: I've got time till monday to decide if i want her to be taken back or not.

Last edited:

The only thing that i think is that it is a bit aggravating that i'm not getting a replacement only because i'm not living in the US.
So i have to organize it al by myself and have to pay extra money for it.....

The only thing that i think is that it is a bit aggravating that i'm not getting a replacement only because i'm not living in the US.

are you sure you emailed the proper dept at SSC? they are usually good about responding to customers regardless of where they are from.

Over there:

and there:

I'm afraid that they are not feeling responsible 'cause i bought it over a distributor and not sideshow.

Dear Nathan

Best Regards,

Ashley Bodily

damn sorry to hear that. now that makes me nervous about receiving my replacement next week. :pray:

If a buyer in the USA purchased Rogue from a retailer they would have the same problem. It has nothing to do with being in the US or not. It is only whether or not you purchased with Sideshow.

@darren

Yeah i thought so but it is not understandable that Sideshow won't replace the Rogues nor heads. The Distributor said that they have to destroy the Rogues with the failures so they are become the refund back. So i have no chance of a replaced head.. and the distributor is a bigger one which ships in a lot countrys in europe.

Don't want to offend Sideshow 'cause i love der products but i can't understand this.

I only hoped for a hint if somebody knows someone with a new head or thinks like this ^^ but i looked through the marketplace in the forum and on ebay.com/.de.

@darren

Yeah i thought so but it is not understandable that Sideshow won't replace the Rogues nor heads. The Distributor said that they have to destroy the Rogues with the failures so they are become the refund back. So i have no chance of a replaced head.. and the distributor is a bigger one which ships in a lot countrys in europe.

Don't want to offend Sideshow 'cause i love der products but i can't understand this.

I only hoped for a hint if somebody knows someone with a new head or thinks like this ^^ but i looked through the marketplace in the forum and on ebay.com/.de.

I see. When did you purchase Rogue? Was it recently? The people getting replacements right now were put on a waitlist since last October. Perhaps they did not make enough replacements. Whatever the case it isn't a good excuse because they should've done a better job on the face in the first place.

I have an extra Reg head but it looks terrible. Wish I could help but I want to throw up whenever I see it :monkey2

In the future I really recommend purchasing direct through Sideshow. It may end up costing a little more but it really puts your mind at ease. I live in the UK and have done 3 replacements very easily through Sideshow. Good luck bro.

Yeah i thought about it too and i think its better for the future to purchase it about sideshow. I got Rogue in January but made a pre Order in October or November.

But 'funny' that the reg head does not fit always if she wears the jacket. Ah man this could be such a nice statue.

But thanks for the comment.

Yeah i thought about it too and i think its better for the future to purchase it about sideshow. I got Rogue in January but made a pre Order in October or November.

But 'funny' that the reg head does not fit always if she wears the jacket. Ah man this could be such a nice statue.

But thanks for the comment.

the jacket does fit...you just have to move it forward, pretty easy actually.

Got my replacement much better the exc is really good, but the reg head still has a few issues I will eventually change, but the body came out much better and the neck fits in much better also, not so much of a gap anymore. She's now a definite keeper!

Back