SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have already gotten my return code and need to drop the sucker off at a UPS store. Sideshow has good service and return/exchange policy. It just sucks having to go through the hassle and disappointment of waiting for an item you are excited for only to be let down. Now I am worried if the replacement will be ok.

I received my Throne on Thursday. The boxes were in great shape I opened it up. The Styrofoam inserts were taped together with a big yellow QC note. I thought I heard some rattling but everything looked fine. I pulled the throne out of the foam only to hear something inside of it. This was very troubling and even my mom who was there asked why is it rattling? I sat it down and it seemed ok except that it seemed to be a recliner, very slight but noticeable. Then I picked it up again and the base fell right off.

I am actually really concerned about the price I paid for this and getting to see how fragile and brittle it really is. After really looking at how it fell apart it seems these can not be very sturdy at this connection of base and throne. I noticed some one on Rebelscum has had the same problem too. I caution you to check this area and open yours up if you are waiting to open it for Palpatine to arrive.

DSCF2679.jpg

DSCF2677.jpg

DSCF2680.jpg

DSCF2681-2.jpg

This causes me concern. I am quite content with the Throne...unless this happens. Then even a replacement is not likely to pacify me. I wonder if anyone else has had any issues with theirs. Either similar to this or some other problem.

Not sure why they didn't just make it in two pieces with a swivel ball joint like the Thrawn chair.

that has me worried. even if the throne arrives in one piece, what if natural stress causes this to happen after a few years. one day you'll be repositioning figures and you'll hear a crack and the thing falls over throwing the old man to the ground.

that has me worried. even if the throne arrives in one piece, what if natural stress causes this to happen after a few years. one day you'll be repositioning figures and you'll hear a crack and the thing falls over throwing the old man to the ground.

I would think that it would be easy enough to fix with some epoxy if needed in a couple years, not that a person should have to worry about fixing it.

The best way to describe it is that it looks like they just put a big glob of resin on that screw bolt and then just stick it in the hole of the chair. I am getting an exchange but after seeing how it broke and being able to see how it is put it together I am still concerned. As mentioned what happens in a few years?

The best way to describe it is that it looks like they just put a big glob of resin on that screw bolt and then just stick it in the hole of the chair. I am getting an exchange but after seeing how it broke and being able to see how it is put it together I am still concerned. As mentioned what happens in a few years?

I'd be more concerned with it happening after this has long since been irreplaceable. Plus if it happens and topples with a figure, you've got potentially even more damage to the chair and the figure if they should hit something on the way down, and/or the floor. Sorry to see this but it makes me glad I passed.

Mine arrived today, I was going to leave it boxed until the Emperor arrives but after seeing darthmadonna's chair I was a little bit concerned, considering the distance it travelled to get to me.
Thanks darthmaddona for bringing this to everyones attention.

Fortunately mine appears to be ok at this stage..lol.. I'll see what the future holds.

I apologise for the quality of the snap photo, I was in a bit of a rush and the wife was giving me "those looks".

Looks very empty by itself I must admit.View attachment 26618

Because of its construction, I'll get this later. They could have built this better.. no excuse when Hasbro toys seem to last forever. It's still a must-have for me, though, but nowhere near retail price.

Here is a quick shot I took with a Detolf setup. Gotta change hands on the Emperor, looks like he is about to push one of the buttons.

Detolfshot.jpg

Back