SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice set up. Yes, I definitely think I'm going to pose my Luke (that's not visiting Jabba) with the Emperor and throne as well.

There is a problem with my throne: :panic::panic::panic:

jawaonthrone.jpg

:D

Hey, look what I got today!!!

001nb.jpg

Nice, eh??

This is becoming a major issue considering people are just receiving them. That's 3 so far.

The price I'm willing to spend on this piece has now dropped once again.

Question: is this something that can just be glued back in place? Not that you should have to, but is this fixable without the headache of reshipping, etc?

Maybe Sideshow should recall them or maybe they will send you a free bumper. ;)

This is becoming a major issue considering people are just receiving them. That's 3 so far.

The price I'm willing to spend on this piece has now dropped once again.

Question: is this something that can just be glued back in place? Not that you should have to, but is this fixable without the headache of reshipping, etc?

Really, I'm considering just getting a refund, even though I already fired off an email to Alter Ego. Even for $150, it's not worth it. It's just that Alter Ego doesn't allow returns. For $200, the Jabba throne was like a small boulder. This feels like it's made a plastic. Polystone should be heavy. The Emperor's throne is hollow. If polystone is this fragile, why the hell make stuff out of it?? The throne does not need complex sculpting, just make it out of plastic and charge $80 for it.

And to answer your question. . . No, I can't just re-glue it. It needs to be one heck of a solid bond, to hold onto the throne and have it spin around. I'd need some epoxy or something.

Last edited:
ouch. i cancelled this awhile ago. not because of breakage but because i want my emperor posed with the angry head sculpt and he needs to be standing to pull it off. now i'm kinda glad i cancelled if this breakage is a common occurence.

Yeah, I'm not getting this now either, it's pricey and I agree plastic would have been fine considering the Emp covers 90% of the Throne when he's sitting on it anyway.

I'll wait for the inevitable clearance sales on these, and pick one up locally.

I should note that this part that broke was the joining piece between the base and the throne, which was probably not polystone, so my original comment about "polystone being this fragile" is not accurate. I can tell by the texture of this "joining material" I don't know if it's some sort of resin or epoxy, but I can tell it had a lot of air in it, because of the uneven-ness of the break. It was obviously a very brittle material.

It still begs the question, why make such a load-bearing aspect of the piece out of such a brittle material?? I've already cancelled a bunch of my Sideshow stuff due to financial reasons and this thing has me close to just cancelling my Emperor from SS and selling my eventual replacement throne off.

Perhaps with this being a widespread issue Alter Ego might just authorize a refund, which in all honesty would make me more happy than a replacement.

It's been a rough couple weeks. First, my BD Iron Man broke, and in the time it took Sideshow to replace it, I've realized I don't really want it anyways. Then my Hot Toys T-800 has a broken Endo Arm, and then when I received my replacement, the arm broke AGAIN, and now this broken throne. Everything I've received in the last month has broken.

$150 is why I cancelled to begin with. Too much for this.

I was thinking I'd pick it up for under $100 at some point.... BUT with this new aspect to the throne, I'm thinking if I get it at all it's gonna be for $60 or less otherwise the Emperor is gonna have to stand like everyone else on my shelf.

Damn shame.

There is a problem with my throne: :panic::panic::panic:

Untitled-5.jpg

:D

whoa........double rainbow jawa all the way............almost a triple rainbow jawa.....oh my god, oh my god....what does this mean?????.............:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

:monkey1..................:wave

Back