SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You 'traced' the windows: you mean you actually redrew it with the pen tool, or, is there an outline function for shapes, like there is for fonds for instance?

Well there is a live paint tool in illustrator to vectorize raster art in older versions you'll have to search the menus but in CS4 it's in the main tool bar (you can adjust the trace to try to capture more detail) , but in this case I redrew over an image, it's really just concentric circles with section cut out

Here you go Coco, look forward to that display, get busy :impatient:
The dotted lines are the approximate floor & chair heights

again the outer most circle shouldn't exist I just like it there (really it marks the curve for the side windows)

Sweeeet! Thank you! This'll save me lots of time on the project.:yess:

I'll be making a corner shelf and ,using this template, cut a window out of some 1/4" plywood then add a random starry picture behind it.

If this is a production sample, I'll be happy with the shipped figure.

IMG_0488.JPG

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0490.JPG

IMG_0492.JPG

IMG_0493.JPG

I was thinking the same thing. It looks good. No way to tell if it's production or not. We'll have to wait for confirm from Brant or someone I suppose. The Smuggler Han they brought was the proto, but the Sandtroopers look like the production.

???

I'd settle for an expansion pack, I really can't get why not do them, at least for this Palpatine, sure it might be cheesy looking, but so's the doll dot :eek:

Small detail for some folks I'm sure, but I'm impressed with the size and overhand of the hood over the backs of his shoulders, historically hoods have been on the small side on Sideshow figures, but this looks right.

Small detail for some folks I'm sure, but I'm impressed with the size and overhand of the hood over the backs of his shoulders, historically hoods have been on the small side on Sideshow figures, but this looks right.

:exactly:

The hood looks great, and getting it right matters all that much for such a simple outfit.

It's one of the things I love about Medicom Maul over Sideshow, Maul's hood is huge and the Sideshow figure has a very small one that just doesn't look right.

This Palpatine robe looks great, hood size, that distinct texture's there, if that's production paint, this figure should be everything I could want.

I'm betting that that is the Production paint and it looks fantastic. Can't wait to get my $60 (reward points) Palpy now!

Back